+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
Really bad luck. I remember one of the members here got an ITA in the last FSW draw in Dec 2020, he rejected it because he had some inconsequential mistake on his EE profile, hoping to correct it before the next draw. I hope he is okay now.
and all those false rumours about having to reject an ITA because ‘its not 3 years of work experience until its 1095 days’ has probably also contributed to a lot of heartbreak. literally, why would IRCC extend ITAs to people who don’t make the cut and expect them to reject it? as a test of faith? IRCC is well aware that there are people that don’t necessarily start working somewhere at the start of a month, but in GCMS notes, it clearly shows that employment period is calculated in months instead of days or weeks. lots of people have been rejecting ITAs based on this false rumour for years, and it’s perpetuated by people on r/immigrationcanada continuing to propagate this bad information

Reactions: wonderbly

cef09

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
CEC
and all those false rumours about having to reject an ITA because ‘its not 3 years of work experience until its 1095 days’ has probably also contributed to a lot of heartbreak. literally, why would IRCC extend ITAs to people who don’t make the cut and expect them to reject it? as a test of faith? IRCC is well aware that there are people that don’t necessarily start working somewhere at the start of a month, but in GCMS notes, it clearly shows that employment period is calculated in months instead of days or weeks. lots of people have been rejecting ITAs based on this false rumour for years, and it’s perpetuated by people on r/immigrationcanada continuing to propagate this bad information
IRCC extended an ITA because the applicant filled up the form and said that they have 3 years of work experience. I don't see anything wrong with that? I believe it's the applicant's responsibility to make sure everything in the form and whatever they are submitting is accurate and true. (The applicant is even reminded that when they finalize their EE profile submission).

That's very anecdotal evidence.

It literally says it here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html on how work experience is calculated.

• at least 1 year of continuous workor 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)—you can meet this in a few different ways:
    • full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
    • equal amount in part-time work:for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
      • You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement
    • full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
If an applicant slipped through the cracks on this requirement, then they got lucky. If the applicant was called out then they can't contest anything because they, in fact, did not have 3 years of work experience imo.

Reactions: WPGBound

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Is this language about a medical exam backlog new?

I've seen that before. It's newish (maybe last week?). I think its actually a good sign lol. They are probably issuing so many remedicals for old applications now and they have a backlog for that. It also could mean "don't bug me. You got your ADR after 2 years so shut up and wait months more". Who knows with this maple leaf country

Last edited:
Reactions: WPGBound

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
IRCC extended an ITA because the applicant filled up the form and said that they have 3 years of work experience. I don't see anything wrong with that? I believe it's the applicant's responsibility to make sure everything in the form and whatever they are submitting is accurate and true. (The applicant is even reminded that when they finalize their EE profile submission).

That's very anecdotal evidence.

It literally says it here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers.html on how work experience is calculated.

If an applicant slipped through the cracks on this requirement, then they got lucky. If the applicant was called out then they can't contest anything because they, in fact, did not have 3 years of work experience imo.
This is a very common issue, not a once off incident.
IRCC themselves have confirmed (on several tweets) that they do send ITA to applicant one month before their work experience eligibility is reached (i.e. 11th month instead of complete 12 months). They advice that applicant can either hold on to the ITA till the 12th month, or they can decline and wait if they want.

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Really bad luck. I remember one of the members here got an ITA in the last FSW draw in Dec 2020, he rejected it because he had some inconsequential mistake on his EE profile, hoping to correct it before the next draw. I hope he is okay now.
Positive me says he went fck it and went for Australia/USA/Europe if he's qualified. 1.5 years is a lot of time waiting for a draw (especially after a prior rejection) and that's what i'd do if I was in that position tbh

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I've seen that before. It's newish (maybe last week?). I think its actually a good sign lol. They are probably issuing so many remedicals for old applications now that they have a backlog for that. It also could mean "don't bug me. You got your ADR after 2 years so shut up and wait months more". Who knows with this maple leaf country
Bro, this message was there since last year! Here is a waybackmachine snapshot from AUGUST 24th 2021:
@WPGBound