+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I didn't know bed bugs are contagious. Will have to mind for them.

Are bed bugs common in North America? We don't have them where I live, or at least I have never come across them in my life.
Yes they are, very common, especially in big cities.

If they infect the house, its almost impossible to get rid of them. Thats why I left everything behind.

D

Deleted member 994371

Yes they are, very common, especially in big cities.

If they infect the house, its almost impossible to get rid of them. Thats why I left everything behind.

I guess I'll check for them before moving in a room or hotel here. I bet they are hard to find as well.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I guess I'll check for them before moving in a room or hotel here. I bet they are hard to find as well.
No, easy to spot.

In the middle of the night, get up and remove all blankets from the mattress (their preferred home), if you don't see anything, all is good.

I think they are smart too, they can sense when you are asleep or when your body's temperature has fallen so they come out.

Fiji_Islander

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
I didn't know bed bugs are contagious. Will have to mind for them.

Are bed bugs common in North America? We don't have them where I live, or at least I have never come across them in my life.
Me too bro, never seen one in my life. Had to Google image them. What causes them, poor hygiene?
Interesting enough, the images that go with bed bug bites are all white bodies lol.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hmm the apt that I lived after the hurricane Harvey had bed bugs ,I didn't know what it was my back and my arms were red in color and I am scratching like crazy then later I googled and understood they are nothing more than bedbugs, my Indian roommate said hey it is nothing you are just imagining things,stayed in that home for a month as I was on a real tight budget.
After that took my clothes everything put on sunlight for 3 days so that they will go ,sprayed bug killer on the corners, reported to the management for pest control. Finally I kicked them out of my life.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
New immigrant assimilates into Canadian culture by moving to the US

TORONTO – Karim Dabi, a recent immigrant to Canada, became an inspiration to the local new immigrant community by achieving the Canadian dream of landing a role at a tech startup in Austin,Texas

Dabi, who moved here as a professional engineer to pursue his masters at U of T admitted that living with 3 roommates because of an overinflated real estate market and a stagnant wage trend did remind him of being back at home. However, the competitive Austin salary – along with the outlandish fever dream of actually affording a home while keeping all his organs intact – just seemed too good of an offer to turn down.

The Canadian new immigrant community, who are often ostracized for not immediately assimilating into Canadian culture and financial markets, hope that stories like Dabi’s can help shed a light on how they can be as Canadian as anyone.

Still, this story is not without its detractors who believe immigrants should not be stealing jobs that Canadians stole from Americans in the first place.

“Taking high paying American tech jobs is a Canadian birthright and American corporations who prioritize profits over American jobs should not do that same thing to Canadians” said Gordie McCaull, of Regina.

On reflection, Dabi mentioned his struggles as an immigrant to Canada. “I took concerted efforts to try to be more Canadian, doing everything from trying to play hockey to coercing myself into having a superiority complex over the United States. Still, I feel I found my answer when this opportunity came along, since moving to the states to earn a living in US dollars is as Canadian as maple syrup!”

On his future plans to come back, Dabi said he would try to assimilate into American culture by moving to Canada only when he’s dissatisfied by their election results.
This hits too close to home

"masters at U of T admitted that living with 3 roommates because of an overinflated real estate market and a stagnant wage trend did remind him of being back at home"

"outlandish fever dream of actually affording a home while keeping all his organs intact"

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hmm the apt that I lived after the hurricane Harvey had bed bugs ,I didn't know what it was my back and my arms were red in color and I am scratching like crazy then later I googled and understood they are nothing more than bedbugs, my Indian roommate said hey it is nothing you are just imagining things,stayed in that home for a month as I was on a real tight budget.
After that took my clothes everything put on sunlight for 3 days so that they will go ,sprayed bug killer on the corners, reported to the management for pest control. Finally I kicked them out of my life.
Can't believe that this is a first world country problem.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
As a problem, it should be addressed more. I mean to the point of total extermination.

Those bed bugs are after your blood, and seeing you can actually get infected if by chance they have bitten a previous sick person, it really is a point of concern.

You have not experienced it, but you have no idea the stress it brings into your head the thought of getting infected randonmly by a freaking bed bug.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
As a problem, it should be addressed more. I mean to the point of total extermination.

Those bed bugs are after your blood, and seeing you can actually get infected if by chance they have bitten a previous sick person, it really is a point of concern.

You have not experienced it, but you have no idea the stress it brings into your head the thought of getting infected randonmly by a freaking bed bug.
a meteor hit isn't gonna solve this. how about burning the whole house to get rid of these bugs. i am serious bro. cause from google search i believe, bringing in the bug hunters fails when it comes to these bed bugs. : (

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I left london, went to windsor because I got a job offer here. I'll start Monday. Its a boring city. I'm quite irritated with here lol. Just failed the drive test because I was going slow(it was raining like crazy and was hard to see). There was one point he said the limit is 50, so I should be doing at least that. Oh how I wished I had recorded that so I could sue.
Do you have a US visa? Come to Detroit for a weekend bro.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Reactions: dankboi

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Can't believe that this is a first world country problem.
The climate I guess is the reason. Never saw it in Brazil, but have dealt with it in US and Canada. It’s more common in shared spaces or temporary rentals, since people come and go and it just needs one to bring them in.