+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Jazkh

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
How come buddy? I was under the impression that with the right qualifications, you can do well in Canada, no?

Reactions: RSub

Rach WLT

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2022
Hi I’m diagnosed with grave disease. Do I still need to declared it as yes under statutory question of have you ever suffered any serious disease?

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Here is a Punjabi Architect who working in Dubai on large scale projects but fails to understand why she can not use even her professional title in Canada. Either excel a job before heading here or best go for internal transfer. Even better, get a life and visit Canada as a tourist and enquire about job market and regulations. But nooooooo! They will like to save pennies and jump head first. In process loose pounds.

Why are our people so stupid!!! If we people could just LOOK before jumping, it will

1. Lower CRS a lot, allowing others a chance too
2. Save money
3. FORCE Canadian government to fix problems
4. Save time.
5. Remove leeches like middle men in the system

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/first-person-degree-was-worthless-in-canada-1.6772923

[/QUOTE]

I read this article too and at first I sympathized with her situation but then I read that she was coming into a regulated profession.

Nonetheless, even if she had done her research, it wouldve been incredibly tough and humiliating for her to stay even if she'd have to go back to school or get the BEFA thing done. I can understand her perspective because I come from that region too and man I am fighting off depression every day just to stay here lol

Salary in UAE is amazingly high, savings is a possibility and you get to live in your own place without sharing it with multiple people/families.
Canada is doing the same shit UAE is known for: labor exploitation (but not to a level of human rights abuse, although not that far from it) except here it is dressed up as international students and renters paying skyhigh rents, insurance and working minimum wage and what not.

At least housing is, relative to paycheque, affordable there and not a distant dream for people who live in that region like it is here. Proximity to asia means good climate, good amount of competition in businesses unlike the Oligarchies of Canada, and yeah just a generally easier lifestyle.

In fact, going back to UAE must've been an extremely difficult decision for them. I can understand that because I am on the verge of deciding something similar and I have a job in my field and above median pay. We Indians are not known for going against the cultural value, the "what will people say" mentality is strong and her breaking that barrier to live for herself is a small victory for us.

The videos on youtube, the information out there, it really does not convey the reality of the situation here. Even people who could've warned people before coming here, LIE to save their own face. But not knowing you are coming into a regulated profession is just DUMB. :Do_O

But this is what will happen now, people, highly skilled people, who have good job opportunities outside Canada, will not come here anymore to drive Ubers. The cat is getting out of the bag slowly and unless Canada fixes its housing, only students/people whose other option would be to Donkey (illegal immigration) across the world will be coming here. It will get worse and worse and in the long run, even for these Oligarchs it will get worse because people from that economic class do not spend, they work for cash and evade taxes as much as possible.

How I wish all the potential immigrants were made to read this thread before submitting their applications. Maybe grant them readers 1 or 2 CRS points for that and you will see the numbers dwindle. :p

I am actively advising people to not come. I am actively pursuing my brother who is an international student here to finish his course and go back home. For the first time, he is actively listening lol

Rant over and not applicable to IT folks.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi I’m diagnosed with grave disease. Do I still need to declared it as yes under statutory question of have you ever suffered any serious disease?
There is no definition of serious disease in this law. What is serious disease? Devil only knows and it can be challenged in court of law. You will have to look at its implications based on previous decisions. Ask some lawyer. BTW, if you select it as yes, you are going to get a PFL. Its not end of the world but answering PFL is hard and best done by a lawyer.

Basically, Canada does not want a person with a serious disease but they are too prude to define what is serious. They think it is common sense -- which is ... really not so common.

BTW, do tell panel Dr about it. I think they will ask under "immune diseases". Graves is an auto immune disease.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rach WLT

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I read this article too and at first I sympathized with her situation but then I read that she was coming into a regulated profession.

Nonetheless, even if she had done her research, it wouldve been incredibly tough and humiliating for her to stay even if she'd have to go back to school or get the BEFA thing done. I can understand her perspective because I come from that region too and man I am fighting off depression every day just to stay here lol

How I wish all the potential immigrants were made to read this thread before submitting their applications. Maybe grant them readers 1 or 2 CRS points for that and you will see the numbers dwindle. :p
She also writes:
>but then doesn't seem to do anything to stop qualified professionals from being treated with disdain.

This self-vicitimization is bad. No one is stopping her from getting regulated.

Btw, the newcomer welcome programs for PRs specifically talk about these regulated professionals and ask us to check what we need before arrival to get a role in our fields.

I am actively advising people to not come. I am actively pursuing my brother who is an international student here to finish his course and go back home. For the first time, he is actively listening lol
But there's another side to Canada that most don't look into. I talk to a lot of private equity folks, VCs, etc - there's a demand for creators. There's a lot of money and a lot less number of people to help Canadian economy grow based on this private equity surplus. Sure, there are a lot of idea folks who "wants to build the next Facebook", but very little number of IPO or $100mm+ scale capable people.

If your brother can create something, Canada with it's insane PE flow can be the perfect place. I've friends who landed in 2021 and are making $500k+ through businesses and side hustles. After all the future is solopreneurship.

But this is what will happen now, people, highly skilled people, who have good job opportunities outside Canada, will not come here anymore to drive Ubers.
It is arguable how talented PhDs really are as academicians are often not talented. I think the biggest problem with Canada is that they've been attracting the mediocre class of the world so far. The culture seems very laid back which feels iffy for anyone talented to work with (slow growth == low comp growth).

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
She also writes:
>but then doesn't seem to do anything to stop qualified professionals from being treated with disdain.

This self-vicitimization is bad. No one is stopping her from getting regulated.

Btw, the newcomer welcome programs for PRs specifically talk about these regulated professionals and ask us to check what we need before arrival to get a role in our fields.

But there's another side to Canada that most don't look into. I talk to a lot of private equity folks, VCs, etc - there's a demand for creators. There's a lot of money and a lot less number of people to help Canadian economy grow based on this private equity surplus. Sure, there are a lot of idea folks who "wants to build the next Facebook", but very little number of IPO or $100mm+ scale capable people.

If your brother can create something, Canada with it's insane PE flow can be the perfect place. I've friends who landed in 2021 and are making $500k+ through businesses and side hustles. After all the future is solopreneurship.

It is arguable how talented PhDs really are as academicians are often not talented. I think the biggest problem with Canada is that they've been attracting the mediocre class of the world so far. The culture seems very laid back which feels iffy for anyone talented to work with (slow growth == low comp growth).
I generally agree with her experience that she writes about except the fact that she did not know her profession is regulated here and that she'll have to take a hit pay and career wise.

PM-ing you about more information on those solepreneurship thing. Me (and brother) are very new to all this and I'd like to hear more positive/good ideas because so far I've only heard the bad.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018

Salary in UAE is amazingly high, savings is a possibility and you get to live in your own place without sharing it with multiple people/families.
Canada is doing the same shit UAE is known for: labor exploitation (but not to a level of human rights abuse, although not that far from it) except here it is dressed up as international students and renters paying skyhigh rents, insurance and working minimum wage and what not.

At least housing is, relative to paycheque, affordable there and not a distant dream for people who live in that region like it is here. Proximity to asia means good climate, good amount of competition in businesses unlike the Oligarchies of Canada, and yeah just a generally easier lifestyle.

In fact, going back to UAE must've been an extremely difficult decision for them. I can understand that because I am on the verge of deciding something similar and I have a job in my field and above median pay. We Indians are not known for going against the cultural value, the "what will people say" mentality is strong and her breaking that barrier to live for herself is a small victory for us.

The videos on youtube, the information out there, it really does not convey the reality of the situation here. Even people who could've warned people before coming here, LIE to save their own face. But not knowing you are coming into a regulated profession is just DUMB. :Do_O

But this is what will happen now, people, highly skilled people, who have good job opportunities outside Canada, will not come here anymore to drive Ubers. The cat is getting out of the bag slowly and unless Canada fixes its housing, only students/people whose other option would be to Donkey (illegal immigration) across the world will be coming here. It will get worse and worse and in the long run, even for these Oligarchs it will get worse because people from that economic class do not spend, they work for cash and evade taxes as much as possible.

Rant over and not applicable to IT folks.
Good for her. I would have gone back too if I was only offered 15 cad per hr and asked to get re-licensed in my profession.

Reactions: imransyed

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Good for her. I would have gone back too if I was only offered 15 cad per hr and asked to get re-licensed in my profession.
Architecture is a regulated profession. Just like Doctors. I don't how she could be that unaware about it. Middle-eastern, Indian, etc architectural requirements are very different from what you see in US, EU. Middle-East also allows Dentists, Doctors from India to carry out license-exempt work too, doesn't mean Doctors from India can practice in Canada without bridging.

It is very very weird to not know this. I mean, did she never even Googled "how to become an architect as a foriegner in canada". Literally, the FAQ snippet says:

###############
Information you need to know to work as an Architect
1. Hold a degree in Architecture.
2. Assess your competence against the Canadian Standards of Practice.
3. Have practiced for at least seven of the past ten years in a foreign jurisdiction.
4. Achieve Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB) certification.
################

I guess, we should start blaming IRCC for not teaching her "Google 101". :D

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Architecture is a regulated profession. Just like Doctors. I don't how she could be that unaware about it. Middle-eastern, Indian, etc architectural requirements are very different from what you see in US, EU. Middle-East also allows Dentists, Doctors from India to carry out license-exempt work too, doesn't mean Doctors from India can practice in Canada without bridging.

It is very very weird to not know this. I mean, did she never even Googled "how to become an architect as a foriegner in canada". Literally, the FAQ snippet says:

###############
Information you need to know to work as an Architect
1. Hold a degree in Architecture.
2. Assess your competence against the Canadian Standards of Practice.
3. Have practiced for at least seven of the past ten years in a foreign jurisdiction.
4. Achieve Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB) certification.
################

I guess, we should start blaming IRCC for not teaching her "Google 101". :D
This is seeping into other areas as well. Apparently PEO has sent letters asking some software engineers to remove engineer from their title. Scumbags. No wonder people jump to usa at the first opportunity.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Reactions: DesiPikachu

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

Look, anyone who has EVER tried to raise capital in India knows how STUPIDLY hard it is to do it. North America, however is sloshing with capital. Literally. So yeah, if you want to setup a business, nowhere is better than north america. Expect perhaps for China but... you don't start business in China, China starts business in YOU!

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
This is seeping into other areas as well. Apparently PEO has sent letters asking some software engineers to remove engineer from their title. Scumbags. No wonder people jump to usa at the first opportunity.
There is a simple way out... Use technologist in title. Or developer. Or simply Dev. No one in Software line gives two shits about titles. I had the title Managing Director when I worked in banking sector... I never managed nor directed anything. It was just a way to make sure bank pays me my salary at that scale. Thats it.

EGBC want to keep engineer? Let them shove engineer in their arse.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.