+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
There has never been an exclusive FSW draw. It has either been all programs-inclusive draw or CEC only draw.

You won't have to make that choice. If you get an invite, accept and submit your documents. In either case, don't reject an invitation. There are people on this forum who declined the last FSW draw in December 2020 and are yet to receive an invitation.
Alright, makes sense , thanks. Just didn’t know about this and I just saw a faq on CIC which matches your advise here. Hopefully with 508 I can make it and when I created the profile in Nov 2021 there were only 2500 people within 500-600 range and now it’s 7000+ lol

Last edited:

Trayceee

Star Member
Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
Oct 19,2023
AOR Received.
November 17,2023
I know this is not the grandparents and parents forum but I think u guys could be of some help. My sister is sponsoring my mother. Documents submitted in December. We got a request from ircc to complete the IMM 5406 form FOR principal applicant and all dependents 18 and over. My step father is on the application and is listed as a dependent. Should I also submit and a IMM 5406 form ? NOTE I am over 22 and is not dependent on my mother. And I am not included in the filing? I tried searching online but no clear information is seen

hamhk202

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Guys, how many files could be uploaded in work history? I mean that can I upload two or three files for example if I have different periods of working and multiple organizations?

Last edited:

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Alright, makes sense , thanks. Just didn’t know about this and I just saw a faq on CIC which matches your advise here. Hopefully with 508 I can make it and when I created the profile in Nov 2021 there were only 2500 people within 500-600 range and now it’s 7000+ lol
They will probably reach up to 8,000 people with a score of 501+ by July the 6th.

Don't reject that ITA, at this moment its gold.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I have a question and I am not sure how this thing works but here it is:
I have a CRS score of 508 and I am eligible in both FSW and CEC.
Assuming the first draw which occurs is FSW and I get an ITA which I don’t accept or decline since you have some days to do it and then let’s assume 2 weeks later there’s a CEC draw , will I get an ITA for that also or in order to get the ITA for CEC I have to decline the ITA for FSW first before the CEC draw occurs?
Reason: I want to apply in CEC vs FSW in case the 2nd draw is CEC.
Your thoughts?
Take the first ITA you receive and don't look back.

Like others said, there never was a FSW only draw. They might change it, yes, but I don't see it.

Whatever your reasons are to prefer CEC route to FSW, just take the first ITA and run. There are plenty of horror stories of people who declined their ITA because "the next one will come in a few weeks"... and those weeks are yet to arrive.

Technically, though, I am not sure how things are handled: do you get erased from the EE poll when you receive ITA but before you decline it? Would they invite someone again if they already have a pending invitation? (In your hypothetical situation of "new draw happens while I still have time to decide whether to accept or not").

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a question and I am not sure how this thing works but here it is:
I have a CRS score of 508 and I am eligible in both FSW and CEC.
Assuming the first draw which occurs is FSW and I get an ITA which I don’t accept or decline since you have some days to do it and then let’s assume 2 weeks later there’s a CEC draw , will I get an ITA for that also or in order to get the ITA for CEC I have to decline the ITA for FSW first before the CEC draw occurs?
Reason: I want to apply in CEC vs FSW in case the 2nd draw is CEC.
Your thoughts?
IMO - you are crazy to play games like this. There are people who tried stuff like this a few years ago only to have the draws stop without warning and end up screwed having already declined their first ITA. You have no idea what IRCC has planned. Take the first ITA you get and submit your application.

To answer your questions, there are no FSW specific draws. Draws will either be general (including FSW and CEC) or CEC specific. We don't know which or if there will be both. If you happen to be invited as a FSW applicant, you will need to decline that ITA before you can receive ITA under CEC. You can't hold on to one ITA for insurance and then hope you get a second one.

Again, I think you'd be nuts not to take the first ITA you get. But your life and I guess it depends how important PR is to you.

arbutuscult

Star Member
Sep 16, 2021
Hey guys,
Anybody know How bad Service Canada line ups are these days? I'm hearing some horror stories.
I'm landing this Saturday, so I'm planning to do a walk-in on Monday for a SIN application. I'll be in Vancouver.
Is it possible to make an appointment before landing?

D

Deleted member 994371

Hey guys,
Anybody know How bad Service Canada line ups are these days? I'm hearing some horror stories.
I'm landing this Saturday, so I'm planning to do a walk-in on Monday for a SIN application. I'll be in Vancouver.
Is it possible to make an appointment before landing?

I just scored an appointment in probably the busiest service Canada center in Ontario from my home country.

Go to this link:

https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/

Fill out the form. Instead of choosing Outside Canada as your Country, choose Canada and then choose the province you are going to land in.

Give your home country number. They will still call you. Book one month in advance. Tell them the date of your landing and where exactly you will land.

The first time someone called they refused to give me an appointment and were very rude. The second time I filled out the form I was fortunate enough to speak to a sweet woman and she helped me book an appointment near the place I will be staying. Without the appointment, I would have to wait at least 6 hours in the queue. So be persistent, if it doesn't work out the first time, fill out the form again.