+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hmm getting an accommodation is tough,if nothing works out I will call my braddeer @navinball for 1 bedroom in the basement with 4 students and home cooked meals.i hope he won't as me to do chores ,knowing him I will get his valuable advice on my future
On subjects like finding jobs,collecting free govt checks...cost cutting measures...

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
My turn to share the good news. Received the "Ready for Visa" email yesterday. Shipped out the courier parcel to receive the CoPR to Ottawa today.

I've experienced a range of emotions since. First was feeling quite celebratory, and followed with a huge relief that the waiting was finally over and I am approved. Also feeling a bit of dread of all the paperwork and planning of the many tasks I need to do to get from where I am now, to actually being moved and settled in Canada.

But of course I cannot forget about how frustrating this whole process has been. If you would have told me over 2 years ago that this journey would have taken this long - that would have been just fine. Totally fine. I can manage the expectations, as long as they are somewhat accurate. But the lack of communication from IRCC through this whole ordeal has been emotionally and mentally draining. I'm glad I'm (mostly) past this unknown waiting game.

Best of luck to the rest of you. Really hope FSW draws resume as promised, and the service time expectations becomes meaningful once again to ya'll. See you on the otherside!
Congrats man

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hmm getting an accommodation is tough,if nothing works out I will call my braddeer @navinball for 1 bedroom in the basement with 4 students and home cooked meals.i hope he won't as me to do chores ,knowing him I will get his valuable advice on my future
Are you going alone? If yes, then getting a room is actually the best choice until you get credit. The places that will accept you without credit or history overcharges. If you are going with someone then you could look at rental providers. There are companies that help you get approved in rentals, without history. I know a few that went to Calgary like that, but like I said, you will be overpaying.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
On subjects like finding jobs,collecting free govt checks...cost cutting measures...
You mean "1 bed space", right?

• Haha
Reactions: AlmostThere2

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Unless you get a job there earning 100k+, it’s not really worth it. Can you live with less? Yes, but it’s not worth it.
Yeah that is why I am not preferring there ,I heard from someone 1 bhk cost 700k ,I was like really? He says even with 100k 30 % go for taxes ,so not much hope there ,that is why chose Alberta.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
My turn to share the good news. Received the "Ready for Visa" email yesterday. Shipped out the courier parcel to receive the CoPR to Ottawa today.

I've experienced a range of emotions since. First was feeling quite celebratory, and followed with a huge relief that the waiting was finally over and I am approved. Also feeling a bit of dread of all the paperwork and planning of the many tasks I need to do to get from where I am now, to actually being moved and settled in Canada.

But of course I cannot forget about how frustrating this whole process has been. If you would have told me over 2 years ago that this journey would have taken this long - that would have been just fine. Totally fine. I can manage the expectations, as long as they are somewhat accurate. But the lack of communication from IRCC through this whole ordeal has been emotionally and mentally draining. I'm glad I'm (mostly) past this unknown waiting game.

Best of luck to the rest of you. Really hope FSW draws resume as promised, and the service time expectations becomes meaningful once again to ya'll. See you on the otherside!
Congrats Bro!!!!!!!!!! We all know that feeling. Glad the brutal wait and uncertainty is behind you now though.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Are you going alone? If yes, then getting a room is actually the best choice until you get credit. The places that will accept you without credit or history overcharges. If you are going with someone then you could look at rental providers. There are companies that help you get approved in rentals, without history. I know a few that went to Calgary like that, but like I said, you will be overpaying.
My plan is this I booked an air bnb for a month ,search for a room like you said and eventually move to a bigger place.@Alysson how is London?

WPGBound

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Congrats!

I went through a range of emotions too as mine drew towards a conclusion but mentally prepared myself to only look forward. Our experiences, however, will shape us in how we vote once we become citizens.

Any forever IP2s left?
Regarding voting, true. But also remember that the alternative candidates aren't necessarily an improvement just because they're different.

forever IP2? My GC portal still is showing a bunch of stuff "in progress". So I think so?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
no problem pranit!, our buddy stiretto already paid the first , last month and deposit along with 10 post dated cheques for his bunk bed.
i gothcha covered.

• Haha
Reactions: dankboi and Alysson
D

Deleted member 994371

no problem pranit!, our buddy stiretto already paid the first , last month and deposit along with 10 post dated cheques for his bunk bed.
i gothcha covered.

It was awfully kind of you to presume that my cheques won't bounce, sir. Only one immigrant can trust another immigrant.

I am not saying my cheques won't bounce, but still. I appreciate the gesture.