+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1083629

If people have to keep weapons on their person then its a sign that government has failed to provide basic security.
They failed at it. At least, Toronto. I have already seen several cases of targeted attacks against women. And I am a small sample.

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Today I cleared the G driving exam. And I do not think I am qualified to drive on the city streets yet because of the Left Turn thing at the Canadian traffic signals. I am going to practice every day but I can see why insurance rates are some of the worst in Toronto. I saw many people failing so its not like the entire system is broken but the Drivetest centers currently are being super lenient about who qualifies to drive.
Someone told me it is because they have a massive backlog of various applications and they don't want to add to it. Go figure.

• Haha
Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Today I cleared the G driving exam. And I do not think I am qualified to drive on the city streets yet because of the Left Turn thing at the Canadian traffic signals. I am going to practice every day but I can see why insurance rates are some of the worst in Toronto. I saw many people failing so its not like the entire system is broken but the Drivetest centers currently are being super lenient about who qualifies to drive.
Someone told me it is because they have a massive backlog of various applications and they don't want to add to it. Go figure.
Car Insurance in Ontario is a money minting operation. Used to pay 230 for liability only with 13 yrs driving exp carried over from usa. Now it's down to 92 but still high.

• Haha

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Car Insurance in Ontario is a money minting operation. Used to pay 230 for liability only with 13 yrs driving exp carried over from usa. Now it's down to 92 but still high.
This made me laugh. Just checked the rates for 2010 Honda Civic, parked in private driveway and in Scarborough. Get ready: $498 a month.
I didn't care to check if that included HST or not lol

• Haha

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
This made me laugh. Just checked the rates for 2010 Honda Civic, parked in private driveway and in Scarborough. Get ready: $498 a month.
I didn't care to check if that included HST or not lol
I paid roughly $1200 for a year of full comprehensive insurance in Australia. Moved to AB (currently with 18 years driving experience) and insurance on my car is $4300 haha

• Haha

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
I paid roughly $1200 for a year of full comprehensive insurance in Australia. Moved to AB (currently with 18 years driving experience) and insurance on my car is $4300 haha
Roughly $700 for an year worth of comprehensive insurance in Saudi Arabia, which was still on the higher side of things.
Wish me luck for not getting stabbed or murdered on a TTC commute for a couple months. :D

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
That's a problem, right? By the time I can justify the threat, it becomes too late.
Not really. If you are living in a neighbourhood with high incidences of violent crime, you can ask for a license to carry weapon based on that. If you are in a profession which exposes you to violent crime, you can ask. Its based on risk.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Roughly $700 for an year worth of comprehensive insurance in Saudi Arabia, which was still on the higher side of things.
Wish me luck for not getting stabbed or murdered on a TTC commute for a couple months. :D
Ttc is fine. Just stand with your back against the wall or pillar so that a lunatic doesn't push you on the tracks

Reactions: imransyed

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Ttc is fine. Just stand with your back against the wall or pillar so that a lunatic doesn't push you on the tracks
That wont save you from being stabbed.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Can't. Already checked. If you carry a knife and use it, you can go to jail as you carried with the intention to use.
Actually mere act of possessing it could be troublesome if the length of blade was beyond a certain amount or if the knife was switchblade or gravity one (like balisong). I used to practice balisong flipping long long time back before getting here.

Here in Canada even getting one with trainer blade is troublesome as CBSA objects to it having "parts of knife". I mean yeah, it has a bolt and handle but then those are present on my frying pan too...

D

Deleted member 1083629

Not really. If you are living in a neighbourhood with high incidences of violent crime, you can ask for a license to carry weapon based on that. If you are in a profession which exposes you to violent crime, you can ask. Its based on risk.
Attacks do not happen in my backyard. They happen on streets and in TTC by mentally unhealthy people. I cannot get a gun based on a probability that I will be attacked. At the same time, mayor does nothing to help and at the same time, proposes a new tax hike for those who have cars.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Actually mere act of possessing it could be troublesome if the length of blade was beyond a certain amount or if the knife was switchblade or gravity one (like balisong). I used to practice balisong flipping long long time back before getting here.

Here in Canada even getting one with trainer blade is troublesome as CBSA objects to it having "parts of knife". I mean yeah, it has a bolt and handle but then those are present on my frying pan too...
Yeah. Pretty much. Bottom line is if a knife is not for tooling purposes, it's not allowed.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Attacks do not happen in my backyard. They happen on streets and in TTC by mentally unhealthy people. I cannot get a gun based on a probability that I will be attacked. At the same time, mayor does nothing to help and at the same time, proposes a new tax hike for those who have cars.
Well, as the donkey said "I would sooner have had no tail and no flies". Let police round up these folks so I do not have to carry a gun to the university.

Anyways if you are travelling in TTC, its unlikely you will be taking a gun along. Most workplaces and schools and university may not allow one on your person on their premises.

You will keep one at home or in your vehicle. But if you have a vehicle, why will you be using TTC?

bill.s.preston

Jul 22, 2020
Hi all. Just received an email asking for updated proof of funds. Initial Proof of Funds doc that was submitted along with the application was done through gift deed from parernts. However, since then, i have used some funds for general expenses and am currently shy by around 2000 CAD. To comply, I will be transferring the necessary funds required to be above the minimum limit now from parents before submitting updated POF. Do i need to again do that via gift deed or is a normal transfer sufficient?