+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

singh@1234

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
That's what those lobbyists don't understand. I've said it before I'll say it again; the number of people who go for Canadian degrees today solely for immigration purposes wouldn't change no matter what the new legislation is. The lobby is obviously targeting outlanders. Now what's the percentage of outlanders who would pay Canadian schools just to immigrate? Far less than they anticipate. When I chose Canada out of all those far better options, my reason was FSW. Easy, transparent, and cheap immigration. Now why would I leave all the kickass job prospects in EU, UK, or US, or even AUS/NZ, and pick Canada if I'm gonna have to spend a crazy amount of money anyway?
Most ,who are impatient like me ,are from india. We dont have the luxury to get a job anywhere else.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Wow, that's exceptionally bad! Why not just pay for the test? If they go to Canada and have COVID, they make the situation worse there, and maybe the border shuts again. But, I guess they don't care about that since they'll have gotten in in time. I really hope Canada has a way of seeing through fake tests and sending them right back home like they deserve. Or locking them up even.
Not just fake Covid Test report bruh but Fake IELTS, Degree, etc. as well. A large portion of those so called students pay a large sum and easily get a doctored IELTS test result as well (through some agents/consultancies).

It is a backend process where some agent from the BC/IDP manually alters the result (depending on the money paid) in accordance to the college/university expectation and the updated score will show up in the TRF later. There is a big racket run by some dudes from the IDP/BC partnering with many consultancies.

Recently, in the year 2020, the Niagara college of Canada busted this and found some students who can hardly say where they are from (in English) but have exceptional IELTS scores. Those 'so-called' students were then asked to re-write and many were supposedly deported with a ban after they were not even able to get a lower grade

My school friend's brother (father is a business magnate in Punjab, India) did the same and is now a PR (got it through the CEC draw when the cut off was around 380). The guy can hardly say about his hometown in English but is a Permanent Resident now.
One day when I got the chance to talk to him, I asked about this behavior and he said that 1000s of students (especially from the northern part of my country) easily get a doctored IELTS by paying a huge sum and flock off to Canada and this is very very normal. I then got fed up and disconnected the call.

I really feel bad that such defaulters bring a very bad reputation to India and to my of us who are immigrating professionally.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2018/12/08/400-students-in-india-told-to-retake-language-tests-after-niagara-college-flags-concerns.html

• Wow
Reactions: OneStepAtATime

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
That's what those lobbyists don't understand. I've said it before I'll say it again; the number of people who go for Canadian degrees today solely for immigration purposes wouldn't change no matter what the new legislation is. The lobby is obviously targeting outlanders. Now what's the percentage of outlanders who would pay Canadian schools just to immigrate? Far less than they anticipate. When I chose Canada out of all those far better options, my reason was FSW. Easy, transparent, and cheap immigration. Now why would I leave all the kickass job prospects in EU, UK, or US, or even AUS/NZ, and pick Canada if I'm gonna have to spend a crazy amount of money anyway?
But the thing is, lobbyist don’t care about overall immigration levels. They care about international student levels. There are quite a few with AOR planning on applying for student visas if things don’t return. Applicants like you wouldn’t give universities anything either way. The ones who should care about lack of quality immigrants is the government, but I guess money talks louder.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Most ,who are impatient like me ,are from india. We dont have the luxury to get a job anywhere else.
You haven't done your research then. You haven't looked at EU (Germany and UK to begin with) especially from a long-term goals perspective. FSW beats every other program or country. However, CEC is less profitable than most EU opportunities in the long run. Compared to Germany, CEC lands you your PR a year earlier but you get hit by the realities of Canadian job market.

singh@1234

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
You haven't done your research then. You haven't looked at EU (Germany and UK to begin with) especially from a long-term goals perspective. FSW beats every other program or country. However, CEC is less profitable than most EU opportunities in the long run. Compared to Germany, CEC lands you your PR a year earlier but you get hit by the realities of Canadian job market.
When i was working in UK, my salary was 60K pounds. In US it is 225k$, In canada, at my level, i can get 150kCAD. To me US>>>CA>Everything else.

D

Deleted member 1050918

When i was working my UK, my salary was 60K pounds. In US it is 225k$, In canada, at my level, i can get 150kCAD. To me US>>>CA>Everything else.
After spending 100k CAD and 2 years for a useless degree, whereas in Germany you could do a joint program with an industrial partner, work as you study for free. School is free, you pay for life expenses which is needless to say far less than 100k CAD. Also your program in Germany is probably shorter than that in Canada -> less money spent for school.

No STEM job market in Canada is larger than EU job markets. Software might be slightly bigger in Canada (which I doubt, people find equivalent careers everywhere in EU) but after spending 100k and wasting 2 years of my life on a useless degree I wouldn't be happy that much.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not just fake Covid Test report bruh but Fake IELTS, Degree, etc. as well. A large portion of those so called students pay a large sum and easily get a doctored IELTS test result as well (through some agents/consultancies).

It is a backend process where some agent from the BC/IDP manually alters the result (depending on the money paid) in accordance to the college/university expectation and the updated score will show up in the TRF later. There is a big racket run by some dudes from the IDP/BC partnering with many consultancies.

Recently, in the year 2020, the Niagara college of Canada busted this and found some students who can hardly say where they are from (in English) but have exceptional IELTS scores. Those 'so-called' students were then asked to re-write and many were supposedly deported with a ban after they were not even able to get a lower grade

My school friend's brother (father is a business magnate in Punjab, India) did the same and is now a PR (got it through the CEC draw when the cut off was around 380). The guy can hardly say about his hometown in English but is a Permanent Resident now.
One day when I got the chance to talk to him, I asked about this behavior and he said that 1000s of students (especially from the northern part of my country) easily get a doctored IELTS by paying a huge sum and flock off to Canada and this is very very normal. I then got fed up and disconnected the call.

I really feel bad that such defaulters bring a very bad reputation to India and to my of us who are immigrating professionally.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2018/12/08/400-students-in-india-told-to-retake-language-tests-after-niagara-college-flags-concerns.html
Wow, that is terrible. Thank you for enlightening me about the situation. It's fantastic that the college was about to find out about that, and I'm glad they got deported. I hope work continues to find those who aren't in Canada legally.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Kind of like Liberals.
By the time outland applicants get their PR, and then convert to citizens and gain the right to vote in Federal and Provincial elections, I can assure you that the combined effects of COVID's disruption to IRCC operations, and IRCC incompetence in certain aspects of processing applications, will be the furthest thing from their minds at that point in time.

All political parties have their faults, some more than others. But people mostly vote based on promises, manifestos, and issues that affect them in the short to medium term, and not based on some long held grudge from when they were trying to gain Permanent Residency to Canada in the first place.

singh@1234

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
After spending 100k CAD and 2 years for a useless degree, whereas in Germany you could do a joint program with an industrial partner, work as you study for free. School is free, you pay for life expenses which is needless to say far less than 100k CAD. Also your program in Germany is probably shorter than that in Canada -> less money spent for school.

No STEM job market in Canada is larger than EU job markets. Software might be slightly bigger in Canada (which I doubt, people find equivalent careers everywhere in EU) but after spending 100k and wasting 2 years of my life on a useless degree I wouldn't be happy that much.
it is growing, the software market is in the bloom.

Well, i don't have to leave the US if I can get a Canada PR. I can still take home US salary, and do border crossing every day.

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
It just says

"You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

Plus, I noticed another ghost update just now. Not sure still if it's just a glitch.
I just got a ghost update too. In my case, the medicals section changed from "Passed" to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes". I am assuming this an automatic update indicating it has expired, since it's been a year since I did my medicals.