Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
hey guys, i received the ITA yesterday & today i've received another email (below). However, after logging in, i can't see any updates or changes. Has anyone else experienced this? thanks!

Your application status has changes.

To check what's changed with your application's status:

1. Sign in to your account.
2. Click Check full application status under View the applications you submitted.
I did. It typically means nothing right now.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Quick question. A friend of mine knows a guy living in canada as a pr, both their fathers have the same exact name and incidentally have the same dob and were born in the same city (coinkydinky?). Mothers passed away. Can he claim sibling points? How does ircc check sibling relationship?
This is not your best work Navin. You are slacking. You can do better than this man. Try again.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
You haven't seen muffin my dear!

It gets better!

People take out ads in news paper to get a simple appointment with a doctor so they can renew their prescription. YEAH! (https://www.timescolonist.com/local-news/central-saanich-couple-without-a-family-doctor-turn-to-newspaper-ad-to-get-prescriptions-filled-5651845)

There is a waiting list of 1-2 months for an doctor's appointment for those who have broken their wrist or something.

I mean EVEN back home, in India, a doctor was always a phone call away!

Trust me, immigrations is just the beginning of frustration with this country. Had India not having such a messed up heat wave and pollution situation, I would have seriously left this country.

10 million dollars for a house. 2 months for a doctors appointment.

OOOOOh Canada!
Canadian Healthcare is a myth m9

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Reactions: ilikesnow

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Great! I also plan to do something similar. I have additional considerations but it makes sense. Why live a 3rd world life and pay first world prices.

PS: sorry for missing your messages. I was offline for sometime.
By the way, I came to Vancouver last month and did everything you mentioned in your list, except for the plane thing.

I visited Toronto for 20 days (also completed my PR formalities there, hence the extra days), Vancouver for 6 days, and Calgary for 5 days.

Loved Vancouver (a good place to visit), liked Calgary (a good place to live) and disliked Toronto (especially Brampton).

Thank you so much for that detailed post you wrote.

Now that I am back in India, I have a whole new appreciation for my life here. Things that bothered me earlier about this place don't bother me so much now. Visiting Canada made me realize that I will only be staying there for 3 years to get my citizenship. After that, I will either try to move to the US or go back to India. I sure as hell won't be investing in their inflated real estate.
Care to elaborate on your verdicts and reasons? I'm genuinely curious.

For me, after being here for 2 months, the biggest negatives for Canada (compared to the US) are

1) poor infrastructure (roads are not great, 1 major nation-wide internet outage, 1 major city-wide power outage during my time here)

2) poor quality of service by govt/big institutions (IRCC, Service Canada, banks, telecoms)

3) inadequate healthcare services (wait times mainly)

4) insane real estate prices to income ratio.

Granted, I was aware of a few of these prior to moving here; but anyway I'm not sure if these are enough to make me turn my back.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
If a person really have problems with property prices, expenses and job opportunities after migrating, the problem is with person itself, should have done enough research about this in first place or alongside your immigration journey. Property prices are high? yes they are! Healthcare is bad? Yes it is. How long it takes for one to research average home price in a city? or healthcare situation? 5 minutes for me, 60 minutes for some.
Its not a question of things are bad.. its more a question of things do not need to be bad. They are bad for literally no reason.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
You know, the biggest trouble a lot of us (Indians) have here? The things that are broken need not be broken. They are broken for no good reason.

There should be no crisis of land prices in Canada. Its just barely 38 million souls on a massive piece of earth. Heck entire Canada can fit on Vancouver Island and live really comfortably. But still somehow they mess up even the simplest thing.

Or the PR Cards? There is no need for PR Cards. Countries like Australia are doing fine without one. The entire reason PR Cards exist because Canada has not yet realized that computers can talk to each other and they do not need a card to verify one's PR status.

The "landing" procedure for in-canada people that they fixed recently by that portal? It used to be so stupid that one needs to go to border to "land" as a PR. They found that they can do it over internet... duh... Because the pandemic hit.

Unlike back home, where there are 1.4 billion of us and there are no half way decent natural resources nor trained and educated man power, here I see why they have messed up thing that need not be messed up.

India is broken because it has problems that are so huge that in the history no one has solved them. Ever. Canada is broken for reason that simply do not exist. Thats a shame.

That is the reason why a lot us eventually get frustrated here.
True. All of these are fixable.

The Canadian govt is under the control of vested interests at a level that simply doesn't happen in the States. Big institutions like banks and telecoms are regulated so much that the barrier for entry is too much and these companies like that status quo. So, no Venmo/Splitwise, no Google Fi, etc.

Then there's real estate where property owners who again like the status quo of limited new housing to protect the big bubble. At least, things are getting slightly better in Toronto as opposed to Vancouver.

And then, add in the general aversion towards change and new technology by govt/big institutions just because they can get away with it.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
True. All of these are fixable.

The Canadian govt is under the control of vested interests at a level that simply doesn't happen in the States. Big institutions like banks and telecoms are regulated so much that the barrier for entry is too much and these companies like that status quo. So, no Venmo/Splitwise, no Google Fi, etc.

Then there's real estate where property owners who again like the status quo of limited new housing to protect the big bubble. At least, things are getting slightly better in Toronto as opposed to Vancouver.

And then, add in the general aversion towards change and new technology by govt/big institutions just because they can get away with it.

About the housing bubble, there is one all over the world, not just in Canada. Tell me one major city that is not experiencing a property bubble? None.

There are two simple reasons why that is happening, again all over the world:

1. Property taxes, especially residential. The taxes should be proportional to the property you own. A family owning one house is not in any way compared with a one owning two or twelve, so you tax them accordingly. One other simple thing that a lot of people seem to always miss: a property needs taking care of; so, its not just the taxes, its the painting, mowing, renovations and they are like a yearly subscription. Every property has a yearly maintanance fee.

2. Institutions snatching up residential property. This is a bubble creator and an absolute homeownership killer. I don't know who thought was a good idea to let companies legally own residencial homes or what is the short-term or long-term profitability from it, but they are massacring the market. One tiny example: BlackRock preparing a $50 Billion fund to grab homes the moment the market starts correcting itself. Unfortunately, this has started a phenomenon in the US and adopted by the world, like always, and if nothing happens to stop this in the US, nothing will stop it for the rest of the world. You can hate it or love, its how it will be for a long time. The US sets the pace and the world follows it. To make this happen you either need a "crazy" president like Donald Trump, who no-one can predict what he will do next, or something of a revolution from people themselves. Nothing else, not a chance.

You might argue that increasing interest rates will cool-off the bubble and it will of course, but it will absolutely hurt the people and not institutions. Everytime that happens, a lot of homes change hands and end up belonging to the companies.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
About the housing bubble, there is one all over the world, not just in Canada. Tell me one major city that is not experiencing a property bubble? None.
Why look at Calgary or Edmonton!

World wide Look at USA! And then see Canada... notice something weird?

One must remember that there is NO DEARTH of land in Canada of all places, so this "world wide real estate bubble" does not make sense at all! I mean if Alberta can do it, so should BC. If USA can keep housing prices low enough, Canada should not have any trouble!

Also remember, there is no big enough industry in Vancouver or BC for that matter.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
1. Property taxes, especially residential. The taxes should be proportional to the property you own. A family owning one house is not in any way compared with a one owning two or twelve, so you tax them accordingly. One other simple thing that a lot of people seem to always miss: a property needs taking care of; so, its not just the taxes, its the painting, mowing, renovations and they are like a yearly subscription. Every property has a yearly maintanance fee.

2. Institutions snatching up residential property. This is a bubble creator and an absolute homeownership killer. I don't know who thought was a good idea to let companies legally own residencial homes or what is the short-term or long-term profitability from it, but they are massacring the market. One tiny example: BlackRock preparing a $50 Billion fund to grab homes the moment the market starts correcting itself. Unfortunately, this has started a phenomenon in the US and adopted by the world, like always, and if nothing happens to stop this in the US, nothing will stop it for the rest of the world. You can hate it or love, its how it will be for a long time. The US sets the pace and the world follows it. To make this happen you either need a "crazy" president like Donald Trump, who no-one can predict what he will do next, or something of a revolution from people themselves. Nothing else, not a chance.
Both of them do not apply to Canada.

Institutions are NOT snatching up land or houses here. Biggest proof? house demand is extremely sensitive to interest rates. Mortgage rate go up, demands and sale go away. This is not the behaviour of cash rich institutional buyers. They will snatch up all the real estate during a down turn. Does not happen here.

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
India is broken because it has problems that are so huge that in the history no one has solved them. Ever. Canada is broken for reason that simply do not exist. Thats a shame.
Yeah no relation between the government and systemic issues and the problems in India.

• Haha
Reactions: cansha