+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
Hey guys,
Its a POST-ITA Questio
Question: Does the digital photograph submitted to OINP work for the ITA app as well or does it have different specifications?

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
iirc, you asked this question before. 481 has good chances with STEM given that the last draw did 486. However, paused draws do impact this, the extent of which is unpredictable.

While you are waiting, keep working on your CRS. You never know what ends up helping here.
Yep, really almost impossible to predict... Looks like STEM draw can happen next week or could not happen at all =(

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Yep, really almost impossible to predict... Looks like STEM draw can happen next week or could not happen at all =(
One thing is for sure, draws will happen this year or next. When that happens, you should be ready with a CRS that's competitive. This system rewards those that aren't short sighted and are willing to wait while working on their competitiveness.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
I doubt FAANG is as benevolent as you make it to be, sure you can make a request but I don't believe it would be approved, it all depends on your skillset and if it makes business sense, if you're an executive or one of those fellow or distinguished engineers for sure they'll fork out a GC, but if you're a common garden variety senior engineer, my guess is that you'll end up waiting like the rest of the pack.

- One more thing though, even IF a company sponsored you it is ultimately up to the US government to determine if you are worthy to get a GC. A $3T company like Apple cannot guarantee you a GC in the US, nor can it accelerate the process of getting one, which means you still have to fall in line with the other GC applicants no cutting in.

Spousal GC tends to be the fastest, they take about 14-18 mos. from start of application to GC.
Employment GC takes about 18-24mos from the day you start the PERM application, and assuming you paid the priority I-140.

I am ROW. I'm keeping my Canadian PR, and getting a Canadian citizenship first for the following reasons:

(1) I am NOT willing to take the risk of being forced to return to my home country. I don't like the idea of applying to the US, only declining at the very end because a company would only do an H1B or maybe hire me locally in Canada and transfer me over to the US via L1. The salary is immaterial at this point, even if they offer me something like 400K I'll still decline it, because the chance of being kicked out of the US would be very very real on a temporary VISA - just look at the number of people with H1Bs that got laid-off recently from big companies like Amazon and Facebook, I don't want to end up like those people struggling to find a sponsor in the short 60 day period.

(2) Getting a direct GC is very difficult even for ROW, statistically people who are outside the US has a 60% chance of being approved for a GC versus those who apply inside at 95% - assuming of course, all requirements are satisfied i.e. legal status, fraud checks, etc., that said most companies prefer going through an H1B or L1 route to bring people in. As described above, I'm not one of those executives, or someone with an extremely unique skillset that would warrant a direct GC sponsorship, so what would likely happen is that they'll keep me under temporary permit until a business case appears that would make sponsoring me for a GC worth it. I'm not being pessimistic, just realistic.
From the news I see, and stories I've heard, I feel that's how things are going to work, and as I previously said I will not go back to my home country.

(3) I want the Canadian passport, since being able to travel without stringent VISA requirements is something I'm looking forward to. It's not just about making money, it's about spending it too.

(4) I want my options, the US is known for less positive things like mass shootings, crime and even organized shoplifting (Walmart closed in Portland because a lot of people just come in, get stuff and get out without paying), being able to just drive north and settle there is always welcome. It's unquestionable that the US makes more money and has better careers, the same way it's unquestionable that Canada is more peaceful and has less crime.

So I'll go south and try to make $$$, and try to settle there, then if there are too many bullets going over my head OR I fail to get a GC, I'll just drive up north - hopefully I'll have enough money for a home downpayment when that happens though.
I get what you mean. I’m basically planning on doing the same. Double taxation sucks, but I like having options. 1 year and a half and I can apply for citizenship and will probably get US GC through family next year. My goal will be to get both, even if I have to come here for 3-4 month vacations to finish the 3 year requirement. Healthcare is shitty here, but at least in case of emergencies it can be good. I had a pleural effusion while I was in Brazil and was unemployed. Had to stay in the hospital for 1 month and paid nothing. If I was in the US with the same situation, I would have a million $ debt and I doubt I would make it 2 Brazil on a 16 hr flight the way I was.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
I get what you mean. I’m basically planning on doing the same. Double taxation sucks, but I like having options. 1 year and a half and I can apply for citizenship and will probably get US GC through family next year. My goal will be to get both, even if I have to come here for 3-4 month vacations to finish the 3 year requirement. Healthcare is shitty here, but at least in case of emergencies it can be good. I had a pleural effusion while I was in Brazil and was unemployed. Had to stay in the hospital for 1 month and paid nothing. If I was in the US with the same situation, I would have a million $ debt and I doubt I would make it 2 Brazil on a 16 hr flight the way I was.
You're lucky to have someone to sponsor you to the US. As for healthcare, probably not millions unless you don't have any kind of health insurance, but my guess is that if you go for the premium ones (the $1000+/mo. one), you could've gotten away with the procedure for a few thousand dollars.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
I was unemployed at the time, between jobs so no insurance. That’s why I said in similar situations in the US. You kinda never think it will happen, until it does and you’re life is over lol. Even with insurance though, it would be hella expensive.
You're lucky to have someone to sponsor you to the US. As for healthcare, probably not millions unless you don't have any kind of health insurance, but my guess is that if you go for the premium ones (the $1000+/mo. one), you could've gotten away with the procedure for a few thousand dollars.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I doubt FAANG is as benevolent as you make it to be, sure you can make a request but I don't believe it would be approved, it all depends on your skillset and if makes business sense, if you're an executive or one of those fellow or distinguished engineers for sure they'll fork out a GC, but if you're a common garden variety senior engineer, my guess is that you'll end waiting like the rest of the pack.

Spousal GC tends to be the fastest, they take about 14-18th mos. from start of application to GC.
Microsoft has a policy of applying GC on day 1. My employer (a FAANG company) also has that policy. But there are multiple companies and I can not say for sure for all of them.

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
One thing is for sure, draws will happen this year or next. When that happens, you should be ready with a CRS that's competitive. This system rewards those that aren't short sighted and are willing to wait while working on their competitiveness.
Previously 481 was really competitive, but now even 481 in STEM could not be a guaranty... But yeah, I agree and working on additional points.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Previously 481 was really competitive, but now even 481 in STEM could not be a guaranty... But yeah, I agree and working on additional points.
Cos everyone is applying for Canada. They have now realized 3 years until citizenship is better than most countries.

If you go on YouTube, even high skilled immigrants from Europe are moving to canada cos the pay is better and more opportunities (Lol) and it won't take a decade to get thr passport

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
The pool distribution has changed a lot since July 5 STEM draw...

This is the pool distribution from August 15
CRS score rangeNumber of candidates
601-1200984
501-6002,172
451-50055,924
491-5002,709
481-4906,721
471-48019,351

And this is the pool distribution from July 4
601-1200353
501-600726
451-50054,732
491-500831
481-4904,719
471-48020,475

They've cleared out most 501-600 on the August 15 draw but, there is still more than before, and 491-500 has tripled.
I don't know how many of those new applicants are STEM, but I don't think that with 500 invitations it'll go down to 486 again.
We deserve an entire draw of 4300 invitations for stem :p

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
The pool distribution has changed a lot since July 5 STEM draw...

This is the pool distribution from August 15
601-1200984
501-6002,172
451-50055,924
491-5002,709
481-4906,721
471-48019,351

And this is the pool distribution from July 4
601-1200353
501-600726
451-50054,732
491-500831
481-4904,719
471-48020,475

They've cleared out most 501-600 on the August 15 draw but, there is still more than before, and 491-500 has tripled.
I don't know how many of those new applicants are STEM, but I don't think that with 500 invitations it'll go down to 486 again.
We deserve an entire draw of 4300 invitations for stem :p
I think I've seen you around these forums since 2020. I hope you get it soon

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
I think I've seen you around these forums since 2020. I hope you get it soon
I got invitations for Ontario and Quebec already... I'm waiting a while to see what happens.
Got a few points with French, and retook the IELTS, and now sitting at 483, I think that if there is a STEM draw with 1500-2000 invitations I should be chosen, but to be honest, I'm tired of the waiting.

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-64-the-house/clip/16005659-would-cutting-back-international-students-help-canadas-housing

Wow. Based on his statements, the immigration minister is going to bring the hammer on all the diploma mill and shitty colleges in Canada. Seems like they’re going all in on this. He used the word punish. Wow! He even commented on the fact that they’re being used as cheap labour. You’re going to see a lot of Brampton colleges going bust after this and probably an exodus from Brampton.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Microsoft has a policy of applying GC on day 1. My employer (a FAANG company) also has that policy. But there are multiple companies and I can not say for sure for all of them.
That's good to hear. At least if you're ROW, you can be confident there's at least one company where you can get a GC in 18-24mos. after you started working in the US - though it's still worrying what happens in that 18-24mo. period, you could get laid off or something, and that's still way too risky for me. I'll just wait for the Citizenship, I can live the next 2-3 years with a lower salary at the moment in exchange for peace of mind.

Reactions: ivicts

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-64-the-house/clip/16005659-would-cutting-back-international-students-help-canadas-housing

Wow. Based on his statements, the immigration minister is going to bring the hammer on all the diploma mill and shitty colleges in Canada. Seems like they’re going all in on this. He used the word punish. Wow! He even commented on the fact that they’re being used as cheap labour. You’re going to see a lot of Brampton colleges going bust after this and probably an exodus from Brampton.
Thankfully it is being done at least now. We may see a real genuine students coming here to upskill rather than shouting slogans on car roof while driving, playing loud music and irritating neighbors, attaching stickers on cars representing guns, mocking ppl for not speaking Hindi/Punjabi, college brawls (very common in Brampton), sword fights, 10 to 12 dudes in a basement, the shitty SOWP, and all these things will/shud gradually cease to exist

Last edited: