+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
It's a disaster that has ripple effects that will last for years, and this government seems hellbent on over-complicating an already super-complicated immigration system with new pathways left and right.
Can't blame Fraser tbh, you can't promise to reduce the backlog AND take in swathes of new people when you know the capacity ain't that great. This draw was more symbolic than anything

Mendichina was a turd but atleast Fraser understands basic math

LoudMindedGuy

Jul 7, 2022
Can't blame Fraser tbh, you can't promise to reduce the backlog AND take in swathes of new people when you know the capacity ain't that great. This draw was more symbolic than anything

Mendichina was a turd but atleast Fraser understands basic math
Yeah Fraser just inherited the mess Mendichino made.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

DavidBurke

Mar 25, 2022
Please could someone who's recently landed tell me how early they were able to notify IRCC of their address to receive their PR card? It's been a few days for me and I can't add an address for the card. Thank you.

Rkb94

Jul 22, 2021
Please could someone who's recently landed tell me how early they were able to notify IRCC of their address to receive their PR card? It's been a few days for me and I can't add an address for the card. Thank you.
I have been trying to call IRCC to connect to an agent but haven’t been able to get through. Did you provide any address at the time of landing or you are updating your first address?

yutaeren

Star Member
Apr 1, 2022
Hi everyone, just a question: once you have an open work permit visa valid for a year, can you first enter on a tourist visa when seeking employment and place to stay? And then re-enter on the work visa? What to say to the immigration officer at the border (airport)? Thanks in advance for any advice.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
For the benefit of those who do not have first hand experience of the reality of the Canadian dream and are putting their lives on hold for what they think is a prize catch (read PR) I wanted to share my experience and observation after spending 3 months there, cutting my losses and coming back.

Apart from a handful of individuals trained in software and emerging technologies in data, the PR dream glorified by the media is a massive fraud perpetrated by the Canadian government, propped up by the blitz of the western media which is highly skilled in the art of projecting an aspirational lifestyle which will remain beyond the grasp of most immigrants. Having worked in recruitment and human resources for over a decade in India, almost exclusively with global MNCs, my conclusion is that the labour market is small in Canada and opportunities limited. While that in itself may not have been a dealbreaker for all, after all immigrants are inherent risk takers who have left everything for a better future, what compounds the situation is the artificial barrier placed by employers on new job seekers in the guise of 'Canadian experience'. This is nothing but an euphemism for the existing white collar job holders (mostly white, no pun intended) to discredit your credentials and qualifications and so as to send you back to the end of the line, to start afresh. So do not be surprised if despite being a marketing professional with many years of global experience, you are asked to consider roles which you have done and dusted at the beginning of your career.

Start with survival jobs you say to bide your time and wait for the perfect opportunity to come by? Should not have been a problem if it was a level playing field with a fair selection process. As a new immigrant, you will be aghast to discover that while you will be asked to apply online for entry level jobs which require no skill or experience, the recruitment, even for these jobs, happen via the back door on the strength of references and more importantly, based on the community you belong to. Being an Indian, it was shocking to discover that one or two communities from my home country are running a parallel economy and your best chance to man the cash till at a Loblaws or Walmart is to belong to the right community. You will be further misguided by folks here who will assure you that using social media channels like linkedin and Indeed will help you crack the job market. I can assure you that people landing jobs via these alone are a statistical anomaly, and that people have better things to do than to meet you for so called 'coffee chats'. After you realize that all those hours and applications on Indeed was actually a BIG waste of time and that you are just another ignored job seeker in front of a computer screen, you will start looking at online classifieds like Kijiji and start visiting burger shops and coffee parlours to drop your resume. Do not be surprised if the owner beats around the bush for a while before asking you 'how old are you'?! That is another Canadian myth busted, that of equal opportunity regardless of colour race age etc etc etc

If you are so sold on this well perpetrated fraud that you don't mind the waiting, the fraudulent machinations of the Canadian government which is skilled in dangling the carrot to keep thousands hooked, come to Canada alone. Do not make the mistake of moving your family lock stock and barrel and putting them in a vulnerable situation. Whether you are in tech or otherwise, you will have to come to Toronto because that is where all the jobs are. You will be sold stories of how there are acts to protect the interest of tenants and other such nonsense but you will be brought crashing down to reality when you will be asked for a credit history in Canada, which as a new immigrant you will not have. Neither will you have a job to prove your ability to make rent. Then you will find one of your own countrymen coming to your aid and offering you a basement, with of course the mild inconvenience of paying 3-6 months rent upfront, so that your family can enjoy the Canadian winter in subterranean dwellings. Bereft of your savings that the Canadian government had enlisted at the application stage, you will gratefully accept whatever employment comes your way, even if its a few notches below the famed minimum wage.

I can go on and on but I am stopping here before I start frothing at the mouth. While many of these elements are not exactly unheard of in immigration narratives and could be written off as the initial trials and tribulations of emigrating to a foreign land, I was dumbstruck by the entrenched racism of the Canadian society. Mind you, nobody is going to call you a currymuncher or Paki on your face, but if you have an iota of self respect and awareness, you will realize how deeply entrenched this phenomenon is in Canada. Regardless of how well educated you are and how good your English is, when you open your mouth, all they see is a brown skinned man speaking a tongue in a manner which the white race does not quite associate with that skin colour. And if that does not get you, the wokeist society and their lying administration will
This post is not very far off from reality. And the reality is that if you are not in Tech getting a job may not be easy. Since a large population migrating to Canada is Indian tech folks people do not realize how hard it is to get a job in Canada in other functions / industries. The best thing is to immigrate to Canada from an internal transfer if possible.

Also, one of the biggest myth / stereotype that is propagated on this forum and elsewhere is that Canadians are "nice". In the end people are people and Canada has similar proportion of nice people to any other country. I would not say Canadians are any nicer to people from any other nation in the world.

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
I read this statement in the IRCC memo which was released in March 2022.
"FHS rounds which previously targeted CEC clients have been paused since Sept 20th, 2021. As of Dec 29th,2021 there are approximately 75000 FHS persons in the inventory, which is around 20,000 higher than the 55,900 admissions level for 2022. No new FHS intake is required for at least first half of 2022. Small rounds in late 2022 would be required to meet the 2023 levels."

Next update in their memo was "The current inventory of FHS clients remains sufficient to meet the category admission goals for 2022. There are approx 58000 persons in the FHS inventory with a planned admissions target of 55,900. Additionally there are over 21000 persons in the landing inventory with over 16,000 admissions to date in 2022". The department will be conducting generic round of FHS candidates every two weeks, which will be consistent with average number of invitations issued pre-pandemic " which is feel is based on qouta available (avged)

What this would mean is that 20,000-21000 additional inventory would count against the 75,000 FHS quota for 2023 as they probably wouldn’t admit them in 2022 , which means they only need to select 55,000 people for 2023 from FHS since they have 20-21k surplus. If you space out this quota between bi-weekly draws the avg number comes out to be 2000-2300 persons for next 12 months. If they did this one with 1500 surely they would have to increase the draw size somewhere to balance out but it won't be that big of a draw based on this assessment , or they would put this qouta(1000 every month to may be the TR/PR program to be released later) and assumption they continue doing bi-weekly draws.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
For the benefit of those who do not have first hand experience of the reality of the Canadian dream and are putting their lives on hold for what they think is a prize catch (read PR) I wanted to share my experience and observation after spending 3 months there, cutting my losses and coming back.

Apart from a handful of individuals trained in software and emerging technologies in data, the PR dream glorified by the media is a massive fraud perpetrated by the Canadian government, propped up by the blitz of the western media which is highly skilled in the art of projecting an aspirational lifestyle which will remain beyond the grasp of most immigrants. Having worked in recruitment and human resources for over a decade in India, almost exclusively with global MNCs, my conclusion is that the labour market is small in Canada and opportunities limited. While that in itself may not have been a dealbreaker for all, after all immigrants are inherent risk takers who have left everything for a better future, what compounds the situation is the artificial barrier placed by employers on new job seekers in the guise of 'Canadian experience'. This is nothing but an euphemism for the existing white collar job holders (mostly white, no pun intended) to discredit your credentials and qualifications and so as to send you back to the end of the line, to start afresh. So do not be surprised if despite being a marketing professional with many years of global experience, you are asked to consider roles which you have done and dusted at the beginning of your career.

Start with survival jobs you say to bide your time and wait for the perfect opportunity to come by? Should not have been a problem if it was a level playing field with a fair selection process. As a new immigrant, you will be aghast to discover that while you will be asked to apply online for entry level jobs which require no skill or experience, the recruitment, even for these jobs, happen via the back door on the strength of references and more importantly, based on the community you belong to. Being an Indian, it was shocking to discover that one or two communities from my home country are running a parallel economy and your best chance to man the cash till at a Loblaws or Walmart is to belong to the right community. You will be further misguided by folks here who will assure you that using social media channels like linkedin and Indeed will help you crack the job market. I can assure you that people landing jobs via these alone are a statistical anomaly, and that people have better things to do than to meet you for so called 'coffee chats'. After you realize that all those hours and applications on Indeed was actually a BIG waste of time and that you are just another ignored job seeker in front of a computer screen, you will start looking at online classifieds like Kijiji and start visiting burger shops and coffee parlours to drop your resume. Do not be surprised if the owner beats around the bush for a while before asking you 'how old are you'?! That is another Canadian myth busted, that of equal opportunity regardless of colour race age etc etc etc

If you are so sold on this well perpetrated fraud that you don't mind the waiting, the fraudulent machinations of the Canadian government which is skilled in dangling the carrot to keep thousands hooked, come to Canada alone. Do not make the mistake of moving your family lock stock and barrel and putting them in a vulnerable situation. Whether you are in tech or otherwise, you will have to come to Toronto because that is where all the jobs are. You will be sold stories of how there are acts to protect the interest of tenants and other such nonsense but you will be brought crashing down to reality when you will be asked for a credit history in Canada, which as a new immigrant you will not have. Neither will you have a job to prove your ability to make rent. Then you will find one of your own countrymen coming to your aid and offering you a basement, with of course the mild inconvenience of paying 3-6 months rent upfront, so that your family can enjoy the Canadian winter in subterranean dwellings. Bereft of your savings that the Canadian government had enlisted at the application stage, you will gratefully accept whatever employment comes your way, even if its a few notches below the famed minimum wage.

I can go on and on but I am stopping here before I start frothing at the mouth. While many of these elements are not exactly unheard of in immigration narratives and could be written off as the initial trials and tribulations of emigrating to a foreign land, I was dumbstruck by the entrenched racism of the Canadian society. Mind you, nobody is going to call you a currymuncher or Paki on your face, but if you have an iota of self respect and awareness, you will realize how deeply entrenched this phenomenon is in Canada. Regardless of how well educated you are and how good your English is, when you open your mouth, all they see is a brown skinned man speaking a tongue in a manner which the white race does not quite associate with that skin colour. And if that does not get you, the wokeist society and their lying administration will
To add to your point, I think canadian are fed up of immigration (they are just taking in people because there is simply no one to work blue collar jobs)

What you said is right getting survival job is harder yhan the other.

More than the color thing ,I think french language is a major player here .If you know french a lot of opportunities are there else No

Recruiters- this are the trashet people I have met ,I am not asking them for feedbacks ,but just send a damn automated rejection letter ,they don't even do that( this I got from indians)

Here employers are very demanding, as I mentioned in my previous post interviews are really hard.5 rounds for a job with an excel test,70 min first interview.....

But going to New country without connection I didn't expect things to be smooth

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
To add to your point, I think canadian are fed up of immigration (they are just taking in people because there is simply no one to work blue collar jobs)

What you said is right getting survival job is harder yhan the other.

More than the color thing ,I think french language is a major player here .If you know french a lot of opportunities are there else No

Recruiters- this are the trashet people I have met ,I am not asking them for feedbacks ,but just send a damn automated rejection letter ,they don't even do that( this I got from indians)

Here employers are very demanding, as I mentioned in my previous post interviews are really hard.5 rounds for a job with an excel test,70 min first interview.....

But going to New country without connection I didn't expect things to be smooth
How's supply chain in alberta? I know you are more of a data analyst but how's other supply chain stuff, like planning and proccurement?

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
How's supply chain in alberta? I know you are more of a data analyst but how's other supply chain stuff, like planning and proccurement?
It is not that hard to find a job and I am not a data analyst, I just know how to do that.I mainly have experience in lean six sigma to make my job easy I learned programming.
Procurement unless you have experience it is hard.
I have an interview for planner,I got more responses for planner
I will tell you one thing getting calls is one thing interviews are the issue they are so demanding.