+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

Wow I didn't know this, I always thought Taiwan was a sovereign country. Such ignorance. It's not surprising though, considering I hadn't heard there was a country named Canada until I found out it wasn't quite possible to immigrate to the US... lol
They don't officially recognize Taiwan as a country. I can't claim to understand the global politics of it. But here's a funny little thing. There isn't a Taiwanese embassy in the US, and there's no US embassy in Taiwan. They have unofficial buildings that do exactly what the embassy does, but they can't be officially called embassies lmao

Edit: They're apparently called 'cultural and economic centers' xD

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Bunch of incorrect stuff here that I won't bother correcting, but there are 18 countries today that recognize Taiwan as a sovereign state, the largest of which are Guatemala and Haiti. The US and EU do not recognize Taiwan as an independent country, and the nations that do, don't really have any impact on the world stage. Again, like I said, I was merely making a joke at IRCC's expense. I'll use actual sources when I want to brush up on my world history.
Check your facts, the US and all other nations considered ROC (Taiwan) as the one true China after the Civil War in 1949.

It was only after Nixon in 1972, that they turned their backs to the ROC (Taiwan) and established relations with the PRC (China), for the simple reason that if the befriend the PRC it could be one less friend of the USSR.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_visit_by_Richard_Nixon_to_China

D

Deleted member 1006777

Check your facts, the US and all other nations considered ROC (Taiwan) as the one true China after the Civil War in 1949.

It was only after Nixon in 1972, that they turned their backs to the ROC (Taiwan) and established relations with the PRC (China), for the simple reason that if the befriend the PRC it could be one less friend of the USSR.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1972_visit_by_Richard_Nixon_to_China
Bruh, you just reiterated what I said. I never said anything about the past. I was talking about right goddamn now, where they maintain relations with China and cannot officially recognize Taiwan as an independent country.

(Edited to be less aggressive lol. I don't want to start a meaningless war. The only gripe I have is with IRCC's shit leadership. )

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Bruh, you just reiterated what I said. I never said anything about the past. I was talking about right goddamn now, where they maintain relations with China and cannot officially recognize Taiwan as an independent country.

(Edited to be less aggressive lol. I don't want to start a meaningless war. The only gripe I have is with IRCC's shit leadership. )
Dude I agree that they don't recognize Taiwan today, what I'm saying is their situation is very different from HK, because HK never experienced that independent country status. And to be frank as you said, Taiwan somewhat still enjoys that independent country status with Guatemala, etc.

And well yeah, anyway, I knew your target was only IRCC, I have a gripe with them, you have a gripe with them, we all have a gripe with them.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Dude I agree that they don't recognize Taiwan today, what I'm saying is their situation is very different from HK, because HK never experienced that independent country status. And to be frank as you said, Taiwan somewhat still enjoys that independent country status with Guatemala, etc.

And well yeah, anyway, I knew your target was only IRCC, I have a gripe with them, you have a gripe with them, we all have a gripe with them.
I don't have any gripe with IRCC, infact I am very happy with how they are handling outland applications.

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
I got a friend who is going for the 3rd round of his IELTS for entering the pool. I keep telling him to think twice about investing all his efforts on Express Entry and consider plans B,C,... but he insists that we will be selected for sure (even tho in the best scenario he would hardly make it to 470). He is at peak of optimism...He says IRCC is waiting for him to get that golden ILETS score and they will resume the draws, so guys let us wait for it :) :)

FeedYourMojo

Jun 30, 2020
I'm thinking of applying for a postgraduate diploma. Is it easier getting the PR from this avenue even if it's expensive and what's the Post graduate work permit duration after the diploma? How hard is it for the permit to include my spouse and young kids?

• Wow
Reactions: dankboi

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
I'm thinking of applying for a postgraduate diploma. Is it easier getting the PR from this avenue even if it's expensive and what's the Post graduate work permit duration after the diploma? How hard is it for the permit to include my spouse and young kids?
If you only completed a diploma, that's just about +15 points to the CRS score. I think PGWP is valid depending on how much time you spend studying. 8 to <2 years. They will give you the same time you completed the diploma. If you completed 2+ years, they'll give you exactly 3 years PGWP. If you work for 1 year after PGWP though, you'd be eligible for CEC which grants bonus points on top of the +15 points to the CRS score. So assuming you took a 2-year diploma, that's 2 years + 1 year PGWP, you'd probably have a good chance of getting an ITA in 3 years time. This of course assumes you're under 30 or at least won't take too much of a hit in age.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
It is going be hard ngl, it all depends on how you present your application and if you planning to move with your family be ready for huge expenses. Best part is Spouse work permit and if you can get it can help you alot. Again lot of variables in student application with family.

D

Deleted member 1050918

what's the Post graduate work permit duration after the diploma? How hard is it for the permit to include my spouse and young kids?
How long: Depends. Your program must be at least 8 months long. For 2 years thesis-based MSc programs and regular PhD programs you get 3 years. For programs between 8 months - 2 years, you're usually given as many months as your program's normal duration.

How hard: No idea. Probably not that hard.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
How long: Depends. Your program must be at least 8 months long. For 2 years thesis-based MSc programs and regular PhD programs you get 3 years. For programs between 8 months - 2 years, you're usually given as many months as your program's normal duration.

How hard: No idea. Probably not that hard.
If people mention that they are gonna write a thesis on how IRCC achieved their 2021 immigration targets despite all the restrictions in their SOP, then they will get 100% approval for their study permit.