+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
At this rate, Winnipeg and Calgary are gonna be overwhelmed by this windfall of new immigrants just from this forum.

Apart from the extra 10k in rent (and 2k in car insurance if you have one) annually, I really don't see too much difference in the cost of living between Toronto and Calgary/Winnipeg. I assume that for most NOC related jobs, they would take into account the cost of living and offset this.

nemo123

Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got PPR. Cant believe they processed file so fast and quickly. Following are my Details

AOR July 2020
Medicals and biometrics passed Sept 2020
File approved in Jan 2021
Long Silence thereafter
Did upfront Medicals Mar 2022
Got Medical Request and ADR for PCC and Schedule A Apr 25, 2020
Medical updated and ADR submitted May 14 2020
PPR May 26 2022
COR Pakistan
VO Ottawa

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
My plan is this I booked an air bnb for a month ,search for a room like you said and eventually move to a bigger place.@Alysson how is London?
I left london, went to windsor because I got a job offer here. I'll start Monday. Its a boring city. I'm quite irritated with here lol. Just failed the drive test because I was going slow(it was raining like crazy and was hard to see). There was one point he said the limit is 50, so I should be doing at least that. Oh how I wished I had recorded that so I could sue.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
At this rate, Winnipeg and Calgary are gonna be overwhelmed by this windfall of new immigrants just from this forum.

Apart from the extra 10k in rent (and 2k in car insurance if you have one) annually, I really don't see too much difference in the cost of living between Toronto and Calgary/Winnipeg. I assume that for most NOC related jobs, they would take into account the cost of living and offset this.
I am not sure about that ,I haven't even heard about someone who wants to settle in Alberta.
But from the group Indians in Calgary I can say a lot of people are moving from torronto to Calgary.
The main reason most don't go to Alberta is simply lack of jobs except oil and gas and weather.but the city is growing ,but I don't think Alberta will be Ontario atleast in the next 10 yrs

Reactions: RSub

yz1525

Star Member
Apr 29, 2022
Hi guys, I was requested to do remedical early this month. However, I couldn't complete it within the 30-day time limit due to lockdown in my city. I now wonder whether I can still do it after 30 days. Will it get normally processed if time limit has been exceeded? Or do I wait for further instructions from CIC?
Thanks.

D

Deleted member 994371

New immigrant assimilates into Canadian culture by moving to the US

TORONTO – Karim Dabi, a recent immigrant to Canada, became an inspiration to the local new immigrant community by achieving the Canadian dream of landing a role at a tech startup in Austin,Texas

Dabi, who moved here as a professional engineer to pursue his masters at U of T admitted that living with 3 roommates because of an overinflated real estate market and a stagnant wage trend did remind him of being back at home. However, the competitive Austin salary – along with the outlandish fever dream of actually affording a home while keeping all his organs intact – just seemed too good of an offer to turn down.

The Canadian new immigrant community, who are often ostracized for not immediately assimilating into Canadian culture and financial markets, hope that stories like Dabi’s can help shed a light on how they can be as Canadian as anyone.

Still, this story is not without its detractors who believe immigrants should not be stealing jobs that Canadians stole from Americans in the first place.

“Taking high paying American tech jobs is a Canadian birthright and American corporations who prioritize profits over American jobs should not do that same thing to Canadians” said Gordie McCaull, of Regina.

On reflection, Dabi mentioned his struggles as an immigrant to Canada. “I took concerted efforts to try to be more Canadian, doing everything from trying to play hockey to coercing myself into having a superiority complex over the United States. Still, I feel I found my answer when this opportunity came along, since moving to the states to earn a living in US dollars is as Canadian as maple syrup!”

On his future plans to come back, Dabi said he would try to assimilate into American culture by moving to Canada only when he’s dissatisfied by their election results.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Please tell me they either refunded or gave you another place to live.
I honestly was too tired to bother. It was already kinda scammy. I had rented one place, and the homeowner claimed the other person renting got sick and so I couldn't stay there, so she sent me to somewhere else, which was basically a room in her house. I've seen reviews of other bait and switch cases like this in London, so watch out what you rent.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
I am not sure about that ,I haven't even heard about someone who wants to settle in Alberta.
But from the group Indians in Calgary I can say a lot of people are moving from torronto to Calgary.
The main reason most don't go to Alberta is simply lack of jobs except oil and gas and weather.but the city is growing ,but I don't think Alberta will be Ontario atleast in the next 10 yrs
I'm guessing the ones moving either work in oil/gas or work in jobs which pay the same regardless of location. If someone gets an NOC related job in Toronto, they most likely wouldn't give it a miss.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Lol, the airbnb I stayed at London had bed bugs. It seems to be common thing in these shared locations.
Bed bugs are my absolute nightmare. There is't enough fire in the world to burn them.

An apartement I was staying in New York got infected with them. What an absolute hell. I couldn't move out of the apartement because I became sick with fever and cold (during the fucking summer), so lived with them for about 10 days.

Insomnia stroke me, I couldnt' sleep during the nights and the room was lighted the whole time because those motherf*ckers move during night time. I closed my eyes one night for ten minutes and as soon as I opened them I saw a bed bug on my shorts, freaking disgusting.

When I left, I had to take a pair of clothes, go to the dry cleaning, clean them up, dress them and move out. All my clothes were discarded because those suckers multiply pretty damn fast and you could see the babies everywhere. Took only my cash, phone, laptop and perfume, nothing else.

Lost about $1500 in clothes and sneakers due to them.

D

Deleted member 994371

Bed bugs are my absolute nightmare. There is't enough fire in the world to burn them.

An apartement I was staying in New York got infected with them. What an absolute hell. I couldn't move out of the apartement because I became sick with fever and cold (during the fucking summer), so lived with them for about 10 days.

Insomnia stroke me, I couldnt' sleep during the nights and the room was lighted the whole time because those motherf*ckers move during night time. I closed my eyes one night for ten minutes and as soon as I opened them I saw a bed bug on my shorts, freaking disgusting.

When I left, I had to take a pair of clothes, go to the dry cleaning, clean them up, dress them and move out. All my clothes were discarded because those suckers multiply pretty damn fast and you could see the babies everywhere. Took only my cash, phone, laptop and perfume, nothing else.

Lost about $1500 in clothes and sneakers due to them.

I didn't know bed bugs are contagious. Will have to mind for them.

Are bed bugs common in North America? We don't have them where I live, or at least I have never come across them in my life.