+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

it is growing, the software market is in the bloom.

Well, i don't have to leave the US if I can get a Canada PR. I can still take home US salary, and do border crossing every day.
EU market ain't shrinking either. I doubt many people will think they can do border crossing every day so paying 100k to a useless Canadian degree becomes a profitable move all of a sudden. But for your specific case yes it indeed may work. I try to think general though, many people won't go for that.

The situation with the job market is already clear but there are other things I didn't even mention, like how far Canada is. Plane tickets are more expensive, flight is longer and more difficult, families coming and going is more difficult for everyone. Any other immigration program Canada offers than FSW is just less profitable than what other countries offer.

I tried to keep it general like I tried to include asian and indian people too. But for me for example, even US becomes an easier option than buying a PGWP for CEC.

singh@1234

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
EU market ain't shrinking either. I doubt many people will think they can do border crossing every day so paying 100k to a useless Canadian degree becomes a profitable move all of a sudden. But for your specific case yes it indeed may work. I try to think general though, many people won't go for that.

The situation with the job market is already clear but there are other things I didn't even mention, like how far Canada is. Plane tickets are more expensive, flight is longer and more difficult, families coming and going is more difficult for everyone. Any other immigration program Canada offers other than FSW is just less profitable than what other countries offer.

I tried to keep it general like I tried to include asian and indian people too. But for me for example, even US becomes an easier option than buying a PGWP for CEC.
US is not easy at all, H1b is lottery-based. Many don't get selected even after their 3 attempts(1 opt, 2 stem opt) that they get after degree.

D

Deleted member 1050918

US is not easy at all, H1b is a lottery based. Many don't get selected.
Yeah the lottery hits many people bad, which is why US becomes a more difficult option for indian and asian people. It was a specific example for people from other countries though; like for me US is a more profitable option than PGWP->CEC. But yeah this can't be a general statement, it applies only to a few people. Canada may/should care about this though. Like if all the non-asian and non-indian people in the EE pool turn to EU and US all of a sudden (along with many other asian and indian people of course), isn't that a failure?

They're gambling with the system and I think they'd regret it.

singh@1234

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Yeah the lottery hits many people bad, which is why US becomes a more difficult option for indian and asian people. It was a specific example for people from other countries though; like for me US is a more profitable option than PGWP->CEC. But yeah this can't be a general statement, it applies only to a few people. Canada may/should care about this though. Like if all the non-asian and non-indian people in the EE pool turn to EU and US all of a sudden (along with many other asian and indian people of course), isn't that a failure?

They're gambling with the system and I think they'd regret it.
the lottery doesn't have any country quota, it will be difficult for you as well.

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
By the time outland applicants get their PR, and then convert to citizens and gain the right to vote in Federal and Provincial elections, I can assure you that the combined effects of COVID's disruption to IRCC operations, and IRCC incompetence in certain aspects of processing applications, will be the furthest thing from their minds at that point in time.

All political parties have their faults, some more than others. But people mostly vote based on promises, manifestos, and issues that affect them in the short to medium term, and not based on some long held grudge from when they were trying to gain Permanent Residency to Canada in the first place.
Well said.

If I ever do get PPR... I'll definitely look at Liberals in a negative light even if I'm casting my vote in their favor.

Reactions: immicow

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
That’s why I despise professional politicians. Shortsighted in achieving short term goals and pocketing a few grand in the process.
Professional politicians are like professional lovers. Sweet talking gold digging slimy bastards.

Reactions: Alysson
D

Deleted member 1050918

the lottery doesn't have any country quota, it will be difficult for you as well.
I don't have a single friend or heard anybody else who lost it to the lottery. It works good enough at least for people from around here it seems.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Nope, there is no country-specific quota. Your sample size is small then
Yeah looks like our friend above lost the lottery, first time hearing someone losing it. Good thing EU doesn't have any of that. Nothing justifies paying 100k CAD to a useless degree and wasting 2 years along with the small fortune in a student life at a later age.

In fact, I'm the only dumbass that's still trying for Canada among my friends. They've all gone to EU with very good careers and paychecks. They had an easy time and the results were quick. I've been waiting in the pool for 9 months lol. I'm giving FSW a last chance. The minute it's out, I'm out.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Not just fake Covid Test report bruh but Fake IELTS, Degree, etc. as well. A large portion of those so called students pay a large sum and easily get a doctored IELTS test result as well (through some agents/consultancies).

It is a backend process where some agent from the BC/IDP manually alters the result (depending on the money paid) in accordance to the college/university expectation and the updated score will show up in the TRF later. There is a big racket run by some dudes from the IDP/BC partnering with many consultancies.

Recently, in the year 2020, the Niagara college of Canada busted this and found some students who can hardly say where they are from (in English) but have exceptional IELTS scores. Those 'so-called' students were then asked to re-write and many were supposedly deported with a ban after they were not even able to get a lower grade

My school friend's brother (father is a business magnate in Punjab, India) did the same and is now a PR (got it through the CEC draw when the cut off was around 380). The guy can hardly say about his hometown in English but is a Permanent Resident now.
One day when I got the chance to talk to him, I asked about this behavior and he said that 1000s of students (especially from the northern part of my country) easily get a doctored IELTS by paying a huge sum and flock off to Canada and this is very very normal. I then got fed up and disconnected the call.

I really feel bad that such defaulters bring a very bad reputation to India and to my of us who are immigrating professionally.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2018/12/08/400-students-in-india-told-to-retake-language-tests-after-niagara-college-flags-concerns.html
This is just shocking but I am not surprised :D I can see a lot of guys on fb groups posting IELTS CLB 10, great speaking and writing scores and when you read they posts you can see tons of mistakes :)

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
People born outside India and China don't have to rely exclusively on the H1B lottery. They can get sponsored for and get their green cards even while working under OPT.

I (Indian born) lost 3 lottery attempts myself and now hoping that I get my Canadian PR before January