Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
TH also have strata fee. Thats why I chose a duplex. But... remember one thing. The Strata fee covers a lot of structural testing and maintenance. They use the strata fee to feed into a strata account. A number of times, the entire building is repaired without a special levy.
Yea, I know. But its not as ridiculous as Condos.

May 30, 2023
Got my passport and moved to the usa on TN. Will probably come back to canada close to retirement age and enjoy the peaceful suburbia. It's a no brainer for IT folks.
Glad that it worked out for you. One big disadvantage of TN visa I found is that the spouse can't work, and they'll also have to apply for a TN visa separately. That might be a problem if their occupation isn't eligible for a TN visa. I don't know how easy/difficult it is to get an L1 for them instead and if that creates problems for your TN visa in the future.

Also, for folks who bought a home here in Canada, did you sell it, or rent it out when you moved to the States?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi,

Due to sponsor issues, my company could not provide me employment Visa. So i had to work there in visit visa UAE for almost one year. But my license was attached to the same pharmacy throughout.

Is it safe to mention this experience to OINP? And ircc? Since employment visa was not provided will that be an issue.?

Please advice
I think as long as you were working legally, you shouldn't have a problem. IRCC cares about legitimately obtained and factual work experience, and not about your visa status in another country...

Canjour90

Star Member
May 17, 2023
Grey area.

But.. Because you were not illegally inside UAE neither did you over stay, I can with some confidence say it won't be an issue.

I'd reckon if you've left the job or the uae or are still in the uae with another company and proper sponsorship, it shouldn't matter.
IRCC verifies employment but likely not the visa or residency status unless you were there illegally and were detained, reported or deported.
Its nearly impossible to verify the previous residency status of an expat if the expat has left the country already or has switched jobs within the same country.

Again, grey area, this is my personal opinion and not legal advice but I know people who have done that without trouble.
You should have strong documents to prove your employment though, like reference letters and pay stubs or account statements.

Edit: have you given some thoughts to how will you be arranging a pcc from uae?
What's your current status in uae?
Thanks for the reply.

Now i am working in another company in UAE having employment visa for last one and half years.
As supporting documents i have reference letter, pay slips of last three months and DHA License with that company . But the only issue is worked in Visit Visa.
I am preparing documents to submit OINP HCP.

Last edited:

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Thanks for the reply.

Now i am working in another company in UAE having employment visa for last one and half years.
As supporting documents i have reference letter, pay slips of last three months and DHA License with that company . But the only issue is worked in Visit Visa.
I am preparing documents to submit OINP HCP.
Should be good, UAE PCC will also not be an issue.

Good luck.

Reactions: Canjour90

travelista

Jun 14, 2023
Please can anyone help with this. Single outland FSW applicant with AOR date - April 28, 2023. I just got an ADR for updated proof of funds. The letter says "please provide an updated proof of funds. You must get an official letter from your bank or Financial institution. Please state the average balance for the past six months and a written explanation for the source of funds. Also please declare if you have any debts or loans"

I don't know why they're asking so soon but I have the funds untouched in an investment account. USD10,220 (when I submitted in March it was 9,952 but it's grown due to interests) I've had it since March 2022, and so getting a new letter from the bank is easy as the funds are still there. My challenge is with the explain the source of funds part. This money is literally my life savings, money I've saved over the years that I've been earning an income (15 years). Is it OK if I state this as the source of the funds? Or do I have to get someone to give me a gift deed and submit that instead? I have been unemployed since January 2023, maybe that's why they're asking for the source of this funds. My regular bank account has had no reasonable or steady inflow since I lost my job so I can't submit that either.
PS: I was unemployed for about 3months in 2021 also and I have no debts. The funds are not in a regular bank but a financial institution (investment house fully licensed and regulated by the authorities in my country

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Looks like spending 3 years in Canada (under any open work permit) worth less than spending 2 yoe in Canada and 1 yoe abroad. As an ex student who have no prior experience before coming here, I'm very tempted to go back to home for a year. That assumes I'm unable to get any PNPs or LMIAs and I won't lose any points due to age

The point boost is 38 which is massive. I don't think the intended side effect is for applicant to go back and forth. They probably have had this in place before CRS went sky high. But with CRS in 480s-490s region, this might be a good way to get your PR.

Last edited:

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
Please can anyone help with this. Single outland FSW applicant with AOR date - April 28, 2023. I just got an ADR for updated proof of funds. The letter says "please provide an updated proof of funds. You must get an official letter from your bank or Financial institution. Please state the average balance for the past six months and a written explanation for the source of funds. Also please declare if you have any debts or loans"

I don't know why they're asking so soon but I have the funds untouched in an investment account. USD10,220 (when I submitted in March it was 9,952 but it's grown due to interests) I've had it since March 2022, and so getting a new letter from the bank is easy as the funds are still there. My challenge is with the explain the source of funds part. This money is literally my life savings, money I've saved over the years that I've been earning an income (15 years). Is it OK if I state this as the source of the funds? Or do I have to get someone to give me a gift deed and submit that instead? I have been unemployed since January 2023, maybe that's why they're asking for the source of this funds. My regular bank account has had no reasonable or steady inflow since I lost my job so I can't submit that either.
PS: I was unemployed for about 3months in 2021 also and I have no debts. The funds are not in a regular bank but a financial institution (investment house fully licensed and regulated by the authorities in my country
Only thing I could think of is that Currently, 9952 USD = 13,223.82 CAD and the minimum required is $13,757 CAD. You should definitely update your POF otherwise you risk being rejected for not meeting MEC

If its been sitting in an account for more than 6 months and the statements show that, they don't care where the money came from in the past.

perseus_r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
Category........
FSW

I would be very cautious about interpreting your investment account as your settlement fund since that money is not liquid enough for you to basically withdraw for the settlement purpose. If you have regular saving/checking account, you may consider just use that if the 6-month average is above the single applicant settlement threshold.

travelista

Jun 14, 2023
Only thing I could think of is that Currently, 9952 USD = 13,223.82 CAD and the minimum required is $13,757 CAD. You should definitely update your POF otherwise you risk being rejected for not meeting MEC

If its been sitting in an account for more than 6 months and the statements show that, they don't care where the money came from in the past.
The fund has now grown to 10,401.52 dollars. That covers the requirement. But the ADR specifically says "provide a written explanation for the source of funds". *phew

travelista

Jun 14, 2023
I would be very cautious about interpreting your investment account as your settlement fund since that money is not liquid enough for you to basically withdraw for the settlement purpose. If you have regular saving/checking account, you may consider just use that if the 6-month average is above the single applicant settlement threshold.
Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have a savings/checking account, and this investment account is liquid. the letter from the institution states so and that it can be withdrawn at any time. But do you suggest I do a gift deed instead? My sister is willing to give me the money for the gift. WIll it create further complications if I suddenly present another POF?

perseus_r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have a savings/checking account, and this investment account is liquid. the letter from the institution states so and that it can be withdrawn at any time. But do you suggest I do a gift deed instead? My sister is willing to give me the money for the gift. WIll it create further complications if I suddenly present another POF?
Sorry I won't be able to provide further input. But the bottom line is as long as you can convince IRCC that the fund is 1. liquid enough, 2. sufficient for a single applicant to settle, 3. the 6-month average is above the threshold, 4. the financial institution issues the document under its official letterhead, and 5. you state you do not have outstanding debt or loan.

Reactions: travelista

perseus_r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
Hi All,

Facing a challenge:

So the challenge is that I got the work ex reference letter from the employer but they are not giving detailed job description. Just a broad overview.

My coworker has given the letter with a detailed job description but I cannot get an email from the employer saying they don't give a letter.

Can anyone suggest what to do in this case?
By any chance, did you save a copy of the job description when you applied for that job? or if the same title job is still posted on your employer's website, you can save a copy of it (w/ URL) and use that to detail all the responsibilities and duties.

perseus_r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
Thanks for the response. Appreciate it.

Yes, I do have a job posting copy but even in that they broadly defined it. During the job itself new roles and responsibilities kept getting added, so only a coworker or supervisor knows all details.

I am thinking to provide only the relieving letter and the coworker reference letter. What do you suggest?

I mean what can I do if the company doesn't want to elaborate on the job duties. Not every company would be fine with it I think.
Per IRCC Completeness Check Manual (Applications for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check - Canada.ca ),

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
I imagine your immediate supervisor (if he/she is willing to do so) could sign off a letter to detail your duties and responsibilities, and IRCC could take it per the manual.

perseus_r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
They cannot do it on a company letterhead only via company email he/she can send an email but not on company letterhead
As you can see from the manual, the document requires both the official letter head and someone who they defined has the authority to sign off. This is not an "either or" situation. I think, if IRCC is 100% following the manual - which they should be, you will need to make sure the document satisfies this.