+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Since I have a degree in Law, I can very well tell you that "yes", $2000 is an outrageous sum of money for a freaking "filing".

How much is he going to charge you later on, when he really starts to defend your case ? What will he defend exactly, because the case is already laid out. You applied 3 years ago, supplied every document IRCC requested and haven't got a decision yet. The Supreme Court I believe took out Covid as an excuse for IRCC to delay the application processing, so what is there left to argue ? Everything is already documented.

Law is pretty straight forward and categorized. A good memory, a law book and being able to communicate can take you far, especially for these simple cases.
Get used to the lawyers fees in North America ;)

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Since I have a degree in Law, I can very well tell you that "yes", $2000 is an outrageous sum of money for a freaking "filing".

How much is he going to charge you later on, when he really starts to defend your case ? What will he defend exactly, because the case is already laid out. You applied 3 years ago, supplied every document IRCC requested and haven't got a decision yet. The Supreme Court I believe took out Covid as an excuse for IRCC to delay the application processing, so what is there left to argue ? Everything is already documented.

Law is pretty straight forward and categorized. A good memory, a law book and being able to communicate can take you far, especially for these simple cases.
Sometimes the simple case turns around to be a hard case. If you do not know the law system of a particular country then you are f**** ;) simple as that. There will be always a smarter lawyer or prosecutor etc. on the other end that will screw you, good luck. I know the fees are high. What could you expect now? It is what it is.

Reactions: EdmundDantes

HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
So I got a reply from Raffy Boudjikanian who writes pieces on immigration for CBC for an email I sent him in October to try to get a article around about FSW backlog. I guess he is trying to get people in a new article, if someone wants to try and go that route to pressure IRCC.

Hi Alysson,

Hope this email finds you well and safe. I apologize that I never got back to you about this. I meant to, but clearly an oversight on my part. Is this something that's still an issue for you, and would you like to have a phone or zoom call about it? I'm trying to get a sense of where backlogs are at from the Immigration Department and what they might be doing to address this.

Raffy
"IS THIS STILL AN ISSUE FOR YOU"!!!!?????? For somebody who writes articles on immigration he seems pretty clueless.

WPGBound

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Honestly, I have no idea lol. From my search, that’s the best location where it has a good amount of manufacturers but where housing isn’t as insane as toronto, and it’s still only a couple hours from Toronto metro. So I chose it more for that reason. But if a good job in my field shows up somewhere else then I have no reason no to go.
That's quite exciting to be moving somewhere without any ties. I feel it is my duty to make the Winnipeg pitch to anyone still considering their landing place. COL are housing prices are great compared to the other bigger cities. Large enough city to probably have whatever city amenities you want. Centrally located. For those outdoor inclined and can get their hands on proper layering, there's a plethora of winter activities to keep busy except for the couple weeks it's in the -30s.

Can't speak about job opportunities. And I imagine the pay is lower here than Vancouver or the GTA.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
That's quite exciting to be moving somewhere without any ties. I feel it is my duty to make the Winnipeg pitch to anyone still considering their landing place. COL are housing prices are great compared to the other bigger cities. Large enough city to probably have whatever city amenities you want. Centrally located. For those outdoor inclined and can get their hands on proper layering, there's a plethora of winter activities to keep busy except for the couple weeks it's in the -30s.

Can't speak about job opportunities. And I imagine the pay is lower here than Vancouver or the GTA.
I’ve thought of Winnipeg because of cost of living, but could hardly find jobs in my field so gave up. I even have it in my weather app lol. But another downside is I’m used to tropical weather, going from Brazilian Rio like weather to negatives most of the year is difficult.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020

Bro, stop it. Even Winnipeg natives want to leave :D :D.

• Haha
Reactions: Yodm and Alysson

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I’ve thought of Winnipeg because of cost of living, but could hardly find jobs in my field so gave up. I even have it in my weather app lol. But another downside is I’m used to tropical weather, going from Brazilian Rio like weather to negatives most of the year is difficult.
Try SK, it has all the great points @WPGBound said, plus the weather is somewhat better ;).

WPGBound

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Yeah fair, that weather adjustment would be otherwordly when winter rolls around.

Bro, stop it. Even Winnipeg natives want to leave :D :D.
Whoa whoa whoa, that's what they all SAY. And sometimes even a few do. But they come back eventually ;)

... I'm actually not sure how long I'll stay in WPG myself :D.