+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I would be very cautious about interpreting your investment account as your settlement fund since that money is not liquid enough for you to basically withdraw for the settlement purpose. If you have regular saving/checking account, you may consider just use that if the 6-month average is above the single applicant settlement threshold.
Investment funds are perfectly acceptable PoF.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Please can anyone help with this. Single outland FSW applicant with AOR date - April 28, 2023. I just got an ADR for updated proof of funds. The letter says "please provide an updated proof of funds. You must get an official letter from your bank or Financial institution. Please state the average balance for the past six months and a written explanation for the source of funds. Also please declare if you have any debts or loans"

I don't know why they're asking so soon but I have the funds untouched in an investment account. USD10,220 (when I submitted in March it was 9,952 but it's grown due to interests) I've had it since March 2022, and so getting a new letter from the bank is easy as the funds are still there. My challenge is with the explain the source of funds part. This money is literally my life savings, money I've saved over the years that I've been earning an income (15 years). Is it OK if I state this as the source of the funds? Or do I have to get someone to give me a gift deed and submit that instead? I have been unemployed since January 2023, maybe that's why they're asking for the source of this funds. My regular bank account has had no reasonable or steady inflow since I lost my job so I can't submit that either.
PS: I was unemployed for about 3months in 2021 also and I have no debts. The funds are not in a regular bank but a financial institution (investment house fully licensed and regulated by the authorities in my country
Just get them the proof of funds as requested on official letter head of the finance house. State your source of funds (same as you have done here). Provide proof of earnings showing how you gathered the funds, and when you started the investment and how it's grown over the past year. The money has been sitting in that investment for over a year, so that works in your favour.

Reactions: travelista and Yodm

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have a savings/checking account, and this investment account is liquid. the letter from the institution states so and that it can be withdrawn at any time. But do you suggest I do a gift deed instead? My sister is willing to give me the money for the gift. WIll it create further complications if I suddenly present another POF?
Don't do this. Stick with the PoF you already provided. I don't see any reason for you to be anxious since you have proof of how you gathered the money to put into an investment account.

Last edited:

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
hello, I got ADR and the IRCC document is in XFA format, can I just convert it to the usual pdf when submitting it?

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
is it risky to go back after 2 yoe in canada, I can get 3 yoe in canada under PGWP. Currently holding a bachelor degree from a canadian university (no post grad)

I hold pgwp and soon will have 2 yoe in Canada for noc 21230, under current system its better to have 2yoe in canada + 1yoe abroad rather than 3 yoe in canada (maxing PGWP). The system will give you an extra 30 points plus also a bit of a leeway for me to try stuff back home. But given numerous public policies, its probably better to stay.

Last edited:

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I guess, a good step!

1. Getting extremely talented folks to Canada. That sounds like a good step. Right now, through EE, Canada imports very less talent(maybe 10-25% is even skilled). If they actually bring good folks, it has a huge potential for Canada.
2. Digital nomads bring business. Inviting them brings a lot more cash than a tax payer. Successful digital nomad programs create a thriving community too, brings network effects (mentoring, talent nurturing, ...), etc.

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/06/new-measure-to-benefit-foreign-workers-looking-to-improve-their-skills.html?fbclid=IwAR2JAvgyuTfj7Aa47R5dOHdg3D4T4Wzdjzm_YSfCZ7cGLXziAEVIHuczfEg&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

so, if they loosen up a lot of restrictions on TRV, then TRV will be more and more similar to PR?
Will this cheapen the value of PR?
Also, a measure like this will only drive CRS inflation and will not make it easier to transition to PR right?
Crs inflation is mostly due to backlog and pgwp public policy I think.

It doesn't make any sense for PGWP holder to enroll in schooling as you won't get much points especially when compared to getting an actual job

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Draw - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #251– June 27, 2023

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

No Program Specified

Number of invitations issued:
4,300Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 4,300 or above

Date and time of round: June 27, 2023 15:37:46 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 486

Tie-breaking rule: June 21, 2023 00:57:04 UTC