Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Aren't spousal visa and PGP under family class?
Its slightly more complex... There is a separate spouse class and a separate family class (IIRC, but I may be wrong). PGP is in family class only.

Reactions: Lc4life

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
One thing I find funny from the cicnews data is that FSW backlog went up from October even though there is no FSW draws. My guess is those are the former expired COPRs, where once you expire, you are no longer part of their inventory and it went back once they resumed processing. Also, CEC processing dropped only 24k in 2 months, making it a rate of 12k per month. Much lower than their 14-16k prior rate. Most likely that resources went for FSW that received PPR nov and dez. Though since those FSW didn’t land, they still haven’t left the inventory.

VVV62

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
26-11-2020
The REAL bummer? Economic PR backlog is GROWING!!! WTF!!!! They did not have any CEC or FSW rounds for past 3 months and still they are not able to bring down backlog? WTF is happening?
I think that the EE backlog is growing because of 3 reasons:
- IRCC shifted its focus out of FSW (it could be related with the document dated with May, 2021, where the aim to focus on CEC applicants until the end of the year in order to reach the 400k quota)
- newlyweds (spouses added to applications).
- newborns (kids added to applications).

On my whatsapp group I see almost every day such messages as "hi everyone, my wife gave birth yesterday. What papers do i need to upload to my FSW application in order to add my kids?"

Nevertheless, there's no division into Outland/Inland halves. I see no cons in settled inland applicants' logic to be fruitful and multiply.

Last edited:

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I am just going to get a lawyer and try go for mandamus once I officially hit the two year mark
Lol I most probably would have forgotten I ever applied for Canada PR by the time I hit the 3 year mark.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
You know TRV covers multiple categories of people who want to enter/ stay in Canada temporarily:
  • Visitors (vacation)
  • Visitors (to see family)
  • Business travelers
  • Students needs TRVs
  • Anyone with a work permit also needs a TRV to re-enter the country
Study permit is called as TRV?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Study permit is called as TRV?
Study Permit (similar to Work permit) is an entirely different document to the TRV.
You apply for the permit which grants you the right to do whatever (work or study). Then you apply for the TRV to actually allow you entry into Canada

Reactions: RSub
D

Deleted member 1050918

If this happens we have some hope, if they going to resume draws ,kiss good bye to Canada because that means they have no plans to process backlogs.
They've stopped the draws because they have means to melt down the backlog. No need to stress. One thing is certain though that lowskill inlands will be given separate draws otherwise FSWs will crush them. That'll mean less draws for FSWs and thus increased cutoffs. No biggie though, 475+ should still be safe and if it gets too bad one could spare a few weeks to memorize some French and secure 4 pts.

VVV62

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
26-11-2020
Hi guys, it's me again.

Let's compare the data from October and December and make some conclusions:
Category
Inventory as of Oct 27, 2021Inventory as of Dec 15, 2021
CEC (EE)48,15724,675
CEC (No EE)6855
PNP (EE)37,56639,325
PNP (No EE)33,94327,421
FSW51,14754,529

There are 3 questions with possible answers:
1) Why did the number of FSW applicants grow?
----------I suppose it happened because IRCC shifted its focus on CEC. Meanwhile, FSW applicants add spouses and newborn kids to their applications. Although we all saw some FSW-O applicants on this forum who got their golden mails, I think the increment was higher that the number of COPRs.
2) What does No EE mean?
----------I don't actually know. However, I think it means paper applications (THIS POINT OF VIEW SHOULD BE CONFIRMED BY ANYONE WHO KNOWS FOR SURE)
3) Why did the number of PNP (EE) applicants grow?
----------According to the EE draws took place between Oct, 27 and Dec, 15, in sum, there were 2,420 ITAs sent, which corresponds to the increment.

As we can see, IRCC works mainly with the CEC (EE) and PNP (No EE) backlogs.
For CEC (EE): (48,157-24,675)/2 = 11,741 per month
For PNP (No EE): (33,943-27,421)/2 = 3,261 per month
In total, it's 11,741+3,261=15,002 per month which corresponds with the expected "finalizing speed of 15k" of IRCC.

As I mentioned before, in one of my previous posts, one of the strategy IRCC could follow is to shift its workforce from CEC to another category. I thought it would happen AFTER the CEC backlog is cleared... And the officers will be assigned to FSW, not PNP... Anyways, ~15k golden mails per month is a stable number, the main question is what IRCC will do after the CEC backlog is cleared.

My assumings for the first half of 2022:
- IRCC's capacity for the FSW, CEC, and PNP categories will remain around 15k COPRs per month.
- In the meantime, as we all know, IRCC plans to hire extra workforce. I hope it will take place in Jan-Feb, so there will be a chance to see the real PPR rain in this Spring.
- The CEC backlog will have been cleared by the end of February, 2022.
- IRCC will re-assign its officers who is responsible for CEC to FSW.
- It will take then about 4-5 month to clear the FSW backlog (June/July, 2022)
- CEC is ded. At least until April.
- PNP isn't ded. I suppose, we will see several PNP draws per month, but the number of ITAs per round will be below 1k.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hi guys, it's me again.

Category
CEC (EE)48,15724,675
CEC (No EE)6855
PNP (EE)37,56639,325
PNP (No EE)33,94327,421
FSW51,14754,529

----------I suppose it happened because IRCC shifted its focus on CEC. Meanwhile, FSW applicants add spouses and newborn kids to their applications. Although we all saw some FSW-O applicants on this forum who got their golden mails, I think the increment was higher that the number of COPRs.
2) What does No EE mean?
----------I don't actually know. However, I think it means paper applications (THIS POINT OF VIEW SHOULD BE CONFIRMED BY ANYONE WHO KNOWS FOR SURE)
----------According to the EE draws took place between Oct, 27 and Dec, 15, in sum, there were 2,420 ITAs sent, which corresponds to the increment.

In total, it's 11,741+3,261=15,002 per month which corresponds with the expected "finalizing speed of 15k" of IRCC.

As I mentioned before, in one of my previous posts, one of the strategy IRCC could follow is to shift its workforce from CEC to another category. I thought it would happen AFTER the CEC backlog is cleared... And the officers will be assigned to FSW, not PNP... Anyways, ~15k golden mails per month is a stable number, the main question is what IRCC will do after the CEC backlog is cleared.

- IRCC's capacity for the FSW, CEC, and PNP categories will remain around 15k COPRs per month.
- In the meantime, as we all know, IRCC plans to hire extra workforce. I hope it will take place in Jan-Feb, so there will be a chance to see the real PPR rain in this Spring.
- PNP isn't ded. I suppose, we will see several PNP draws per month, but the number of ITAs per round will be below 1k.
thanks mate, the analysis dropped in the middle of hiroshima 3 , Next time please find a good time to share such posts so everybody can read the post and it's following discussion seamlessly

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guys, it's me again.

Category
CEC (EE)48,15724,675
CEC (No EE)6855
PNP (EE)37,56639,325
PNP (No EE)33,94327,421
FSW51,14754,529

2) What does No EE mean?

These are plain wrong. CEC DRAWS WILL RESUME IN JAN/feb

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
So the Inland/Outland popcorn in the last few pages reminded me of a famous Indian movie (south indians here may know Amaidhipadai) which had a scene where a politician (who's the lead negative character) realizes that if he can make his constituents fight each other, they will forget how he never anything good for them and re-elect him. He then incites riots by spreading false information amongst two groups of people and ends up winning the election. Here, one group is inland and the other is us outland. The politician is IRCC. We have zero transparency from IRCC about wtf they are going to do with our profiles and applications and it's honestly not the fault of inland people that they are being allowed by IRCC to jump the queue ahead lol