+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

I don't know where you lived in US but one thing you are definitely going to hate is the cloudy weather.It is my 5th week in alberta, here Sunshine is very precious. I have seen sun may be 15 days and this is summer so I can just imagine what is winter.
I go and stand outside, just to get some Sunshine ,it sucks trust me.sometimes go for jogging in the afternoon just to get sun.
When I was a kid I thought white people were stupid trying to get sun ,now I don't give a damn about my skintone I just need to get some Sunshine.
The next room guy his vitamin d levels were crazy low and I thought he was 50 ,he is just 30.Trust me it is a huge issue here.
EU unless you are going to Spain/Italy (in terns of climate)it is going to be the same issues.
I was in Minneapolis. And no cloudy weather doesn't bother me haha. I vastly prefer it.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime
D

Deleted member 1006777

Oh my, having someone in my family allergic to UVB, this actually sounds good. We do take vitamin D supplements all the time..
I never knew you could be allergic to UVB rays. That's insane. And I have bad news, cloudy weather doesn't reduce the intensity of UVB in a given area. There's some conflicting evidence, but in some cases, cloudy actually increases UVB intensity.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I was in Minneapolis. And no cloudy weather doesn't bother me haha. I vastly prefer it.
About leaving canada ,here there is a small issue in order to get a passport on an average it will take 3-5 yrs ,now in 5 yrs you will be settled here ,from what you are saying you should be in your late 20s or early 30s ,at 35 shifting nations is not easy especially if you have kids and more over inorder to qualify for pension plan you should pay taxes atleast 12 yrs .So basically you are not reaping the full benefits of your struggle.
After 12 yrs leaving May make sense that too to US because of proximity.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I'm only speculating, but yeah I think 508 will happen by September.

Note that this is only IF draw sizes remain at 1500 (likely) and they have consistent all program draws every two weeks (somewhat unlikely). If draw sizes increase (almost impossible) you'll get an ITA earlier. If biweekly draws are interrupted for CEC or FST draws (I expect at least one break for FST), the wait may be longer. I hope I'm wrong about all of this, but I doubt I will be.
Aren't FST breaks typically outside of the general 2 week draws? As in, they don't happen at the 2 week interval. They happen a day or two after the general draw?

D

Deleted member 1006777

About leaving canada ,here there is a small issue in order to get a passport on an average it will take 3-5 yrs ,now in 5 yrs you will be settled here ,from what you are saying you should be in your late 20s or early 30s ,at 35 shifting nations is not easy especially if you have kids and more over inorder to qualify for pension plan you should pay taxes atleast 12 yrs .So basically you are not reaping the full benefits of your struggle.
After 12 yrs leaving May make sense that too to US because of proximity.
I have moved my entire life. Never had a place I felt home. Ironically, I did in the US before I was kicked out. I won't settle for at least another decade. None of what you said bothers me to be honest.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Aren't FST breaks typically outside of the general 2 week draws? As in, they don't happen at the 2 week interval. They happen a day or two after the general draw?
Nope. They happen in place of a regular draw. If there is an FST draw that week, historically there won't be an all program draw. The specific day the draw happens during the week is irrelevant.

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
I never knew you could be allergic to UVB rays. That's insane. And I have bad news, cloudy weather doesn't reduce the intensity of UVB in a given area. There's some conflicting evidence, but in some cases, cloudy actually increases UVB intensity.
Thanks, I guess hopefully the temperature is lower. Where we are living now it’s sunny and these days constantly above 35 celsius 10AM-4PM. It does make things worse.

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
I'm only speculating, but yeah I think 508 will happen by September.

Note that this is only IF draw sizes remain at 1500 (likely) and they have consistent all program draws every two weeks (somewhat unlikely). If draw sizes increase (almost impossible) you'll get an ITA earlier. If biweekly draws are interrupted for CEC or FST draws (I expect at least one break for FST), the wait may be longer. I hope I'm wrong about all of this, but I doubt I will be.
Already dedicated past 2-3 yrs for seeing this day!! All my hopes in vain now ! Dont see ITA even eventually coming for myself! Dont know how many more months/ years I will waste for this shit. Hope I learn the lesson this time . .

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
Already dedicated past 2-3 yrs for seeing this day!! All my hopes in vain now ! Dont see ITA even eventually coming for myself! Dont know how many more months/ years I will waste for this shit. Hope I learn the lesson this time . .
Remember there is a steady 700-1000 PNP candidates each draw. So in fact if the draw size remains at 1500, there will be only approx. 500-800 quota for FSW/CEC/FST each draw. Considering as of July 6 there are more than 8000 people in the pool with CRS 501-600, I mean, do the math, you will find September being a long shot. This is also ignoring the increasing number of candidates at 501-600 level, which on average is 300-400 per 2 weeks recently.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
For the benefit of those who do not have first hand experience of the reality of the Canadian dream and are putting their lives on hold for what they think is a prize catch (read PR) I wanted to share my experience and observation after spending 3 months there, cutting my losses and coming back.

Apart from a handful of individuals trained in software and emerging technologies in data, the PR dream glorified by the media is a massive fraud perpetrated by the Canadian government, propped up by the blitz of the western media which is highly skilled in the art of projecting an aspirational lifestyle which will remain beyond the grasp of most immigrants. Having worked in recruitment and human resources for over a decade in India, almost exclusively with global MNCs, my conclusion is that the labour market is small in Canada and opportunities limited. While that in itself may not have been a dealbreaker for all, after all immigrants are inherent risk takers who have left everything for a better future, what compounds the situation is the artificial barrier placed by employers on new job seekers in the guise of 'Canadian experience'. This is nothing but an euphemism for the existing white collar job holders (mostly white, no pun intended) to discredit your credentials and qualifications and so as to send you back to the end of the line, to start afresh. So do not be surprised if despite being a marketing professional with many years of global experience, you are asked to consider roles which you have done and dusted at the beginning of your career.

Start with survival jobs you say to bide your time and wait for the perfect opportunity to come by? Should not have been a problem if it was a level playing field with a fair selection process. As a new immigrant, you will be aghast to discover that while you will be asked to apply online for entry level jobs which require no skill or experience, the recruitment, even for these jobs, happen via the back door on the strength of references and more importantly, based on the community you belong to. Being an Indian, it was shocking to discover that one or two communities from my home country are running a parallel economy and your best chance to man the cash till at a Loblaws or Walmart is to belong to the right community. You will be further misguided by folks here who will assure you that using social media channels like linkedin and Indeed will help you crack the job market. I can assure you that people landing jobs via these alone are a statistical anomaly, and that people have better things to do than to meet you for so called 'coffee chats'. After you realize that all those hours and applications on Indeed was actually a BIG waste of time and that you are just another ignored job seeker in front of a computer screen, you will start looking at online classifieds like Kijiji and start visiting burger shops and coffee parlours to drop your resume. Do not be surprised if the owner beats around the bush for a while before asking you 'how old are you'?! That is another Canadian myth busted, that of equal opportunity regardless of colour race age etc etc etc

If you are so sold on this well perpetrated fraud that you don't mind the waiting, the fraudulent machinations of the Canadian government which is skilled in dangling the carrot to keep thousands hooked, come to Canada alone. Do not make the mistake of moving your family lock stock and barrel and putting them in a vulnerable situation. Whether you are in tech or otherwise, you will have to come to Toronto because that is where all the jobs are. You will be sold stories of how there are acts to protect the interest of tenants and other such nonsense but you will be brought crashing down to reality when you will be asked for a credit history in Canada, which as a new immigrant you will not have. Neither will you have a job to prove your ability to make rent. Then you will find one of your own countrymen coming to your aid and offering you a basement, with of course the mild inconvenience of paying 3-6 months rent upfront, so that your family can enjoy the Canadian winter in subterranean dwellings. Bereft of your savings that the Canadian government had enlisted at the application stage, you will gratefully accept whatever employment comes your way, even if its a few notches below the famed minimum wage.

I can go on and on but I am stopping here before I start frothing at the mouth. While many of these elements are not exactly unheard of in immigration narratives and could be written off as the initial trials and tribulations of emigrating to a foreign land, I was dumbstruck by the entrenched racism of the Canadian society. Mind you, nobody is going to call you a currymuncher or Paki on your face, but if you have an iota of self respect and awareness, you will realize how deeply entrenched this phenomenon is in Canada. Regardless of how well educated you are and how good your English is, when you open your mouth, all they see is a brown skinned man speaking a tongue in a manner which the white race does not quite associate with that skin colour. And if that does not get you, the wokeist society and their lying administration will
What the F