Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
How're you going to demonstrate non-immigrant intent on a TN visa without strong ties to Canada? You'd likely need to own a house in Canada and show you intend to return back there.
I never thought about it, but I am sure hundreds of thousands have already moved to US on TN visa and they all lied about their intent especially Indians. But, I will try to stay away from TN visa (Given certain restrictions) and I will try L1 visa which is better any day.

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
I never thought about it, but I am sure hundreds of thousands have already moved to US on TN visa and they all lied about their intent especially Indians. But, I will try to stay away from TN visa (Given certain restrictions) and I will try L1 visa which is better any day.
Good call, the L1 is dual intent so that's the way to go. I intend to settle permanently in Canada so won't be going back to the US except on Business trips or tourism. Lived, studied and worked here eight years now, that's long enough.

Reactions: RSub

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Good call, the L1 is dual intent so that's the way to go. I intend to settle permanently in Canada so won't be going back to the US except on Business trips or tourism. Lived, studied and worked here eight years now, that's long enough.
Same here, but I don't see living in Canada long term would be sustainable. Housing price is one big reason why I may leave.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Make sure you get the right one. L1B is hell. L1A is heaven. (For Indians/Chinese).

Reactions: RSub
D

Deleted member 1050918

Any kind of semi-decent place in Shanghai costs more than that (per sqft) :D And by decent I mean pleb standards like my own.
$800k for 1 bedroom apt or $4m for a detached house is affordable. Canada has a great real estate affordability especially in Vancouver in Toronto. Considering that immigrants are strategically invited by IRCC and find skilled employment within 4 weeks with big pay cheques, it's no surprise young people of Vancouver and Toronto are having easy time buying homes.

• Haha
Reactions: oinkario

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Nah not spending more cash on ircc. Called instead and the agent said eligibility recommended passed and background not started. No issues noted on file...no due date indicated by officer...just gotta wait :)

I'm in a whatsapp group of atleast 25 people who got adrs in Feb and 1st week of March....so yeah...there should be way more like us

EdIt: i like how you still expect anything canada immigration to make sense after what we've been through these past 2 years
Due date in GCMS doesn’t mean anything. It is just a placeholder.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
I have prepared my documents for UK’s new work visa (HPI) program opening in ~1.5 months. Now it’s a race of getting PPR vs. packing up for England and updating CoR.

Kind of desperate to at least secure a (work-able) visa out of my current CoR before it turns into another Russia/Ukraine/USSR-like situation.
Good strategy. When you get HPI visa you only have 90 days to land in England.

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Good strategy. When you get HPI visa you only have 90 days to land in England.
Oh wow, I can afford the 90-day window but didn't know it. Thanks, it'll definitely help me plan my application.
BTW where did you find this information? I wonder what else I could be missing.