+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
They do. That's why the 'Writ of Mandamus' exists.
This comes under the concept of the legal system of checks and balances. But this relates to whether IRCC is conducting its functions properly according to the guidelines set for it. So it relates to aspects such as are they processing an application as governed by the rules and regulations which stem from legislation? If not, then they have a mandate to intervene.

However, that does not include processing times. 6 months is an objective not an absolute right.

There's nothing in the legislation which says they have to process your application within a given time limit. On a case to case basis, you can probably argue that your processing time is unreasonable, but then you have to demonstrate that your application is singularly an exception, and not part of a larger issue like a backlog which is affecting everyone.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I empathize but this is what Mark Holthe was saying, in the actual, legal context, IRCC does not owe you anything.
I watched that live stream of Mark Holthe, he made that comment for people who were waiting in the pool and complaining that they spent money on IELTS and ECA so IRCC must do FSW draws lol

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I watched that live stream of Mark Holthe, he made that comment for people who were waiting in the pool and complaining that they spent money on IELTS and ECA so IRCC must do FSW draws lol
Yeah, if that doesn't signify entitlement, i don't know what does.

Even though i think now, all program draws should be the standard, because everyone deserves the same chance.

Trayceee

Star Member
Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
Oct 19,2023
AOR Received.
November 17,2023
Hate to break it to you but your only options are studying in Canada (and then working for CEC or qualifying directly for TR2PR or PNPs) or learning french. Having a citizen sibling will get you extra points, not sure if you counted those.

453 is just too low of a score. You can sit around and gamble, hoping for a miracle PNP draw to pick you, or you can do something about it and increase your scores. I can assure you scores will never get down to 450s again.
Ok thank you

friskflask

Jul 6, 2022
Has anyone else here faced this situation or come across anything similar?

Got back my passport on July 5, 2022 without a stamp and with a letter attached that said Application in Progress.

PPR received on June 20, 2022, FSW-O, COR: India, VO: RROC, Remedical passed: April 27, 2022. No documents as per my knowledge are nearing their expiry.

PLEASE HELP!
For the benefit of anyone facing a similar issue.

Got back passport with visa and CoPR documents on July 21, 2022.

Spoke to IRCC agent over phone after receiving the passport without the visa who confirmed that the application is almost approved and that there was an administrative issue that caused the mishap. Received a new PPR request the next day.

Last edited:

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hello dear members!!

I submitted my ADR on 4th July and on 5th July ADR status changed to NA.
However, I didnt receive the acknowledgment email.

Is it fine?

D

Deleted member 1006777

@ElvisRamaj @mushymush
Do u guys know any good youtube channel for French?
Depends on what you like. You can start with 'easy french'. 'french with alexa' is decent for grammar stuff, but I never used it. InnerFrench is often recommended for people learning.

Oh and Thomas Gautier is the only Candian french speaker whose accent doesn't make me want to staple my ears shut.

Last edited by a moderator:

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
Yeah I think we got a shot in August (remember August will also have 3 draws, assuming no interruptions). But I am planning for September. Their draws sizes will increase by a little bit, but I don't see them going over 2500 this year. But any increase will absorb some more of the 520+ scores.

I think two draws from now (mid August), the cutoff will come to the 520 levels. With 519 you have a very good chance. Mine's 516, which is why I am hoping for last week of August or September. But if there are 2 interruptions (say for CEC or fst), then I will not be getting an ITA, and my Canada journey ends because of NOC specific shite.

btw I called this in a few posts before we even had our first all program draw. We will see an influx of higher scoring profiles between now and September. They stopped CEC as well, so the non-lazy CECs will be coming out of the woodwork to qualify with higher scores. Get better language scores, and let the Canadian education and 2 years (or 3 years) Canadian work exp bonus push their scores well into the mid 500s. Getting 520-550 as a CEC is not difficult, and as competition increases, the actual good CECs will start pushing up the average.

Not sure if the influx was because of this, but I'm not surprised by it at all.
I remember you mentioning that you speak French. You do know that next year there is a very good chance that they will create a category for French speakers too. I’m in the same situation as I don’t really have a plan B but I’m trying to be optimistic. I know this prospect is depressing as hell but I guess there is still some hope for us French speakers who learned a completely new language from scratch to appease IRCC.

Also, IRCC said that they will start drawing under the new system from the first quarter in 2023. So potentially have the entire month of January too, even if there are CEC draws.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I remember you mentioning that you speak French. You do know that next year there is a very good chance that they will create a category for French speakers too. I’m in the same situation as I don’t really have a plan B but I’m trying to be optimistic. I know this prospect is depressing as hell but I guess there is still some hope for us French speakers who learned a completely new language from scratch to appease IRCC.

Also, IRCC said that they will start drawing under the new system from the first quarter in 2023. So potentially have the entire month of January too, even if there are CEC draws.
They'll probably be NOC specific. I don't believe in hope or whatever. Get a plan B. If you're basing your future on what IRCC does, you're in for only disappointment.

Reactions: ImpatientDragon

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
They'll probably be NOC specific. I don't believe in hope or whatever. Get a plan B. If you're basing your future on what IRCC does, you're in for only disappointment.
But Sean Fraser did say that they’ll target people with specific language skills and that was even confirmed by his spokesman. Can that change? Certainly! But there is still reason for a tad bit of hope. Of course, you never know with immigration laws, but one can try.