+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
I just saw a post about IRCC being mandated to pay 62k to a Quebec skilled worker who’s application was delayed for a decade with unexplained errors by their staff. Their ineptitude didn’t start with the pandemic and honestly a decade !? 62k is way too little
Dude probably took the file home to read it and forgot it there. Happens. Lol

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I just saw a post about IRCC being mandated to pay 62k to a Quebec skilled worker who’s application was delayed for a decade with unexplained errors by their staff. Their ineptitude didn’t start with the pandemic and honestly a decade !? 62k is way too little
There have been a few cases that have gone to the High Court where it was deemed IRCC took far too long to make a decision, with no acceptable explanation.

The problem is getting to the High Court in the first place. Lengthy, and expensive.

Reactions: Badgirloma
D

Deleted member 1006777

No big issues, just impossible to get a loan to buy an apartment for example, impossible to know if I will still be able to work and live in Canada next year depending because I have to renew my BOWP, impossible to invest in Canada (what's the point if I won't be here next year?) in terms of finances but also professional accreditations that are expensive and take a lot of energy.

I don't know how old you are, but I'm passed the age of living in precariousness...
What stage of the application are you at, in case you've ordered GCMS notes?

D

Deleted member 1006777

What is that suppose to mean? People came to Canada to build their life and now many have been living in a limbo for months.

if someone is in Canada and is working for someone else or a company, then all the glory in the world has been achieved and the person shouldn't wish for anything else? Are you for real?
Oh cool overreaction. This doesn't concern you, it was a question directed at someone else, and they seem level headed enough to respond like a sane person.

Badgirloma

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
My question : Good afternoon, please can you tell me if IRCC will be resuming FSW at any point and if yes any timeline for resumption of draws. I would like to look at other options/ countries for immigration if it’s been canceled. Thanks

Their response : Hi. We don’t announce Express Entry invitation rounds in advance. Learn about Express Entry rounds of invitations online: http://ow.ly/bbfj30i97zA
Stand up comedy :D

Reactions: Lc4life
D

Deleted member 1006777

I am waiting my notes ordered this summer. Last time I checked was around may 2021 and nothing was touched since January 2020. Only "eligibility met".
Eligibility is the toughest thing to pass though, if people on the AOR forums are to be believed. You're in good shape. You can absolutely invest. What's the point? Well, what do you have to lose? Think through it rationally. Your eligibility is passed. Instead of waiting for your PR to be approved, prepare for the eventuality that it is. Let's say your PR is approved tomorrow, are you all prepared to immediately dump the yearly limit into your TFSA/RRSP? Have you figured out all the details of the home buying process (your budget, the area, the bank procedures etc)? There's so much you can be doing to prepare for the day you get your PR so you're ready to jump on an opportunity asap.

I'm sure you're already planning this and this was just a bout of frustration, but you're going to get through. It sucks that you've been waiting 2 years, but focus on what you can control. You got this

djcluez

Jul 23, 2021
I ordered my notes August 5th (nothing received yet) but in the email it said "Your temporary request tracking number is xxxxxxx. After your request has been registered, a new number will be assigned to your request." Should I have gotten another email with the new number or is this just a regular thing?

Thanks.

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
I ordered my notes August 5th (nothing received yet) but in the email it said "Your temporary request tracking number is xxxxxxx. After your request has been registered, a new number will be assigned to your request." Should I have gotten another email with the new number or is this just a regular thing?

Thanks.
LOL! That's generic confirmation.

47thRonnin

Aug 15, 2020
Dude probably took the file home to read it and forgot it there. Happens. Lol
Applicant was Venezuelan, a diplomat and former member of a special armed forces unit during a coup in his home country.

Given his background, extensive security checks had to be done which took about 7 years. The court actually agreed that this part of the delay was reasonable.

The 62k award given is to cover the applicant’s Legal Fees for the period after his file was transferred to Mexico Visa office in 2018 and the several errors/ undue delays that occurred there.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Applicant was Venezuelan, a diplomat and former member of a special armed forces unit during a coup in his home country.

Given his background, extensive security checks had to be done which took about 7 years. The court actually agreed that this part of the delay was reasonable.

The 62k award given is to cover the applicant’s Legal Fees for the period after his file was transferred to Mexico Visa office in 2018 and the several errors/ undue delays that occurred there.
Oh wow, Mexico VO and delays are basically synonyms. Can already expect a long wait in my case.

tizzyboi

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020

this scares me.. scares me alot.. this application was eventually canceled due to the 2019 CSQ Cancelation. Read the old 2019 news article below.. they canceled a lot of applications as they had a large backlog and invitation system was changing(immigration needed to tie to the current labor market needs).. three things worry me..
1. FSW/EE is also expecting changes in the system and prioritization of NOC as per labor market needs
2. the current backlog is also huge (compared to the CSQ one)
3. the CSQ cancelation is a recent event(2019)

Don't mean to be a fear monger.. but I just can't throw out the possibility of cancelation of applications anymore like i used to. pls note that there are other factors involved with CSQ cancelation which does not apply to FSW(e.g FSW is already an electronic point based system etc). Not all doom n gloom but surely a concern.

https://www.cicnews.com/2019/06/quebec-passes-legislation-cancelling-thousands-of-pending-skilled-worker-applications-0612413.html#gs.b17vek

• Wow
Reactions: soccer_007