+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

Guys I figured out Canada's next excuse to fuck FSW. Taiwan! How much are you guys willing to bet that the next 'crisis' is going to be prioritizing Taiwanese applicants in lieu of FSW apps? The timing is pretty good too.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Guys I figured out Canada's next excuse to fuck FSW. Taiwan! How much are you guys willing to bet that the next 'crisis' is going to be prioritizing Taiwanese applicants in lieu of FSW apps? The timing is pretty good too.
I'm doubtful on this one, unless war breaks out, and Taiwan lost, though given current US language it seems that whoever's gonna win it's going to be a pyrrhic victory. Unlike Afghanistan where Afghans want to leave, the Taiwanese people actually want to stay in Taiwan.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
I'm doubtful on this one, unless war breaks out, and Taiwan lost, though given current US language it seems that whoever's gonna win it's going to be a pyrrhic victory. Unlike Afghanistan where Afghans want to leave, the Taiwanese people actually want to stay in Taiwan.
Taiwanese won’t drop their shit and run. If it does escalate, it will be long.

Bathna33

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Tunisia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-06-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2021
Med's Done....
18-11-2021
Passport Req..
07-01-2022
They might be sad about the Canadian ambassador being expelled from Turkey, so all services down because we sad.

• Haha
Reactions: maxim.tweedshirt

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
About processing times for PNP: About the same as any other FSW. I doubt provinces could help speed that up since it's all up to IRCC. But if I recall correctly your gf is in healthcare, in which case the province might really have pushed the federal govt to expedite PNP processing using covid as a good excuse.

In 2019, IRCC's published avg processing time was 9 months for FSW and 8 months for PNP if memory serves me well.
I was thinking the same but I am not too sure. We will send out an email to find out if they know if the processing time will be expedited :)

D

Deleted member 1006777

Nah not refugees. Special program and priority processing. Like they did with Hong Kong. And they won't distribute the workload to compensate for a Taiwan specific program. They'll just push it on FSWs. It's perfect for their political grandstanding.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Nah not refugees. Special program and priority processing. Like they did with Hong Kong. And they won't distribute the workload to compensate for a Taiwan specific program. They'll just push it on FSWs. It's perfect for their political grandstanding.
HK was different, HK is internationally recognized as part of China. It has no military, nothing similar to the Taiwan defense act, and the police is under Chinese jurisdiction. What happened in HK was the local government clamping down on human rights in HK. Similarly Taliban a "local" government is calmping down on human rights.

Taiwan is different, first and foremost it has an active and relatively modern military, is actually recognized by some nations as a sovereign independent state, it has TSMC and GlobalFoundries which serves as a bargaining chip with the US. If China takes Taiwan, it's going to be an international war.

Turkey is more likely to become a political tool, since it's also a situation where a "local" government clamping is down on some western ideology.

D

Deleted member 1006777

HK was different, HK is internationally recognized as part of China. It has no military, nothing similar to the Taiwan defense act, and the police is under Chinese jurisdiction. What happened in HK was the local government clamping down on human rights in HK. Similarly Taliban a "local" government is calmping down on human rights.

Taiwan is different, first and foremost it has an active and relatively modern military, is actually recognized by some nations as a sovereign independent state, it has TSMC and GlobalFoundries which serves as a bargaining chip with the US. If China takes Taiwan, it's going to be an international war.

Turkey is more likely to become a political tool, since it's also a situation where a "local" government clamping is down on some western ideology.
All of this is under the assumption that IRCC decisions are based on some form of rationality. But you're right maybe it won't be Taiwan. Let's go Turkey. Hope FSWs aren't ever allowed into Canada.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
All of this is under the assumption that IRCC decisions are based on some form of rationality. But you're right maybe it won't be Taiwan. Let's go Turkey. Hope FSWs aren't ever allowed into Canada.
It's under the assumption that IRCC would follow whatever the other nations are doing, the Brits let HK in, they let HK in, US let's Afghans in, they let Afghans in.

By the way, Taiwan is a first world nation, which is why you need to make a case to the average Taiwanese people, on why they should leave the country.

D

Deleted member 1006777

It's under the assumption that IRCC would follow whatever the other nations are doing, the Brits let HK in, they let HK in, US let's Afghans in, they let Afghans in.

By the way, Taiwan is a first world nation, which is why you need to make a case to the average Taiwanese people, on why they should leave the country.
As far as I know, HK, perhaps not by definition, is also a very wealthy country. They just offered a special stream and priority processing to people from HK. I don't see why they wouldn't do that with Taiwan. I'm sure there people wanting to immigrate to Canada from Taiwan. Regardless, I wasn't being serious. I was just making a joke about IRCC's batshit decision making. Hopefully we all see some good news in a couple of days and bid good riddance to the shitstain that ruined Canadian immigration.

Reactions: purohitab

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
As far as I know, HK, perhaps not by definition, is also a very wealthy country. They just offered a special stream and priority processing to people from HK. I don't see why they wouldn't do that with Taiwan. I'm sure there people wanting to immigrate to Canada from Taiwan. Regardless, I wasn't being serious. I was just making a joke about IRCC's batshit decision making. Hopefully we all see some good news in a couple of days and bid good riddance to the shitstain that ruined Canadian immigration.
Because while HK was wealthy, it was not a "country", it never was, it was land leased by the Brits from China, then given a taste of democracy. The original agreement with UK was for China to slowly merge HK back to the mainland, what happened last year with HK, was China accelerating that process thus undermining the western rights that the HK residents come to know and love.

Taiwan is different since it was separated from the Mainland via Civil War. In fact most of the world viewed PRC as the renegade province in the early years after the war, and Taiwan as the true China. Once it was apparent that PRC was going to stay, (and they want access to the Chinese mainland), they started saying PRC was the real China and cut-off relations with Taiwan, but there are still nations today which has not defected and still considers Taiwan as the true China, and hence a sovereign state.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Because while HK was wealthy, it was not a "country", it never was, it was land leased by the Brits from China, then given a taste of democracy. The original agreement with UK was for China to slowly merge HK back to the mainland, what happened last year with HK, was China accelerating that process thus undermining the western rights that the HK residents come to know and love.

Taiwan is different since it was separated from the Mainland via Civil War. In fact most of the world viewed PRC as the renegade province in the early years after the war, and Taiwan as the true China. Once it was apparent that PRC was going to stay, (and they want access to the Chinese mainland), they started saying PRC was the real China and cut-off relations with Taiwan, but there are still nations today which has not defected and still considers Taiwan as the true China, and hence a sovereign state.
Bunch of incorrect stuff here that I won't bother correcting, but there are 18 countries today that recognize Taiwan as a sovereign state, the largest of which are Guatemala and Haiti. The US and EU do not recognize Taiwan as an independent country, and the nations that do, don't really have any impact on the world stage. Again, like I said, I was merely making a joke at IRCC's expense. I'll use actual sources when I want to brush up on my world history.

D

Deleted member 1050918

The US and EU do not recognize Taiwan as an independent country
Wow I didn't know this, I always thought Taiwan was a sovereign country. Such ignorance. It's not surprising though, considering I hadn't heard there was a country named Canada until I found out it wasn't quite possible to immigrate to the US... lol