+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Maybe.Moving

Oct 20, 2021
Something I can't quite make sense of: now we all know that the goal of Marco's leadership of IRCC is to restrict the amount of access skilled workers have to Canadian job market, however, massive fsw draws were still conducted in the second half of 2020. This seems to mean either 1) those draws were just for show and not supposed to be finalized or 2) the number of fsw draws were already set forth by the previous minister so it has to happen no matter how much Marco hates it. Unless IRCC is an evil cabal set up to hunt people down, 2) is more likely the reason why fsw continued. If this is the case, the EE reform budget bill, processing priority and no-communication policy will almost certainly be passed down, and the new minister has no choice but to carry them on, is this correct?
If Canadian politics is anything like US or European politics, one thing you might want to consider is whether skill level corresponds to which party an individual is likely to support. If high skilled workers tend to support the the Conservatives, a Liberal government wouldn't have much of an incentive to be pro-high skilled workers (assuming people who get PR now will be citizens = voters in 5 years).

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Yeah, I am. And if that CEC application falls through, then by the end of next year, I will have to leave Canada while my wife still enrolled in Phd and is in first few months. I cann't get SOWP because of a very recent and very bait and switch change IRCC did to rules of SOWP.
Why are you worried about your application? Isn't verifying CEC work experience easier and you don't even have to show foreign work experience to get extra CRS points. Rest all of the documents are objective so everything should be fine.

Reactions: Timbuktu_14

admcdonald

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
If Canadian politics is anything like US or European politics, one thing you might want to consider is whether skill level corresponds to which party an individual is likely to support. If high skilled workers tend to support the the Conservatives, a Liberal government wouldn't have much of an incentive to be pro-high skilled workers (assuming people who get PR now will be citizens = voters in 5 years).
Then it would not make much of a difference to have a new minister, I guess. Imho there's no serious partisan politics in Canada, so I'd rather say the incompetence of IRCC is more tied to individual politicians rather than a party.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Why are you worried about your application? Isn't verifying CEC work experience easier and you don't even have to show foreign work experience to get extra CRS points. Rest all of the documents are objective so everything should be fine.
Let me put it simply. No one likes to be defrauded. Right? Neither Canadian government, not immigrants. It does not matter if the fraud actually causes loss or potentially can cause loss. At the very least it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

When my wife chose to pursure education here, IRCC had a policy to support spouse's open work permit application (provided if my wife has right university and program). Now they have changed the policy, which debars me from getting SWOP totally. And they did it without any warning. This is classic bait and switch. Usually you announce changes before hand and let people know what is about to come so that people have a chance to adapt OR you treat them under same kind of rules that they begun their initial work as.

Now when I see what IRCC is doing it feels purely fraud. It increases my risk for no god damned reason but the IRCC's bait and switch tactics.

CEC does not play any role in it. I mean if I have a car and bike, I will still be pissed if you steal my bike, right?

Last edited:

admcdonald

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
Let me put it simply. No one likes to be defrauded. Right? Neither Canadian government, not immigrants. At the very least it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

When my wife chose to pursure education here, IRCC had a policy to support spouse's open work permit application (provided if my wife has right university and program). Now they have changed the policy, which debars me from getting SWOP. And they did it without any warning. This is classic bait and switch. Usually you announce changes before hand and let people know what is about to come so that people have a chance to adapt OR you treat them under same kind of rules that they begun their initial work as.

Now when I see what IRCC is doing it feels purely fraud. It increases my risk for no god damned reason but the IRCC's bait and switch tactics.

CEC does not play any role in it. I mean if I have a car and bike, I will still be pissed if you steal my bike, right?
LOL. I'm 2019 aor all passed fsw inland sitting here waiting for cec at 500+ so I can submit a second application.

What you are saying makes me wanna get a pnp as well after cec submission, and maybe tr-to-pr if they have quota for my noc next year.

I guess the safest approach against bait and switch is to submit a copy of application to every single program you are qualified for.

Seriously though, if both fsw and cec are done with, people should just consider moving elsewhere.

Reactions: Lc4life

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Let me put it simply. No one likes to be defrauded. Right? Neither Canadian government, not immigrants. It does not matter if the fraud actually causes loss or potentially can cause loss. At the very least it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

When my wife chose to pursure education here, IRCC had a policy to support spouse's open work permit application (provided if my wife has right university and program). Now they have changed the policy, which debars me from getting SWOP totally. And they did it without any warning. This is classic bait and switch. Usually you announce changes before hand and let people know what is about to come so that people have a chance to adapt OR you treat them under same kind of rules that they begun their initial work as.

That change was made because some people were using spouse's student status for SOWPception. Someone comes to study on a study permit, their spouse follows on a SOWP, then the student applies for SOWP using their spouse's OWP status and now both are working full time, this loophole was simply closed. What is the issue again?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
That change was made because some people were using spouse's student status for SOWPception. Someone comes to study on a study permit, their spouse follows on a SOWP, then the student applies for SOWP using their spouse's OWP status and now both are working full time, this loophole was simply closed. What is the issue again?
Yeah but now they have also closed the possibility of legitimate students to live with their spouses.

I came to Canada as worker with my wife as SOWP.
She got a Study permit after coming to Canada to study as a Phd. (That time this policy was not there).
Now when my own closed work permit expires, I cannot get SOWP based on my wife's Study permit and stay with her. Either she has to leave study in between or I have to be separated from her.

IRCC is basically not just closing loophole they are also punishing legitimate applicant.

• Sad
Reactions: OneStepAtATime

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Yeah but now they have also closed the possibility of legitimate students to live with their spouses.

I came to Canada as worker with my wife as SOWP.
She got a Study permit after coming to Canada to study as a Phd. (That time this policy was not there).
Now when my own closed work permit expires, I cannot get SOWP based on my wife's Study permit and stay with her. Either she has to leave study in between or I have to be separated from her.

IRCC is basically not just closing loophole they are also punishing legitimate applicant.
Damn, but your CEC application should be good right?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
What the hell? why didn't he start with that? it has much more meaning than diluted.
Cos he is an idiot

The conference was a mostly networking and industry event for immigration consultants. IRCC speakers weren’t there to give an update on processing anyway. Dude should have spent more time focusing on learning how to get more business, and less time tweeting nonsense.

Reactions: RSub

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Got my 3rd GCMS notes and this time I got it from CBSA. Zero change from previous notes.
Eligibilty: Passed.
Criminality: Not Started.
Security: Not Started.
Info Sharing: In progress.

At this time, I am going to pretent that I did not apply to Canadian PR. Beacause thinking so makes me feel like I am walking naked in front of people. I am unable answer people around me who keep asking “When are your moving to Canada?”. I am gonna concentrate on my life and let it come when it comes. I am not giving up rather I am just not gonna expect anything.

Reactions: dankboi

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
As far as I know, employer's in the UK are accepting foreign folks. If interested search and apply. They'll move your WP apps if they find you good and of course well with English. Since Brexit, they turned to skilled folks with English skills rather getting WP rejection due to language proficiency. PR ain't a big deal as long as you have a work here. Yes most apps processing is quick. but we have shitty rainy weather
Shitty rainy weather is better than imaginary PPR rain, Bro.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I don’t mean to pass any judgements here but you think life is miserable because you have made immigration your top priority. Once you stop putting developed countries on a high pedestal then you wouldn’t care about moving to those country anymore.
India is a big nation, full of educated and talented people and many Indians have made a name for themselves globally. If they can, you can as well.
Being an Indian comes with a lot of pressure. Most of us not only compete with fellow competitors but also need to impress family, friends, neighbor Aunty, fat belly uncle, old lady about to die, that guy I bought grocery from, guy whose name I forgot, unborn children of my cousin, and so on. If I ignore them, I will be termed as arrogant. Growing up in India makes you tough naturally.

Reactions: dankboi