+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

IRCC increased the capacity of staff responsible for spousal sponsorships by 66% so they can process & finalize up to 6,000 applications monthly between Oct-Dec 2020

They ended up finalizing a total of 15,999 files throughout the period.

Covid is not the excuse, they just don’t rate us, simple!
Sometimes I want a Liberal minority win because of the uncertainty if the rival party won, other times I want a conservative win because i feel it will only get worse from here with the LIBs
Yo I stopped looking at anything Canada/immigration related. I used to look at elections now I don't follow that either. This whole thing turned into cancer lol including this thread. I just check my email and EE profile see if there's anything.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
This is exactly what I have been trying to say but most people here are convinced this will never happen. Commons sense says that they will just continue to ignore pending applications and replying to queries saying they are still in the process for a long time and then announce some policy change which will say it's impossible for them to make a decision because of huge backlog and canceling is the only option.
IRCC and common sense are 2 ends of the spectrum. Canceling applications is an extreme step that I don't think will ever happen However seeing how unpredictably they are behaving and how messed up their entire system is, nothing is beyond the realms of possibility.

sixtyby3

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
But you see... I live the furthest south amongst us, which means I have the longest to travel to get to Canada. So, clearly I should be prioritized. :p

Me: Looking for a one-way ticket to the South Pole.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
IRCC and common sense are 2 ends of the spectrum. Canceling applications is an extreme step that I don't think will ever happen However seeing how unpredictably they are behaving and how messed up their entire system is, nothing is beyond the realms of possibility.
I bet those "Do you still want to immigrate?" emails are just lip service sent by some junior employees and not by any actual visa officers because most people replying to that email are not hearing back anything for months. What is even the point of sending that email when these people already have their applications approved? Who in their right mind will answer no?

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Reapplying for FSW applications wouldn’t work the same as tourists visa applicants where you can just reapply, since you need to receive an ITA. So I doubt they would do the same in that sense. Though this causes me to believe their tech is really shitty, if the only way they can filter applications is by reapplying. So I guess that shows they really can’t separate inland/Outland FSW automatically. They would need to physically open apps and are lazy to do so.

Ak1664

Star Member
Jun 25, 2021
If there were to resume all program draws and invite FSWs, it'll be very interesting to see what happens, coz they are not known to follow first come first serve.

sixtyby3

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I hear housing prices are really affordable!
Bring a few bottles of water, a bucket and maybe an ice-pick, and voilà tout! You could be living in your very own home in a matter of days - no mortgage, no down payment, no closing costs, no realtor fees, nada. :)

Reactions: Hajimuktar

sixtyby3

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I bet those "Do you still want to immigrate?" emails are just lip service sent by some junior employees and not by any actual visa officers because most people replying to that email are not hearing back anything for months. What is even the point of sending that email when these people already have their applications approved? Who in their right mind will answer no?
Maybe that's their way of giving us a hint...

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
How did we end up in this situation where they are processing or at least sending updates for every other category except FSW? It's unbelievable. In hindsight, I wouldn't have applied for this had I known that it would take 18 months with no meaningful communication happening. Right now, I'm too invested in this to give up.

Lesson learnt: Immigrating to a first world country is complicated. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.