Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hey sorry for sidetracking from the subject of discussion, can you please explain what BOWP, R10, BIL, MEP mean. I received an ITA on Oct 14 and I am yet to submit my application. Absolutely no clue about all these acronyms people keep using so frequently on this forum. Would be grateful if someone can just briefly explain. TIA.
Once you submit your PR application:
The first thing the you receive is AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt.
R10: First check that's carried out to see if the required documents are sent and in the proper format. If there are any required docs missing here, the application is mostly refused.
BIL: Biometrics invite Letter. Sent by IRCC to schedule your Biometrics.
MEP: Medical Exam Passed. The date when Medicals shows as passed in the profile.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

triptilive

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
Once you submit your PR application:
The first thing the you receive is AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt.
R10: First check that's carried out to see if the required documents are sent and in the proper format. If there are any required docs missing here, the application is mostly refused.
BIL: Biometrics invite Letter. Sent by IRCC to schedule your Biometrics.
MEP: Medical Exam Passed. The date when Medicals shows as passed in the profile.
Thanks a ton! When you say application is refused do you mean they would not even give us the time to submit the missing docs? Does one have to forfeit both the application fee and the ITA. How do we check if all the required docs are submitted. I am not using any professional's help and applying by myself so any advice would be welcome.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Thanks a ton! When you say application is refused do you mean they would not even give us the time to submit the missing docs? Does one have to forfeit both the application fee and the ITA.
If it is part of the required set of documents then yes it will be refused and you have to get into the pool again.
Although, if you are waiting for certain docs like PCCs, a LOE with proof of applying for PCCs can be uploaded until they arrive.

Reactions: triptilive

triptilive

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
If it is part of the required set of documents then yes it will be refused and you have to get into the pool again.
Although, if you are waiting for certain docs like PCCs, a LOE with proof of applying for PCCs can be uploaded until they arrive.
Phew, that is scary! Getting into the pool again would mean redoing upfront medicals and filling up the information all over again right?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Phew, that is scary! Getting into the pool again would mean redoing upfront medicals and filling up the information all over again right?
Upfront medicals can be linked to the new profile if it is valid.

Reactions: triptilive
D

Deleted member 1050918

True, however PNP people needn't worry as much as the only draws happening now are PNP. Even an all program draw would include PNP so it's an almost win-win situation unless CEC draws are held. Correct me if I am wrong.
A PNP nomination is tied to a single EE profile. Once your EE app gets rejected, that EE profile is done for so you also lose the PNP invitation, in which case you'd need to open a new EE profile and hope for a new PNP nomination.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
A PNP nomination is tied to a single EE profile. Once your EE app gets rejected, that EE profile is done for so you also lose the PNP invitation, in which case you'd need to open a new EE profile and hope for a new PNP nomination.
If you made a mistake and the application was returned for incompleteness, you can create a new profile and ask the province to send you the nomination again.

triptilive

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
Yeah this is what I am scared about actually. Not getting the ITA but filling up all the information all over again and getting a new profile and redoing medicals.

D

Deleted member 1050918

If you made a mistake and the application was returned for incompleteness, you can create a new profile and ask the province to send you the nomination again.
You sure about it? I'm sure I've read PNP nominations cannot be transferred between EE profiles. Sure we can ask but what's the provinces' usual response to that? I imagine it'd be pretty shit to be in that situation so I wouldn't hope too much.

triptilive

Star Member
Aug 10, 2021
You sure about it? I'm sure I've read PNP nominations cannot be transferred between EE profiles. Sure we can ask but what's the provinces' usual response to that? I imagine it'd be pretty shit to be in that situation so I wouldn't hope too much.
Well not sure about other PNPs but my Nomination letter has this information. That I can transfer my nomination to another profile if I don't get an ITA and the profile expires for any other reason.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Yes, this has happened before. They just need to send those 600 points to your profile again as the nomination certificate itself is valid for 6 months which you can resubmit. Best to submit a complete application to avoid this.

Reactions: Lc4life
D

Deleted member 1050918

Well not sure about other PNPs but my Nomination letter has this information. That I can transfer my nomination to another profile if I don't get an ITA and the profile expires for any other reason.
Mine doesn't say anything about that. Here's what mine says:

"
To use this nomination, you must be invited to apply by IRCC and submit a complete application to IRCC before this date.
"

Yes, this has happened before. They just need to send those 600 points to your profile again as the nomination certificate itself is valid for 6 months which you can resubmit. Best to submit a complete application to avoid this.
Good news then. Is it really necessary to send the nomination certificate though? Mine says keep the letter for future if IRCC asks for it but that's it.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hey sorry for sidetracking from the subject of discussion, can you please explain what BOWP, R10, BIL, MEP mean. I received an ITA on Oct 14 and I am yet to submit my application. Absolutely no clue about all these acronyms people keep using so frequently on this forum. Would be grateful if someone can just briefly explain. TIA.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/meanings-of-some-usual-abbreviations-like-ppr-rprf-aug-etc.160479/
https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/aor-to-ppr