+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

You CRS scores are high enough and surely you will get an ITA this year definitely. Next year will be harder for most people as I think they have setup NOC based draws from 2023.
Oh yeah "definitely". Just like POF changes were "definitely" a sign of APD returning last year.

Reactions: ImpatientDragon

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yeah I think we got a shot in August (remember August will also have 3 draws, assuming no interruptions). But I am planning for September. Their draws sizes will increase by a little bit, but I don't see them going over 2500 this year. But any increase will absorb some more of the 520+ scores.

I think two draws from now (mid August), the cutoff will come to the 520 levels. With 519 you have a very good chance. Mine's 516, which is why I am hoping for last week of August or September. But if there are 2 interruptions (say for CEC or fst), then I will not be getting an ITA, and my Canada journey ends because of NOC specific shite.

btw I called this in a few posts before we even had our first all program draw. We will see an influx of higher scoring profiles between now and September. They stopped CEC as well, so the non-lazy CECs will be coming out of the woodwork to qualify with higher scores. Get better language scores, and let the Canadian education and 2 years (or 3 years) Canadian work exp bonus push their scores well into the mid 500s. Getting 520-550 as a CEC is not difficult, and as competition increases, the actual good CECs will start pushing up the average.

Not sure if the influx was because of this, but I'm not surprised by it at all.
I am absolutely certain that the vast majority of candidates that will be added above 501 are CEC, but I am having a hard time placing them in the 520+ range.

Reason is simple, CEC provides 50 points and a CEC with 470-480 has to have a CLB 9 minimum. One other thing is that I was expecting these candidates to be added perhaps after September, since the draws were paused around that time last year. So, this month I pointed my finger to candidates who graduated and got above the 501 threshold, potentially FSW beforehand who got Masters.

About the size of the draws, I am with you on 2,500 being the maximum size this year or at least until November when the new levels will be stated. Still, at 2,500 there is the potential to reduce up to 1500 people net from the pool at a time.

Reactions: dankboi

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Reading some previous posts ,
First of all I am not supporting anyone but just unbiased opinion
Canada is not like what islander or mushy explains.
According to islander canada is the best in this world and it is full of rainbow and sunshine, is it like that NO
According to mushy canada is a hell hole ,which is filled by idiots and unfair immigration policies is that true I will say partially
If some of you have read my previous post canada is an okay country to live ,nothing mind boggling or not too bad but just okay.where most likely you will face people who are idiots mostly from certain places (mod I didn't mention the place, we are cool okay?) Who are really rude ,with a fragile economy which is dependent on US (I totally agree with kangaroo in this).
I wouldn't blame mushy or Elvis because one thing they have put a lot of effort ,when people with 5 times lesser score than them got a pr ,they didn't get an ita that is a shame on the system.
Is the system transparent?No
Is the system fair ? I don't think so
Is the system the worst?NO ,because I heard my friend tried to apply to a nation for some kind of visa in EU he said that process Is not at all transparent.i think us I don't even have to talk about it.
Living in uncertainty sucks ,I think some of us were there few months ago ,4 months I waited for an ita I know how it feels ,islander didn't have to go through this so for him this are okay, but for a lot of us here I think we can relate what is the situation of the people in ee pool.
No, i don't ever recall saying Canada is perfect, like anywhere else no country is perfect.

What i've said is that we should be grateful for this opportunity to immigrate to another country and have loyalty to that society, which is just common sense and common decency.

Ironically, the guy who said that they don't owe Canada anything is now desperately trying to cover his tracks and trying to get his account/posts deleted so that there is no paper trail once he gets his ITA. Then he's going to comb his hair in a side parting and act like a model would-be citizen which i find hilarious.

Canada is not all sunshine and rainbows, but it's a great country with lots of opportunities. And we should be grateful for having a chance to come here and make a life for ourselves.

The people who are constantly trashing Canada, who have never even set foot here, should stay in their own home country then if they don't like it so much. No need for more ungrateful, whiners here.

Last edited:
Reactions: cansha

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
This obviously I checked and we all know how accurate it is ,I was asking whether someone received pr card who landed recently.
yes, applied on 7th, delivered on 21st. 14 days from the day of updating photo+address in that portal. yet the portal still says it's under review. ircc agent said most applications aren't updated on the portal and unable to link to gc key.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
No, i don't ever recall saying Canada is perfect, like anywhere else no country is perfect.

What i've said is that we should be grateful for this opportunity to immigrate to another country and have loyalty to that society, which is just common sense and common decency.

Ironically, the guy who said that they don't owe Canada anything is now desperately trying to cover his tracks and trying to get his account/posts deleted so that there is no paper trail once he gets his ITA. Then he's going to comb his hair in a side parting and act like a model would-be citizen which i find hilarious.

Canada is not all sunshine and rainbows, but it's a great country with lots of opportunities. And we should be grateful for having a chance to come here and make a life for ourselves.
exactly, definitely, indeed, legend says canada owes everyone muffins

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
exactly, definitely, indeed
Lol, you guys are still butthurt over what this guy said?

Yes, Canada has no obligation towards anyone. Just like the US has no obligation towards anyone, or South Korea, or the Democratic Republic of Congo.

If tomorrow they want to change their immigration policies they can, immigration functions purely as a means of improving a country's labour shortages, demographic trends, wealth inflows, etc.

You guys still want to crucify this guy for saying the most obvious, legal opinion ever.

Your rights as an applicant are defined and governed by the laws and regulations that Canada places on itself through its own legal checks and balances. That's just the way it works.

Last edited:

Sean Fraser

Jan 13, 2022

Yes, Canada has no obligation towards anyone. Just like the US has no obligation towards anyone, or South Korea, or the Democratic Republic of Congo.

If tomorrow they want to change their immigration policies they can, immigration functions purely as a means of improving a country's labour shortages, demographic trends, wealth inflows, etc.

You guys still want to crucify this guy for saying the most obvious, legal opinion ever.

Your rights as an applicant are defined and governed by the laws and regulations that Canada itself places on itself through its own legal checks and balances. That's just the way it works.
You are correct

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

Your rights as an applicant are defined and governed by the laws and regulations that Canada places on itself through its own legal checks and balances. That's just the way it works.
It's just frustration with IRCC throwing older applications in the trash for a long time with no communication whatsoever. Newer PNP applications are being finalized in 3-4 months now and many 2 years old applications are still pending. Backlog is getting cleared but not fast enough otherwise, we would have seen big draws instead of small ones with ridiculously high cut-offs.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021

The primary job of the IRCC, which is a government agency, is to process applications. And it's a paid service for the most part including PR application processing. So, they absolutely owe the applicants who've paid them money a timely response/decision.

I do see the rationale for would-be applicants though.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It's just frustration with IRCC throwing older applications in the trash for a long time with no communication whatsoever. Newer PNP applications are being finalized in 3-4 months now and many 2 years old applications are still pending. Backlog is getting cleared but not fast enough otherwise, we would have seen big draws instead of small ones with ridiculously high cut-offs.
I'm not saying it's right. I know how close I came to getting caught in that mess, I'm not so oblivious that i don't empathize with the plight of people. There were legitimate reasons related to covid that affected delays, but it also became a blanket excuse for things not being done on time as well.

But it takes resources to clear backlogs and it also takes time. You guys are not the only ones suffering, everyday there are news reports here on backlogs related to passport issuances as well, and these are actual Canadian people, who are taxpayers and are also stuck in the system.

I have a friend whose citizenship application has been in process for more than 2 years.

They need to do better, but it's better than countries like Australia which basically stopped all immigration throughout the pandemic. They could have easily used covid as an excuse to stop processing or even cancel applications.

The primary job of the IRCC, which is a government agency, is to process applications. And it's a paid service for the most part including PR application processing. So, they absolutely owe the applicants who've paid them money a timely response/decision.

I do see the rationale for would-be applicants though.
You guys have to get this through your heads, just because you pay whatever paltry sum as your processing fee doesn't mean you get to dictate or demand anything.

IRCC is accountable to the government, voted by Canadian taxpayers. Tomorrow they want to refund all your processing fees and dump your applications, they can do that as long as they have a mandate to do so. Ask all the paper applicants before express entry was introduced what happened to their applications, when they all got canceled and got their fees refunded.

I empathize but this is what Mark Holthe was saying, in the actual, legal context, IRCC does not owe you anything.

Ethically, do they owe you a timely response? Sure, no one would dispute that. But it's understanding the difference between an ethical guiding principle with the facts of the matter.

No country puts itself in a position where it needs to be accountable to applicants when it comes to its immigration programs and policies.

Last edited: