+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
Despite all the trolling, I did have some semblance of hope for an FSW draw. It's all dead now. I feel disgusted with myself that I'm now desperately looking at the student visa option.
People get their study visas in 20 days in my country, and they post videos about it on youtube like they're some sort of experts after their 20 days long journeys. On the other hand, I've been waiting for my FSW-O application to be finalized since Nov 2019. :confused:

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
People get their study visas in 20 days in my country, and they post videos about it on youtube like they're some sort of experts after their 20 days long journeys. On the other hand, I've been waiting for my FSW-O application to be finalized since Nov 2019. :confused:
This thing will end soon. I have stopped watching any bs on YT regarding this topic :) there is no point. Till some time I was enjoying but as of now I am really tired listening of all people giving their theories, predictions etc. It is what it is. If we will just focus on what we are doing now, time will pass a lot quicker than we think without additional stress.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
This thing will end soon. I have stopped watching any bs on YT regarding this topic :) there is no point. Till some time I was enjoying but as of now I am really tired listening of all people giving their theories, predictions etc. It is what it is. If we will just focus on what we are doing now, time will pass a lot quicker than we think without additional stress.
we all just need to delete our accounts for mental sanity

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
for universities, the deadline is usually January for fall. It is competitive as well, you will need a solid GPA too. Today I am regretting my decision to choose US instead of Canada for my master's. I was so confident back then that due to sibling points i will anyways get an ITA. FSW cancellation just fucked my plans already.
I am sorry to know about your troubles.
Even when i was graduating in mechanical engineering back in 2014...most people i know choose USA over Canada..just 2 people i know went to Canada and yes today t hey have their PRs in hand.

So you were just part of the wave i reckon?

Bro what is your take on this?..

If you have to study...which province would you choose and how long would your course be? Is it better to study in Bc cause of the program called BC PNP? or is it better to study in remote northern provinces?

Lonwolf

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
Yes... same situation here... If they have become experts on their 20 days journey, well we could be the next President of Canada... sigh*...

Reactions: Glaber

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Even when i was graduating in mechanical engineering back in 2014...most people i know choose USA over Canada..just 2 people i know went to Canada and yes today t hey have their PRs in hand.

If you have to study...which province would you choose and how long would your course be? Is it better to study in Bc cause of the program called BC PNP? or is it better to study in remote northern provinces?
No, i wasnt part of that wave. I knew very well how difficult it is to stay in US. However, I was lured into taking admission because of the full scholarship :(. My brother was PR already then so points were never an issue. Atlantic regions are good as no one goes there(very cold). Are you going to do masters or diploma?

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

If going for masters i will not worry about provinces. The main thing is to get acceptance, even that is going to be tough if everyone goes for a study route lmao

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
not t
not a fan of Quebec :rolleyes:
i was waiting for FSW to resume .. but .. i dont know anymore, maybe today we will get a FSW !
I can bet anything on this "There will be NO FSW draw in 2021". That's my absolute prediction.

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
No, i wasnt part of that wave. I knew very well how difficult it is to stay in US. However, I was lured into taking admission because of the full scholarship :(. My brother was PR already then so points were never an issue. Atlantic regions are good as no one goes there(very cold). Are you going to do masters or diploma?
Bro
What is your crs currently? i still believe that FSW will resume by 2022 . It is just that my score will be much more awful that it is right now(471)

Mine will drop to 469( i will give another IELTS) in the middle of 2022 and with no FSW draws now..i think it is best to make the study move.

I am thinking of masters in mechanical engineering.I am going to go in for a 1 year masters to begin with.. After that, i will find a way ahead.

There is a super good university in BC, ubc which is offering this program but i wasn't too good in my engineering days. i failed a total of 8 times but i have some solid core mechanical work experience of nearly 5.5 years by the time i hopefully get into Canada. I will also have good recommendations . SOP all i will take care..Just my grades from bachelors have been mediocre..:p

Another possibility is to study in the northern provinces..i wonder if that will make my life any easier..?

Do graduates straight away get a PR?..LOL as long as they are from northern provinces?

i know there is a similar program called BC PNP meant for STEM GRADUATES ...

What is your take on this bro?

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Bro
What is your crs currently? i still believe that FSW will resume by 2022 . It is just that my score will be much more awful that it is right now(471)

Mine will drop to 469( i will give another IELTS) in the middle of 2022 and with no FSW draws now..i think it is best to make the study move.

I am thinking of masters in mechanical engineering.I am going to go in for a 1 year masters to begin with.. After that, i will find a way ahead.

There is a super good university in BC, ubc which is offering this program but i wasn't too good in my engineering days. i failed a total of 8 times but i have some solid core mechanical work experience of nearly 5.5 years by the time i hopefully get into Canada. I will also have good recommendations . SOP all i will take care..Just my grades from bachelors have been mediocre..:p

Another possibility is to study in the northern provinces..i wonder if that will make my life any easier..?

Do graduates straight away get a PR?..LOL as long as they are from northern provinces?

I have 2 crs 488 and 467. SOP wont do anything neither your exp. College admissions are based on GPA and GPA alone. Apply to a bunch of universities and colleges, and see if you are able to secure an admit. You must start applying by end of this month with your TOEFL/IELTS score ready.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Bro

UBC is one of the top Canadian universities. I wouldn't be too optimistic of an admit given your profile. The competition is just over the roof.