Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Architecture is a regulated profession. Just like Doctors. I don't how she could be that unaware about it. Middle-eastern, Indian, etc architectural requirements are very different from what you see in US, EU. Middle-East also allows Dentists, Doctors from India to carry out license-exempt work too, doesn't mean Doctors from India can practice in Canada without bridging.

It is very very weird to not know this. I mean, did she never even Googled "how to become an architect as a foriegner in canada". Literally, the FAQ snippet says:
Its a Punjabi / Gujju thing. They will do anything their neighbour does. If neighbour is sending his kid to swimming, they will send the kid to swimming. Neighbour gets a Nokia N65? They will get Nokia N65. Neighbour gets 5-series, they will get 5-series. Neighbour builds one more storey, they will build one more storey. Neighbour jumps in a ditch, they will jump in the ditch. You can literally start a genocide by shooting with a fake gun. They will get a real one and will shoot the first person they see.

Truely the doers! Do first think later.

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
She also writes:
>but then doesn't seem to do anything to stop qualified professionals from being treated with disdain.

This self-vicitimization is bad. No one is stopping her from getting regulated.

Btw, the newcomer welcome programs for PRs specifically talk about these regulated professionals and ask us to check what we need before arrival to get a role in our fields.

But there's another side to Canada that most don't look into. I talk to a lot of private equity folks, VCs, etc - there's a demand for creators. There's a lot of money and a lot less number of people to help Canadian economy grow based on this private equity surplus. Sure, there are a lot of idea folks who "wants to build the next Facebook", but very little number of IPO or $100mm+ scale capable people.

If your brother can create something, Canada with it's insane PE flow can be the perfect place. I've friends who landed in 2021 and are making $500k+ through businesses and side hustles. After all the future is solopreneurship.

It is arguable how talented PhDs really are as academicians are often not talented. I think the biggest problem with Canada is that they've been attracting the mediocre class of the world so far. The culture seems very laid back which feels iffy for anyone talented to work with (slow growth == low comp growth).
I generally agree with her experience that she writes about except the fact that she did not know her profession is regulated here and that she'll have to take a hit pay and career wise.

PM-ing you about more information on those solepreneurship thing. Me (and brother) are very new to all this and I'd like to hear more positive/good ideas because so far I've only heard the bad.
Please do share more about the demand for creators, it's so rare to hear something so positive about the country in this thread. I'm sure everyone would like to learn more.

Reactions: imransyed

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Wow, good luck on that GC, although I've been reading the transition times, it seems you need at least 3 years to properly transition from H1B to EB-2. Unless you managed to convince your employer to sponsor you as a direct EB-2, in which case, that would be awesome. Personally, I look at the citizenship as more of a safety net just in case the US won't work out, besides 3 years shouldn't be too long. I'm almost a year here now, so 2 to go.

Rach WLT

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2022
There is no definition of serious disease in this law. What is serious disease? Devil only knows and it can be challenged in court of law. You will have to look at its implications based on previous decisions. Ask some lawyer. BTW, if you select it as yes, you are going to get a PFL. Its not end of the world but answering PFL is hard and best done by a lawyer.

Basically, Canada does not want a person with a serious disease but they are too prude to define what is serious. They think it is common sense -- which is ... really not so common.

BTW, do tell panel Dr about it. I think they will ask under "immune diseases". Graves is an auto immune disease.
Thanks for the reply. This is for anyone in a similar situation as me.

i just checked with a panel doctor who did my medical examination. According to him, my condition is under control and this is not a life threatening disease. He advised me I can declare no for that question.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Thanks for the reply. This is for anyone in a similar situation as me.

i just checked with a panel doctor who did my medical examination. According to him, my condition is under control and this is not a life threatening disease. He advised me I can declare no for that question.
There are comparable diseases :
1. I know folks with diabetes have not ticked it. Do confirm in medical threads though.

So yeah, Dr. May be right. Do not tick it.

kanwar144

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
hi , can get the link that is pasted in the GC key to view your uploaded application and download the documents .I am unable to find that link

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Yeah it seems timelines are the same. Google says 10-24 months in general but 16-18 months would be typical. So if I get 36 months outside of Canada, and assume 18 months for EB2 processing, I should really shoot my shot a year into L1 at the latest.

I've begun applying for diversity visa on the side lol.

I guess consular is the one where you gotta go back to your home country and file? Then no, I'll remain in the US the whole time.

Long story short I lead multiple high value projects in a strategic US corporation. My projects are my own and they're highly technical so both "business" and "research" apply. I'll first ask the company to sponsor me directly but if not, the kind of letters I can get from the company should be enough to convince USCIS that it'd be in their interest to try and keep me in the US. I also have other strong and relevant credentials (degrees, publications, experience etc.). If I need to write proposals that's easy too, considering what I already do.
My tip to you, go seek an legal advice from an Asian or non-American attorney for filing your GC. There are tons in Seattle and SFO. Of course, read the reviews. They will get what you want. If you work with American-born attorney, then I am sure you will never get things done quickly. A simple mistake will restart the whole process. So make sure you do everything right at the first filing.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
My tip to you, go seek an legal advice from an Asian or non-American attorney for filing your GC. There are tons in Seattle and SFO. Of course, read the reviews. They will get what you want. If you work with American-born attorney, then I am sure you will never get things done quickly. A simple mistake will restart the whole process. So make sure you do everything right at the first filing.
Question though if you're going to be company sponsored, wouldn't the company pick where you should get the legal advice from? I'm assuming they are already working with an immigration lawyer for the stuff on their end, why not just bring you in as well.

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
I am the opposite. I have a US GC and I am moving to Canada. As a global entrepreneur the “worldwide taxation” aspect of the US doesn’t appeal to me. Also, you don’t get anything for your taxes in the US, in Canada at least you get more benefits. The USA is too religious for my taste. And there are constant shootings. I wouldn’t feel safe sending my children to a school in the US. I enjoyed living there when I was young, very workaholic and felt bulletproof. But, now that I am just about to turn 40 I appreciate quality of life and my family more.

Last edited:

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
I am the opposite. I have a US GC and I am moving to Canada. As a global entrepreneur the “worldwide taxation” aspect of the US doesn’t appeal to me. Also, you don’t get anything for your taxes in the US, in Canada at least you get more benefits. The USA is too religious for my taste. And there are constant shootings. I wouldn’t feel safe sending my children to a school in the US. I enjoyed living there when I was young, very workaholic and felt bulletproof. But, now that I am just about to turn 40 I appreciate quality of life and my family more.

Also, I should qualify…I don’t plan to move full-time. I live in Europe now but I have a company and some business interests in the US and I plan to move that. I will probably spend 6 monts +1 day in Canada per year.
For reference though, Canada also have "worldwide taxation", the difference between the US is that US tax follows up wherever you take up residence.

I agree on the schools though, I feel that if your kids can get domestic tuition in Canada, Canadian schools offer better value for money. If I ever have a family in the US, I'll make sure that they're dual citizens so they can get domestic tuition in Canada.

Depends on where you live in Canada I guess, Canadian suburbs are phenomenal. But the cities, well let's just say I don't feel it oozing with "quality of life" - at least in Vancouver.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
For reference though, Canada also have "worldwide taxation", the difference between the US is that US tax follows up wherever you take up residence.

I agree on the schools though, I feel that if your kids can get domestic tuition in Canada, Canadian schools offer better value for money. If I ever have a family in the US, I'll make sure that they're dual citizens so they can get domestic tuition in Canada.

Depends on where you live in Canada I guess, Canadian suburbs are phenomenal. But the cities, well let's just say I don't feel it oozing with "quality of life" - at least in Vancouver.
Yes every country has "Worldwide Taxation" while you are a resident.
Canadian cities might not be organized, but have you seen Harlem in NYC and the South End in Chicago? Parts of the USA are more dangerous than war-zones.... I don't think you will find something like this in Canada

"In Chicago’s 60624 ZIP code, the homicide rate for young men is more than 1,200 for every 100,000, and it’s not the only ZIP code with numbers like this. The average annual deaths per 100,000 for American soldiers who were heavily engaged in combat numbered at 395 in Afghanistan and 330 in Iraq."

Arod

May 15, 2017
I am the opposite. I have a US GC and I am moving to Canada. The USA is too religious for my taste. And there are constant shootings. I wouldn’t feel safe sending my children to a school in the US.
Nailed it. In addition to being a place where half the population believes in populists like Trump and nutjobs like Tucker Carlson, imagine being surrounded by so much ignorance.