+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Rkb94

Jul 22, 2021
I traveled 3000 miles to get my re-medicals done ASAP. If I'd known that these clowns would take this long, I could've just scheduled it where I live. Almost 4 weeks since and no progress.
Damn! They should also have a deadline to give decision on the application after the requested documents are submitted. It's so unfair to give us a deadline to submit the documents in 30 days and then taking forever to process the application.

Reactions: SolwayFirth

Imposter69

Star Member
Aug 26, 2021
Do we know if the new processing times are for new applicants only? Or does it apply to all applications that are already being processed?
It's the average processing time of 80% of the applications finalized in the past 6 months, it's going to be updated each week.

Reactions: b_t_

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Do we know if the new processing times are for new applicants only? Or does it apply to all applications that are already being processed?
It's a dynamic time based on past applications. But since past backlogs will snowball into newer applications, I'm guessing it's like this:

New FSW applicants: Expect PR 27 months from now/maybe less if they clear backlog quicker
Existing FSW applicants: 27 months from their AOR date.

If this is the case, it also means that they are now working on the backlog first before focusing on new applicants.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
It's the average processing time of 80% of the applications finalized in the past 6 months, it's going to be updated each week.
I don't think it's the average of 80 percent of the applications. Based on my understanding, it's the processing time of the 80th percentile when sorted by processing time. So, 80 percentage of the applications were processed within 27 months. The average should be significantly lower.

b_t_

Aug 26, 2021
It's a dynamic time based on past applications. But since past backlogs will snowball into newer applications, I'm guessing it's like this:

New FSW applicants: 27 months from now/maybe less if they clear backlog quicker
Existing FSW applicants: 27 months from their AOR date.

If this is the case, it also means that they are now working on the backlog first before focusing on new applicants.
but it doesn't make sense. We've been told 6 months since we applied. All our plans were made on that basis. A jump between 6 months and 22 months after 1 month of applying is illogical. I live in Canada at the moment but applied for the PR because it helps on too many levels. Waiting for 2 more years renders all the efforts I've put useless

Reactions: workingmind

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
So the 27-month processing is based on past applications. It doesn't necessarily mean we will see 27 month wait period. But, hey who am I kidding? It's IRCC that we are dealing with.

Yeah it's just some dynamic timeline to expect for new applicants based on the past. Better information for new applicants than my dumbass expecting a 6 month processing time and renewing lease every 6 months lol

Reactions: RSub

b_t_

Aug 26, 2021
Yeah it's just some dynamic timeline to expect for new applicants based on the past. Better information for new applicants than my dumbass expecting a 6 month processing time and renewing lease every 6 months lol
haha ouch. I'm currently in the same spot. Guess that I'm a dumbass too :p

• Haha
Reactions: Ar12345

Ar12345

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
but it doesn't make sense. We've been told 6 months since we applied. All our plans were made on that basis. A jump between 6 months and 22 months after 1 month of applying is illogical. I live in Canada at the moment but applied for the PR because it helps on too many levels. Waiting for 2 more years renders all the efforts I've put useless
Doesn't necessarily have to be 2 years. The 6 month time was never real for FSW since COVID. They just decided to cut the bullshit now. This new estimate is a dynamic estimate so you know how long you may have to wait based on current backlogs/processing times. Depends on how fast they clear the backlog, what they are willing to do to improve (staffing/processing measures etc) and how many new applications they take. The time may well go down once the backlog is cleared. Atleast that's what I hope. Or Canadian immigration will drop significantly since it'll lose its one practical advantage

Reactions: b_t_
D

Deleted member 1083629

Welcome to the hell hole where rules don't matter and things change within minutes. I was told 6 months in January 2021 and here we are.

At this stage, you should expect 22 months if you are PNP and 27 months if you FSW. That doesn't mean that this is how long it will take your files to be processed. Every week that number can potentially be reduced. However, it will NEVER go to 6 months for FSW applicants. Why? Because the most recent application has been in process for over a year.

The best course of action is to wait for couple of months and see how things play out.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Yeah, Europe is far more enticing compared to this now. In terms of time taken for obtaining citizenship, there is no practical difference now.
Well.... In Europe, you will be a temp. resident tied to a work visa. Then, after you cross that salary threshold, you can apply for blue card. Then, citizenship. While in Canada, you are a PR from day 1. However, if one gets a job that qualifies him for a blue card from the day 1, then I have to agree with you.

Reactions: itwillrain

b_t_

Aug 26, 2021
Welcome to the hell hole where rules don't matter and things change within minutes. I was told 6 months in January 2021 and here we are.

At this stage, you should expect 22 months if you are PNP and 27 months if you FSW. That doesn't mean that this is how long it will take your files to be processed. Every week that number can potentially be reduced. However, it will NEVER go to 6 months for FSW applicants. Why? Because the most recent application has been in process for over a year.

The best course of action is to wait for couple of months and see how things play out.
As if there is any other option, right? The problem is that they're giving us false hope, and we're convincing ourselves that things will be better because of the efforts we've put into our applications. Anyway, there's no point in keeping the rant going, but yeah, it sucks.

D

Deleted member 1083629

As if there is any other option, right? The problem is that they're giving us false hope, and we're convincing ourselves that things will be better because of the efforts we've put into our applications. Anyway, there's no point in keeping the rant going, but yeah, it sucks.
Yup. You just described my mental state for the last 14 months. "YAY! Canada is getting more vaccines *6 months later* YAY! Canada is 80% vaccinated! Time for real processing! *3 months later* YAY! They are not using Afghanistan situation in the web form replies! Now, they will process our applications! *2 months later* YAY! New minister! Now, we are cooking and I am going to pack my bags because now, for sure, they will process our applications *4 months later* Welp! They cut down the FSW target numbers! My application is simple and I think I will make it this year, assuming no more delays! *1 months later* Fucking Putin"

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Really bad luck. I remember one of the members here got an ITA in the last FSW draw in Dec 2020, he rejected it because he had some inconsequential mistake on his EE profile, hoping to correct it before the next draw. I hope he is okay now.
If you haven't heard anything about him, he is probably locked up in a psychiatric hospital somewhere.

Dude, that is a soul crushing luck.