Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A little help here, does anyone know of any European country that’s easy to immigrate to with your family ? For example, student visa that also gives option for dependent spouse/child ? I was looking at Poland but apparently no dependent spouse
It'd be good to have a Google of something like, "easiest countries to emigrate to in Europe". I found two websites now that mentioned Spain and Portugal as good options. Not sure if the below might help. :)

Reactions: Badgirloma

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
it does make sense. but, it also points to the fact that they have serious tech issues. Hence, I think the conversation around investing more into upgrading tech.
Oh, yeah. For sure! It's not an ideal situation at all. I really hope the pandemic has fueled the will to move away from paper-based apps and towards enabling Officers to get their jobs done easily online. Not sure if that's possible remotely (security restrictions and such), but better tech systems are most welcome if that enables speedier processing. And perhaps even easier access to GCMS info, which was something an article I read recently mentioned IRCC was looking into, from what I remember.

Sep 9, 2021
There are rumours that since Canada missed a CEC draw on 2 sept we are going to have a surprise draw? are these true? What are the chances this big surprise is going to FSW?

Here are some sources that ignited this question in my mind coupled with my frustration as I am simply waiting since long and going to loose 5 points soon.
1. video 1 suggesting this
2.video 2 suggesting this

There are many more that are not in english (i.e in my language HINDI)...

Should i get my hopes up?
M really fed up, Hope it starts soon

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Aren’t most CECs already working and contributing to the economy? It would be myopic for IRCC to depend on CEC to fill up all those positions.
CEC's are super people, they can do two jobs once IRCC meets their yearly quota by the end of the year and they get their PR.

• Haha
Reactions: Tristan-XI

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
CEC's are super people, they can do two jobs once IRCC meets their yearly quota by the end of the year and they get their PR.
Let’s imagine IRCC welcomes 200,000 CECs at the end of this year (almost impossible). Even if they did 2 jobs how will they fill up 800,000 vacant roles? Lol

Reactions: Tristan-XI

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Unfortunately most of those jobs are service sector positions (retail, hospitality, etc.), as per the article. That's not really what FSWs are looking for, I would imagine.
Indeed, but this can be good news for us, hot shots candidates, who might need "survival jobs" and a way to start gaining that "Canadian experience" once we land.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Many FSW take up these jobs initially while trying to set foot on the country’s terrain until they can find a more specialized/expert-role job
I will probably run out of savings by the third month. After the first month of landing I need to find an some survival jobs. It was a big concern for me.
But now all that is forgotten because of never ending waiting game with IRCC.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Many FSW take up these jobs initially while trying to set foot on the country’s terrain until they can find a more specialized/expert-role job
it's complex.

1. Canada wants more people to replace ageing population.
2. Companies are happier with growing population as they can continue to keep pay growth relatively low compared to cost of living (won't comment on RE because at the rate at which it is going up, folks will need 15% salary hikes every 6 months).
3. People are happy because they get to leave their old lives behind for something new.

Where the trouble starts is expectations. Too many white-collar job seekers in the market competing for a handful of jobs. Is this going to change anytime soon? Nope. But, that's the truth of Canada and yet people like us come here seeking a better life. I know people who are doing really well here, and a few who aren't. This is Canada, ladies and gentlemen.

Reactions: Jaycejay
D

Deleted member 1006777

Aren’t most CECs already working and contributing to the economy? It would be myopic for IRCC to depend on CEC to fill up all those positions.
Just like it was myopic for them to blindly send out invites or accept 90k extra pr applications without setting up the digital infrastructure or manpower to process it? Oh yeah, IRCC would never do aaannything shortsighted. They make smart data-driven decisions!