+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
May I ask, does anyone know about anything as "Actual value". Is there anything as actual value? Do you know "actual value" of say an orange or just the price you paid?

All there is an estimation or appraisal of sorts. CSR score is one such tool. It estimates your value based on a number of parameters. If it is high enough to push you in ranks high enough, Canada invites you. So if that tool CSR is good enough for canadian system, I guess you do not have any better means to put any other value on a person. If Canada invites a person at say CSR 450, there is value enough.

This is the "core pillar" you are seeking.

All the people who are calling immigration minister, PM etc are mostly frustrated with Canadian immigration system for their delayed or broken processing of the application. And thats a fair thing to do. To even call names. Because they PAID for that service.

Can we agree at this point?

If you PAY for a service, here, for processing your immigration file, you are ENTITLED for it? ENTITLED in a resonable time? Because you paid for it?
While I agree wholeheartedly with your point that IRCC should be processing applications in given timeline; I think calling it a crime is a bit much. Having seen USCIS very closely I would say IRCC is way better. I have friends who immigrated to Australia with no updates for 2 years before files were approved. I have a friend currently applying for citizenship in Germany and there also you don't get any updates.

Is IRCC really the worst when processing applications .. I don't think that is true unless your data says that USCIS or any other country are way too efficient. May be they exist but I haven't heard of any.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
While I agree wholeheartedly with your point that IRCC should be processing applications in given timeline; I think calling it a crime is a bit much. Having seen USCIS very closely I would say IRCC is way better. I have friends who immigrated to Australia with no updates for 2 years before files were approved. I have a friend currently applying for citizenship in Germany and there also you don't get any updates.

Is IRCC really the worst when processing applications .. I don't think that is true unless your data says that USCIS or any other country are way too efficient. May be they exist but I haven't heard of any.
I don't know how much this is true but I heard that no other country provides GCMS notes equivalent to know exactly what is happening with your application.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

Till 1918 Canada did not give any voting rights to women. US did not give it till 1920. Till late 1960s, segregation racial segregation was not punished or made illegal and there were Jim Crow laws in USA. All of them were unfair, criminal and unjust.

One last example, several countries till date do not have decent child protection laws -- France has / recently had some very very alarming gaps in protecting minors against abuse. I think any abuse arising out of that gap and goes unpunished is equally criminal.

Here, simply because a group of people -- namely economic immigrants here -- have not been afforded protection as customer/client protection should, against IRCC's misdoings does not make IRCC's theft of its client's money and time any less criminal -- and yes, while their applications are being processed, applicants are customers of IRCC because IRCC takes money to offer a service of evaluating and granting PR.

Its a basic thing : If you take money to deliver a service, you should do it. If you do not, you should compensate for not delivering or not delivering at time. Just because you ie Canada is a sovereign does not make a crime any less of a crime. It is simply that Canada does not face punishment because it is a sovereign. It can argue that in best interest of Canadians, we can not punish IRCC in Canadian courts. Its no better than arguing that it is in best interest of majority it is totally okay to screw the rights of minorities. It is wrong to accept something that is basically crime as an acceptable behaviour.

Last edited:
Reactions: dankboi

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I don't know how much this is true but I heard that no other country provides GCMS notes equivalent to know exactly what is happening with your application.
They do.

Any country which has a proper right to information kind of law, does it.

My lawyer in Australia told me about it because I wanted to resume my PR there. It is possible to pull my file from DIBP (similar to IRCC) in Australia.

Freedom of Information
You can make a Freedom of Information (FOI) request to obtain a copy of your prior file from the Department. You can find the relevant Form 424A here.
The details to make this request can also be found here.
US border protection / DHS has FIOA which allows you to get border entry and exit records. I think but not sure that same FIOA might allow you to get your file from USCIS.

Last edited:

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
This sort of contradicts what some say when they claim that people come to Canada only to become citizens and get a passport to move to another country.

That said, for someone who is already a permanent resident, there are not many incentives to apply for citizenship other than wanting to have the right to vote or being able to fly with a Canadian passport.

If you are not interested in any of those things why bother?
I don't believe the vast majority only want to come to Canada for citizenship and the passport. I think a privileged percentage of people do, but most are here because they want to settle in Canada permanently.

The issue is also whether they can sustain their life in Canada the period required, it takes on average a minimum of 4 years to get your citizenship, that's 4 years of living in Canada most likely just through your own means. For someone who is struggling professionally, financially or socially, it might just not be worth it.

The factor is there are still a lot of people who leave a good life in their home countries to move to Canada, and when they see that the Canadian lifestyle doesn't suit them, they end up leaving before going through that citizenship process.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I'm not wasting my breath because I'm not arguing. People like my posts because I'm mostly unbiased and paint both the good and the bad parts of the picture. People fail to understand what's a discussion and what's an argument, or what's criticism and what's complaint. I don't care, the data is there (55% haven't become citizens, 30% looking to leave very soon). I only share info along with my personal experience. When I'm researching something on the internet, I'll want to hear both good and bad experiences because the reality is the sum of them all. My first post included both my good and bad experiences. It's just insane that people get seriously butthurt because some random stranger said something about some random foreign country on some random website.

There isn't a single country that has literally everything perfect. But this won't change the fact that Canada is a cold, boring country with a ponzi scheme of a real estate market, unbelievably shitty and small job market, high taxes, low paychecks, and a joke of a health care system (if you call it a system). I'll enjoy the passport, sure, but I'm sane enough to understand I'll just take all I can from any country and not be completely dense to the point I'm literally arguing with random strangers online for what they might have said about some random foreign country.
I think a lot of your criticisms are valid.

However, as we all know you don't get everything in one place. You also have to make a lot of effort to live an interesting life here, probably more than you would in Europe and the US, and that's mainly because there is not as much of an emphasis on having a strong social life, among Canadians. But I can also tell you through my own experiences, that if you try to be a lightening rod for social interaction, a lot of people are going to be receptive to it because it's something they lack and want more of, but don't have the time or proactiveness to pursue themselves. One of the main challenges here is to meet and cultivate relationships with people who are likeminded, want to go out on the weekend, have fun, etc.

What I mean is, if you build it they will come. And also remember there are lot of other people who move to Canada as well and want to build a social network here too, and they are also usually game to join into building something.

In all honestly, many of the criticisms you've made apply to other places too. I've heard in Australia people are even more closed off and it's even harder to crack socially, so it's just part of the immigrant struggle. But you just have to try your best to make a life for yourself here.

But I completely understand someone moving from Europe or Asia to here, and struggling with the individualistic way of life. Everyone is sort of in their own silos, especially the locals. To be honest even you will have trouble integrating people as you get to know more and more of them.

Canada is not for everyone, I completely understand someone who was happy back home with all the social capital they've built growing up in their society, not wanting to throw it all away to come here and live the whole "metro, boulot, dodo" lifestyle, and having to start from zero in terms of building community. That's why people who have it good in their own country have to contemplate a lot of this stuff before and after they come here, especially as it's much harder to make the progress here that others managed to 10, 20 years ago. Now a lot of people who are earning well are still living month to month, and so the financial incentives to move here have certainly lessened over the years.

A lot of people think moving to Canada is like an evolutionary step where their life will just progress further on the same trajectory it did back in their own country. But the reality is it's a complete system shock, and not everyone understands that until they come here and figure out how difficult it is build a new life for themselves. Some people are better equipped at doing that than others.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I think a lot of your criticisms are valid.

However, as we all know you don't get everything in one place. You also have to make a lot of effort to live an interesting life here, probably more than you would in Europe and the US, and that's mainly because there is not as much of an emphasis on having a strong social life here, among Canadians. But I can also tell you through my own experiences, that if you try to be a lightening rod for social interaction, a lot of people are going to be receptive to it because it's something they lack and want more of, but don't have the time or proactiveness to pursue themselves.

What I mean is, if you build it they will come. And also remember there are lot of other people who move to Canada as well and want to build a social network here too, and they are also usually game to join into building something.

In all honestly, many of the criticisms you've made apply to other places too. I've heard in Australia people are even more closed off and it's even hard to crack socially, so it's just part of the immigrant struggle. But you just have to try your best to make a life for yourself here.

But I completely understand someone moving from Europe or Asia moving here, and struggling with the individualistic way of life here. Everyone is sort of in their own silos, especially the locals. To be honest even you will have trouble integrating people as you get to know more and more of them.
There is an age part of equation as well.

After a certain age, you do not really become close to new folks. I guess 40 or so is the cut off or may be earlier. Also, you do seek out more people during a certain age ie teens and twenties. You seek out relationships. A lot of people are settled into their social group by mid 30s.

I think those who come here to do their bachelors are best placed for social experience.

I solved it in part by bringing my own social circle from India.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
This sort of contradicts what some say when they claim that people come to Canada only to become citizens and get a passport to move to another country.

That said, for someone who is already a permanent resident, there are not many incentives to apply for citizenship other than wanting to have the right to vote or being able to fly with a Canadian passport.

ehm i came across an opinion/article regarding immigration so posted it here. i'm cool. once in a while i log in here and do these shady stuffs . just dank things. as simple as it is. take it ezy folks.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
After a certain age, you do not really become close to new folks. I guess 40 or so is the cut off or may be earlier.
You are being generous with the cut off here. LOL. I think it is somewhere around 25-30. I have seen so many posts on reddit forums people saying they are struggling to make friends between ages of 25-30. And most of the times the answer is that social circles kind of stop developing after university years. And this is not limited to GTA / Canada. Similar posts can be seen even in other major cities NYC, Chicago, Sydney etc.

I think one thing which may have impacted this is probably dating apps. Before dating apps people did expect to go out in bars or other social settings to meet new people. With apps people don't want to make that effort and these apps are skewed towards the desired top 10% or 5% of the profiles and rest of the folks.

red_red

Feb 1, 2023
any official news about the FSW draw that didn't happen? I tried to search all over the internet for information but didn't find anything reliable

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
any official news about the FSW draw that didn't happen? I tried to search all over the internet for information but didn't find anything reliable
I don't think there was any official correspondence after that. Oddly, immigration consultants are talking about a possible CEC draw this week.

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Thats not a bad idea at all. Infact its very good. I will say leave IT and do a MBA or something if finances permit. Do your internship in GCC and get a job there. May be do a MBA part time while keeping your job? It will take longer but that way you will be spending time here as PR and that will count for citizenship.
A personal update:

So I have thought long and hard about this and the posts of everyone with their suggestions. I have spent every waking moment trying to weigh my options and an MBA is the best/practical/logical way forward for me, given my circumstances.

A general question to all the well read members here: Is an MBA from a not so well known university like York, Ottawa, etc., valuable? I mean i know it won't be the same as queen's or uft or mcgill or even HEC?

Why I ask this is coz given my professional and educational history, it seems extremely difficult to a level of impossibility for me to get into the top schools, despite getting a decently good GMAT score also. Low GPA is not the problem, the mediocre work/professional experience is a MAJOR hurdle which adcoms really give attention to incase gpa is low.

A different option I am weighing is, get a Masters degree in Econ/Fin, ace the GPA, get a good job and then some years later, go for an MBA. Very long and I would like to not do this but it would make a strong application IMO.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A personal update:

So I have thought long and hard about this and the posts of everyone with their suggestions. I have spent every waking moment trying to weigh my options and an MBA is the best/practical/logical way forward for me, given my circumstances.

A general question to all the well read members here: Is an MBA from a not so well known university like York, Ottawa, etc., valuable? I mean i know it won't be the same as queen's or uft or mcgill or even HEC?

Why I ask this is coz given my professional and educational history, it seems extremely difficult to a level of impossibility for me to get into the top schools, despite getting a decently good GMAT score also. Low GPA is not the problem, the mediocre work/professional experience is a MAJOR hurdle which adcoms really give attention to incase gpa is low.

A different option I am weighing is, get a Masters degree in Econ/Fin, ace the GPA, get a good job and then some years later, go for an MBA. Very long and I would like to not do this but it would make a strong application IMO.
IMO those schools are fine and the degrees are valuable.

Just stay away from University Canada West and other similar private universities.