+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

travelista

Jun 14, 2023
I would be very cautious about interpreting your investment account as your settlement fund since that money is not liquid enough for you to basically withdraw for the settlement purpose. If you have regular saving/checking account, you may consider just use that if the 6-month average is above the single applicant settlement threshold.
Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have a savings/checking account, and this investment account is liquid. the letter from the institution states so and that it can be withdrawn at any time. But do you suggest I do a gift deed instead? My sister is willing to give me the money for the gift. WIll it create further complications if I suddenly present another POF?

perseus_r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
Thanks. Unfortunately I don't have a savings/checking account, and this investment account is liquid. the letter from the institution states so and that it can be withdrawn at any time. But do you suggest I do a gift deed instead? My sister is willing to give me the money for the gift. WIll it create further complications if I suddenly present another POF?
Sorry I won't be able to provide further input. But the bottom line is as long as you can convince IRCC that the fund is 1. liquid enough, 2. sufficient for a single applicant to settle, 3. the 6-month average is above the threshold, 4. the financial institution issues the document under its official letterhead, and 5. you state you do not have outstanding debt or loan.

Reactions: travelista

perseus_r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
Hi All,

Facing a challenge:

So the challenge is that I got the work ex reference letter from the employer but they are not giving detailed job description. Just a broad overview.

My coworker has given the letter with a detailed job description but I cannot get an email from the employer saying they don't give a letter.

Can anyone suggest what to do in this case?
By any chance, did you save a copy of the job description when you applied for that job? or if the same title job is still posted on your employer's website, you can save a copy of it (w/ URL) and use that to detail all the responsibilities and duties.

perseus_r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
Thanks for the response. Appreciate it.

Yes, I do have a job posting copy but even in that they broadly defined it. During the job itself new roles and responsibilities kept getting added, so only a coworker or supervisor knows all details.

I am thinking to provide only the relieving letter and the coworker reference letter. What do you suggest?

I mean what can I do if the company doesn't want to elaborate on the job duties. Not every company would be fine with it I think.
Per IRCC Completeness Check Manual (Applications for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check - Canada.ca ),

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
I imagine your immediate supervisor (if he/she is willing to do so) could sign off a letter to detail your duties and responsibilities, and IRCC could take it per the manual.

perseus_r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
They cannot do it on a company letterhead only via company email he/she can send an email but not on company letterhead
As you can see from the manual, the document requires both the official letter head and someone who they defined has the authority to sign off. This is not an "either or" situation. I think, if IRCC is 100% following the manual - which they should be, you will need to make sure the document satisfies this.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I would be very cautious about interpreting your investment account as your settlement fund since that money is not liquid enough for you to basically withdraw for the settlement purpose. If you have regular saving/checking account, you may consider just use that if the 6-month average is above the single applicant settlement threshold.
Investment funds are perfectly acceptable PoF.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Please can anyone help with this. Single outland FSW applicant with AOR date - April 28, 2023. I just got an ADR for updated proof of funds. The letter says "please provide an updated proof of funds. You must get an official letter from your bank or Financial institution. Please state the average balance for the past six months and a written explanation for the source of funds. Also please declare if you have any debts or loans"

I don't know why they're asking so soon but I have the funds untouched in an investment account. USD10,220 (when I submitted in March it was 9,952 but it's grown due to interests) I've had it since March 2022, and so getting a new letter from the bank is easy as the funds are still there. My challenge is with the explain the source of funds part. This money is literally my life savings, money I've saved over the years that I've been earning an income (15 years). Is it OK if I state this as the source of the funds? Or do I have to get someone to give me a gift deed and submit that instead? I have been unemployed since January 2023, maybe that's why they're asking for the source of this funds. My regular bank account has had no reasonable or steady inflow since I lost my job so I can't submit that either.
PS: I was unemployed for about 3months in 2021 also and I have no debts. The funds are not in a regular bank but a financial institution (investment house fully licensed and regulated by the authorities in my country
Just get them the proof of funds as requested on official letter head of the finance house. State your source of funds (same as you have done here). Provide proof of earnings showing how you gathered the funds, and when you started the investment and how it's grown over the past year. The money has been sitting in that investment for over a year, so that works in your favour.

Reactions: travelista and Yodm

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Don't do this. Stick with the PoF you already provided. I don't see any reason for you to be anxious since you have proof of how you gathered the money to put into an investment account.

Last edited:

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
hello, I got ADR and the IRCC document is in XFA format, can I just convert it to the usual pdf when submitting it?

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
is it risky to go back after 2 yoe in canada, I can get 3 yoe in canada under PGWP. Currently holding a bachelor degree from a canadian university (no post grad)

I hold pgwp and soon will have 2 yoe in Canada for noc 21230, under current system its better to have 2yoe in canada + 1yoe abroad rather than 3 yoe in canada (maxing PGWP). The system will give you an extra 30 points plus also a bit of a leeway for me to try stuff back home. But given numerous public policies, its probably better to stay.

Last edited: