+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thankfully it is being done at least now. We may see a real genuine students coming here to upskill rather than driving on car roof, playing loud music and irritating neighbors, mocking ppl for not speaking Hindi/Punjabi, college brawls (very common in Brampton), sword fights, 10 to 12 dudes in a basement, the shitty SOWP, and all these things will/shud gradually cease to exist
What will make talented students come to Canada? A handful of decent colleges can't do what Harvard, Stanford, etc have done. There's no economic engine bringing in talent and successfully retain it. If someone came to study well and graduates, what is Canada going to offer them? A graduate from Tier 2 college that worked as an intern on a product of mine got a $70k job offer while he's in their 3 year. Why would that dude not live off on $7k/yr COL save $50k while having access to a far better economy than Canada? The same person will grow to a $150k+ job in 5 years in India.

Most of the good folks I know, already make ~$200-300k/yr in India. We get job offers from EU, Canada most decline those lowballers. It is getting to a point where I see if it is a Canadian/EU company, not even worth talking to them.

Canada is at best a place for bunch of mediocres who cracked shit easy IELTS and now think they are the shit on policy making or these students. If someone is talented, they'll have to have a strong reason to move to Canada right now. Most of the time, talented people move because they no longer can live back home(e.g. lack of freedom) or delusional to buy a lifestyle that doesn't exist.

• Haha
Reactions: roy1947

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
What will make talented students come to Canada? A handful of decent colleges can't do what Harvard, Stanford, etc have done. There's no economic engine bringing in talent and successfully retain it. If someone came to study well and graduates, what is Canada going to offer them? A graduate from Tier 2 college that worked as an intern on a product of mine got a $70k job offer while he's in their 3 year. Why would that dude not live off on $7k/yr COL save $50k while having access to a far better economy than Canada? The same person will grow to a $150k+ job in 5 years in India.

Most of the good folks I know, already make ~$200-300k/yr in India. We get job offers from EU, Canada most decline those lowballers. It is getting to a point where I see if it is a Canadian/EU company, not even worth talking to them.

Canada is at best a place for bunch of mediocres who cracked shit easy IELTS and now think they are the shit on policy making or these students. If someone is talented, they'll have to have a strong reason to move to Canada right now. Most of the time, talented people move because they no longer can live back home(e.g. lack of freedom) or delusional to buy a lifestyle that doesn't exist.
Contrary to what you believe or read online, Canada is a fantastic place to obtain university education. Canadian universities are world class and they’ve been able to stay that way through public funding. University of Waterloo computer science graduates are known to be some of the best in the world and the institution itself, is known to supply Silicon Valley with the best talent. University of Alberta, Edmonton is world renowned for AI research and Google DeepMind had an AI research lab over there for years before it eventually got closed down. The research base and the strength of the institutions in Canada are light years ahead of India. Making a comparison to the US is silly and useless. Canada’s relatively, a very small country so it’s not going to have as many top tier institutions as the United States and almost all universities in Canada are public. Shitting on one of Canada’s greatest strengths is disingenuous since the role of universities is to provide a solid education and promote research. Retaining international students has nothing to do with the strength of the institutions involved but everything to do with a country’s economy and immigration policies. At the very least, if one wants to obtain a solid education at a university, Canada is one of the best places. They can leave after they’ve graduated which many do, including Americans, who study in Canada.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Contrary to what you believe or read online, Canada is a fantastic place to obtain university education. Canadian universities are world class and they’ve been able to stay that way through public funding. University of Waterloo computer science graduates are known to be some of the best in the world and the institution itself, is known to supply Silicon Valley with the best talent. University of Alberta, Edmonton is world renowned for AI research and Google DeepMind had an AI research lab over there for years before it eventually got closed down. The research base and the strength of the institutions in Canada are light years ahead of India. Making a comparison to the US is silly and useless. Canada’s relatively, a very small country so it’s not going to have as many top tier institutions as the United States and almost all universities in Canada are public. Shitting on one of Canada’s greatest strengths is disingenuous since the role of universities is to provide a solid education and promote research. Retaining international students has nothing to do with the strength of the institutions involved but everything to do with a country’s economy and immigration policies. At the very least, if one wants to obtain a solid education at a university, Canada is one of the best places. They can leave after they’ve graduated which many do, including Americans, who study in Canada.
Quality of education at the top universities is not an issue however when these people graduate, they are competing with Rakesh who has 10 years of experience and willing to work entry level for 60K

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Quality of education at the top universities is not an issue however when these people graduate, they are competing with Rakesh who has 10 years of experience and willing to work entry level for 60K
That’s besides the point. Universities are not concerned about what an international student does after graduation. Their primary purpose is to provide a solid education. Not every international student who studies in Canada wants to live over here. There are many students who come over here primarily for education and then they go back to their home countries. Despite the sudden influx of mediocre and garbage tier students from Punjab and other parts of India, into the private colleges of Canada, there are a lot of people from other countries who come to Canada just for the education provided. It’s the government’s responsibility to figure out whether they want to retain some of the graduates as immigrants.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I've been sold the same thing by in-house recruiters, I just don't see the same number of stars when I hire. Quite possibly that they leave for US. Retention of good students won't happen because Canada isn't the place for it - which is my original comment.

Give the economy, number of universities that are actually good (compared to the US) - it is a bad decision for someone actually talented to move there. Read through Blind and you will find the actual conversations where talent says how bad Canada is for them.

It is attracting who it can retain with very few exceptions.

• Haha
Reactions: roy1947

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Canada does not have a half way decent industry of any sort. That much is true. Real estate sucks away almost all the capital.

The problem with India is, it does not matter what you earn. Not at all. You live near Nariman point in your 100 Cr apartment but the moment you step out and go anywhere, you will face same issue that a $5K per year earning person does. The roads are broken, air is dirty, there are sinkholes and sidewalks do not exist or are covered with all sort of shit. So earning any big bucks in India is not really useful. Being rich in India is mostly worthless. Your quality of life is not going to go up no matter what you earn. Case in point : People living in Antilla have to face same shit issues. The day they celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi or it rains decently, no Ambani can get past them. Sure they can fly to a different city with a heliport from the roof top but even that has its limitations. So there is an optimum point of earning in India and that is actually really low. At 20-25 LPA, India itself becomes a limiting factor and no, you can not avoid India from seeping into whatever bubble you are building for yourself.

Thing with Canada is, you only need to mostly solve the money problem, rest is fixed. Atleast for me, that is much more workable problem. I do not need to fix an entire city's road and sewer lines to live decently. I can find ways to earn money, no matter where I live. I can not fix a country's road and schools and sewerlines and electric poles. And yes, it helps that guns are under control too.

Maria Odette

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-64-the-house/clip/16005659-would-cutting-back-international-students-help-canadas-housing

Wow. Based on his statements, the immigration minister is going to bring the hammer on all the diploma mill and shitty colleges in Canada. Seems like they’re going all in on this. He used the word punish. Wow! He even commented on the fact that they’re being used as cheap labour. You’re going to see a lot of Brampton colleges going bust after this and probably an exodus from Brampton.
We can expect a flurry of protests from international students demanding PR because they paid taxes on the minumum wage income they earned delivering food for UberEats.

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016
We can expect a flurry of protests from international students demanding PR because they paid taxes on the minumum wage income they earned delivering food for UberEats.
It shouldn't matter. PR is not a right but a privilege. Many foreign students / workers have to leave USA too (look at the recent layoffs and limited H-1B quotas). So they need to leave entitlement behind and face the reality of not getting a PR and leaving Canada. Also, Canada's deportation system and assessment of illegal refugees needs to be much more aggressive and faster than it is today.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
It shouldn't matter. PR is not a right but a privilege. Many foreign students / workers have to leave USA too (look at the recent layoffs and limited H-1B quotas). So they need to leave entitlement behind and face the reality of not getting a PR and leaving Canada. Also, Canada's deportation system and assessment of illegal refugees needs to be much more aggressive and faster than it is today.
PR is a right. My pader sold his farm in Punjab so I can attend the pretigious University of Cornestoga and Lambtons. I worked in Tim Horton's as Supervisor for 2 years paying so much tax for Canada and benefiting Canada with my leadership traits. Meanwhile, I have bought a 2nd hand BMW on 10% interest mortgage to show on Insta and TikTok. Let's email all the ministers and CBC news as well to shine a light on our plight. /s

Last edited:

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
And here I thought I was the only Canada bear on this forum after our friend left due to health issues.

I'm enjoying this slow crash. I've spoken to so many skilled and high earners on this forum and till this year, all their earnings could not keep up with the Realtors of the country. Imagine a top class engineer earning close to 500k an year and then we have shady as hell college diploma Realtors making MILLIONS in commission and fees with questionable IQ levels.

Canada is going to learn the hard way that engineers, MBAs, doctors and researchers is what generates organic wealth. I'm happy the folks on here will be comfortable despite this recession nonsense.
Meanwhile many Realtors are out there looking for jobs and driving uber eats coz it's over. Real Estate will be hated for the next few years if not decades.

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
No, I strongly disagree.
USA does not advertise its GC. Someone here said having a masters from USA has no bearing on your GC application.
Canadian government gives you extra points for having Canadian education and experience. These students are absolutely NOT entitled, the government is literally telling them come here, study, and you get more points for PR!
USA does not do that.
You guys are blaming the students because that's what everybody will do. It's easy to do so.
If you think Canadian public colleges and universities don't advertise the benefit of education in getting the PR in India, you should travel to India and talk to the agents there. Or just look at the crs score calculator.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I'm enjoying this slow crash. I've spoken to so many skilled and high earners on this forum and till this year, all their earnings could not keep up with the Realtors of the country. Imagine a top class engineer earning close to 500k an year and then we have shady as hell college diploma Realtors making MILLIONS in commission and fees with questionable IQ levels.
its not the first time man. In years leading up to 2008, everyone and their grandmother wanted to join an investment bank of sorts. Managing money was the biggest brag and used to open doors and legs. It probably still is but the fascination is more in ChatGPT these days. Totally random grads with degrees in weird majors used to become hotshot traders. They used to think that they were gods. 1-2 million dollar bonuses were not unheard of. Phds in astrophysics and what not used to develop "models" which did valuation of "exotic" products. Everyone was convinced that these creatures were from Atlantis and born with 4 or 5 dicks and they could do no wrong. People who did not understand a shit about how these "exotics" were "structured" and "valued" jumped to bet billions of dollars on them. Crazy time. And then it blew up. Royally. Florida is just now recovering from the price levels of houses seen back then.

Worst part? Everyone was convinced that nothing could go wrong. They still are. Here in Canada. Certainly we will have a reckoning.

Reactions: imransyed

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
PR is a right. My pader sold his farm in Punjab so I can attend the pretigious University of Cornestoga and Lambtons. I worked in Tim Horton's as Supervisor for 2 years paying so much tax for Canada and benefiting Canada with my leadership traits. Meanwhile, I have bought a 2nd hand BMW on 10% interest mortgage to show on Insta and TikTok. Let's email all the ministers and CBC news as well to shine a light on our plight. /s
I hate that excuse tbh. Why make your father get a loan and gamble their money on lifestyle? I understand multi-generational living and the benefits of it, but people should work to get their own funds instead of putting their entire family in debt.

I've lived across US, UK and EU - when people used to ask me where are you from, I used to say "India". People used to say how hard-working we really are and the vibe was always good. The image was built by hardworking folks who were above a threshold so the world only knew about hardworking Indian immigrants. The zero quality filter has destroyed this image now in Canada.

It is harder for me as an Indian to move to Punjab or Kerala and live there right now(I once tried!), compared to a Punjabi or Malyali to move to Canada. That's how low the threshold really is for someone to come to Canada.

Reactions: BA101

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
its not the first time man. In years leading up to 2008, everyone and their grandmother wanted to join an investment bank of sorts. Managing money was the biggest brag and used to open doors and legs. It probably still is but the fascination is more in ChatGPT these days. Totally random grads with degrees in weird majors used to become hotshot traders. They used to think that they were gods. 1-2 million dollar bonuses were not unheard of. Phds in astrophysics and what not used to develop "models" which did valuation of "exotic" products. Everyone was convinced that these creatures were from Atlantis and born with 4 or 5 dicks and they could do no wrong. People who did not understand a shit about how these "exotics" were "structured" and "valued" jumped to bet billions of dollars on them. Crazy time. And then it blew up. Royally. Florida is just now recovering from the price levels of houses seen back then.

Worst part? Everyone was convinced that nothing could go wrong. They still are. Here in Canada. Certainly we will have a reckoning.
Yes sir, I've been reading about the Tulip mania, the 1920s stock market and Kuwait's stock market. Already read and understood as much as I can about 2008 and dot com. It's all the same.

But this is my first time and so far I'm very impressed with the sheer absurdity of it all. I was too young to understand dotcom and 2008 as they were transpiring. Canada's real estate bubble is the first one I'm personally experiencing and it's so much more painful to experience than to just read and learn about.

I understand the fascination with LLMs and ChatGPT but if it bursts, so far I don't think it'll hurt the economy of a country like this everything bubble's burst will. Eventually it might, and round and round we will go.