FSW WORLDWIDE

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yes guys have a little hope lmfao

I swear people are incapable of learning. Draw size could be backlog related. But more likely it is related to the reduced size of of FHS altogether. Assuming a 6 month processing standard, we can say that they will accept applications for the 2023 quota until mid 2023. With one draw every two weeks that's 0.5*52*1500 = 39,000. FHS quota is 75k. That leaves around 35k. There is some talk of how TR2PR will be included in FHS.

Let's put these pieces together. What's more likely: Canada trying to logically reduce the backlog? Or are they trying to accomodate for for TR2PR which we already know will be announced in September?

Interesting how neatly it all adds up. They ruined immigration with TR2PR last year. Now they cut the overall quota in half. It's just a whimsical coincidence that 35k TR2PR would be a little under half of 90k from the last iteration, right?

But yeah have hope guyzzz god will help us!!11

Can draw sizes increase? Sure. Are they likely to? Not really.

Edit: To anyone who didn't follow my rage induced rant, overall quota was cut by half AND TR2PR is now part of FHS (unconfirmed, but likely). What this means is that to make room for TR2PR, FHS was actually to cut to 33% of the original value (it was originally around 120k, now it will be around 40k), and TR2PR will be cut by a little over half (it was originally 90k, now it's around 35k). So if we were to see biweekly draws of 1500, we would meet these numbers. We may even see a large draw once, but don't get excited. IMO that would signify an upcoming FST draw.
@mushymush please don't confuse the TR2PR quota with that of FHS.

For 2022 the TR2PR quota is 40,000, meaning all the 40k invited last year already have their place in the immigration plan of this year.

For 2023, the quota for TR2PR is already set at 32,000, this is what Sean Fraser has to fill and come up with a plan in September. None of them are part of the Express Entry and thus part of the FHS.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supplementary-immigration-levels-2022-2024.html

The 75k reserved to Federal High Skilled for 2023, which by the way can go up to 84k according to the immigration plan, is solely for FSW, CEC and FST.

PNPs have their own quota of 83k for 2022 and 86k for 2023.

I don't know what their plan is, but with the current draw size they will not fill the FHS quota for 2023, even if they let 15k of FSW applications currently in the backlog for next year.

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Yes guys have a little hope lmfao

I swear people are incapable of learning. Draw size could be backlog related. But more likely it is related to the reduced size of of FHS altogether. Assuming a 6 month processing standard, we can say that they will accept applications for the 2023 quota until mid 2023. With one draw every two weeks that's 0.5*52*1500 = 39,000. FHS quota is 75k. That leaves around 35k. There is some talk of how TR2PR will be included in FHS.

Let's put these pieces together. What's more likely: Canada trying to logically reduce the backlog? Or are they trying to accomodate for for TR2PR which we already know will be announced in September?

Interesting how neatly it all adds up. They ruined immigration with TR2PR last year. Now they cut the overall quota in half. It's just a whimsical coincidence that 35k TR2PR would be a little under half of 90k from the last iteration, right?

But yeah have hope guyzzz god will help us!!11

Can draw sizes increase? Sure. Are they likely to? Not really.

Edit: To anyone who didn't follow my rage induced rant, overall quota was cut by half AND TR2PR is now part of FHS (unconfirmed, but likely). What this means is that to make room for TR2PR, FHS was actually to cut to 33% of the original value (it was originally around 120k, now it will be around 40k), and TR2PR will be cut by a little over half (it was originally 90k, now it's around 35k). So if we were to see biweekly draws of 1500, we would meet these numbers. We may even see a large draw once, but don't get excited. IMO that would signify an upcoming FST draw.
This 1500 included PNP, but PNP does not take FHS quota. Not saying it’s unicorns and rainbows, but still.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime
D

Deleted member 1006777

@mushymush please don't confuse the TR2PR quota with that of FHS.

For 2022 the TR2PR quota is 40,000, meaning all the 40k invited last year already have their place in the immigration plan of this year.

For 2023, the quota for TR2PR is already set at 32,000, this is what Sean Fraser has to fill and come up with a plan in September. None of them are part of the Express Entry and thus part of the FHS.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supplementary-immigration-levels-2022-2024.html

The 75k reserved to Federal High Skilled for 2023, which by the way can go up to 84k according to the immigration plan, is solely for FSW, CEC and FST.

PNPs have their own quota of 83k for 2022 and 86k for 2023.

I don't know what their plan is, but with the current draw size they will not fill the FHS quota for 2023, even if they let 15k of FSW applications currently in the backlog for next year.
Do you have a source that says TR2PR won't infringe on the quota for FSW/CEC/FST?

You're right that PNPs have their own quota, I missed that.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Do you have a source that says TR2PR won't infringe on the quota for FSW/CEC/FST?

You're right that PNPs have their own quota, I missed that.
Its there in the link.

TR2PR are Federal Economic Public Policies*

*Includes the time-limited temporary public policies for temporary resident to permanent resident pathways, with all admissions anticipated by the end of 2023.

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
Its there in the link.

TR2PR are Federal Economic Public Policies*

*Includes the time-limited temporary public policies for temporary resident to permanent resident pathways, with all admissions anticipated by the end of 2023.
I have just one query. Correct me if I am wrong. Because I am not sure about it. Just guessing.
If we add up the TR2PR quota : 40000+32000, it sums up to 72000. Isnt the quota for 2022 and 2023 entirely for all the admissions they have already made last year and are currently in process through TR2PR?
Does anyone know how many applications they received in total for TR2PR ?

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You're absolutely right, I forgot that PNP has a separate 85k quota. So maybe we can see draws of upto 2k. Doesn't help that much, but you're right it's something.
We can definitely see an increase up to 2,500 for sure. 600 - 900 reserved for PNP.

Remember all the ITA sent now, will land at the earliest in January 2023, within the 6 month standard processing time, excluding some lucky ones.

Also, for the FST, I think they will conduct a draw the next day of a possible No Program specified. They will never pause a whole freaking month for a FST draw. So, if we would have All Program on Wednesday, we would have 1000 FST on Tuesday.

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
I have just one query. Correct me if I am wrong. Because I am not sure about it. Just guessing.
If we add up the TR2PR quota : 40000+32000, it sums up to 72000. Isnt the quota for 2022 and 2023 entirely for all the admissions they have already made last year and are currently in process through TR2PR?
Yes, I believe those numbers are for TR2PR2021. The quota to be craved out of FHS for the new TR2PR program remains to be seen.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

Look at the picture above.

They haven't utilized nor processed the TR2PR quota for 2022 yet. They have just checked the total number of applicants.

Sean Fraser will have to present a plan in September to utilized the 32k quota for 2023.

We don't give a flying f*ck what happens with them, we are part of Express Entry and they are NOT.

D

Deleted member 1006777

We can definitely see an increase up to 2,500 for sure. 600 - 900 reserved for PNP.

Remember all the ITA sent now, will land at the earliest in January 2023, within the 6 month standard processing time, excluding some lucky ones.

Also, for the FST, I think they will conduct a draw the next day of a possible No Program specified. They will never pause a whole freaking month for a FST draw. So, if we would have All Program on Wednesday, we would have 1000 FST on Tuesday.
What. They will 100% pause all program draws for a month to accomodate for FST. That's how they've always done it. Go to the rounds of invitation and check if you want. That gap is what prevented me from getting my ITA in 2019.

You're extrapolating from their PNP and CEC split to FST, but that doesn't make sense. They split all program draws into CEC and PNP. FST has always had separate draws which replaced all program draws 3-4 times a year.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Reactions: littlestar19

littlestar19

May 9, 2022

Look at the picture above.

They haven't utilized nor processed the TR2PR quota for 2022 yet. They have just checked the total number of applicants.

Sean Fraser will have to present a plan in September to utilized the 32k quota for 2023.

We don't give a flying f*ck what happens with them, we are part of Express Entry and they are NOT.
Then where were the 2021 TR2PR applicants ( around 70k approx) accomodated ? I believe the quota you highlighted above are to make space for those 70k applicants.
Dont know if I am wrong or I am not understanding. Can someone else shed light on this??
We need to know this. Because if thats the quota for previous admissions, then they will definitely accomodate the new ones out of FHS.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Then where were the 2021 TR2PR applicants ( around 70k approx) accomodated ? I believe the quota you highlighted above are to make space for those 70k applicants.
Dont know if I am wrong or I am not understanding. Can someone else shed light on this??
We need to know this. Because if thats the quota for previous admissions, then they will definitely accomodate the new ones out of FHS.
I'm too lazy to go do the math here. But here's the thing. It doesn't matter. My motto with Canada is always assume the worst and prepare accordingly. So having accurate information is meaningless becasue you can't do anything with that information. If you can, get your scores above 500. If you can't, then all you can do is wait. Log off this forum. Bonus points if you have the discipline to delete your account until you get the ITA (I don't).

Putting faith in Canada and their government will only lead to disappointment. Don't ever expect anything logical or fair from them.

Excuse my random gyaan. But Canada isn't worth it.

LoudMindedGuy

Jul 7, 2022
The Temporary Public Policies mentioned in this quota are indeed for the TR2PR Pathway implemented in 2021, these numbers represents the amount they are going to be admitting from those accepted applications, therefore, when the new pathway is announced in September, it will either unfortunately further reduce spots from the FHS quota, or add a separate category to the quota.

Under the immigration levels plan page, there's a link giving details to the public policy mentioned.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/trpr-international-graduates.html

It clearly mentions it's the public policy that came into effect May 6, 2021 until November 5, 2021.

In conclusion, we might see FHS targets further slashed down. I am hoping they just add more to the targets instead of slashing further from FHS, but IRCC and having hope don't seem to be things that go together.