Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
There are never any guarantees with immigration. Heck even if you have become a PR, there is no guarantee that a shift in political climate will not cause your "eviction" from the country. That said, the best you can do is following :

1. Reduce your dependencies of your application. Was it dependent upon a job offer? A Provincial nomination? A Certificate of Qualification from a province? If so, then a change in any of the above can and will impact your application.

2. Look for multiple paths and multiple destinations.

berational

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
this scares me.. scares me alot.. this application was eventually canceled due to the 2019 CSQ Cancelation. Read the old 2019 news article below.. they canceled a lot of applications as they had a large backlog and invitation system was changing(immigration needed to tie to the current labor market needs).. three things worry me..
1. FSW/EE is also expecting changes in the system and prioritization of NOC as per labor market needs
2. the current backlog is also huge (compared to the CSQ one)
3. the CSQ cancelation is a recent event(2019)

Don't mean to be a fear monger.. but I just can't throw out the possibility of cancelation of applications anymore like i used to. pls note that there are other factors involved with CSQ cancelation which does not apply to FSW(e.g FSW is already an electronic point based system etc). Not all doom n gloom but surely a concern.

https://www.cicnews.com/2019/06/quebec-passes-legislation-cancelling-thousands-of-pending-skilled-worker-applications-0612413.html#gs.b17vek
I agree with most of your posts.
Especially the first point is aligned with the amendment proposed in the budget 2021 that is targeted at streamlining the express entry system by inviting people based on labour demand. It sounds like NOC based invitation similar to what Australia presently has (Occupation demand list).

Getting jealous of CEC candidates does not increase the chances of ITA for FSW Candidates. Even, election platforms of both major parties are in favour of CEC and international students. Hating CEC and international students will not help you.
Don't be mislead by askkubeir and others whose prediction does not help you in any way. They are doing business and want to keep the audience engaged for their benefit.

Constructive Suggestion to FSW Folks: Instead of draining energy somewhere, stay focussed on your goal, which is nothing but coming to Canada. If you are honest with your dream of becoming Canadian someday, it is better to put everything you have right now. If the situation allows, come to Canada to study and apply as CEC. If you are working in one of the occupations in demand (no list, one may do research), you should not be in a problem even if FSW criteria change in the future.
If someone wants help in filing a study visa or struggling with selecting a university or college in Canada, I will be more than happy to help (free of cost, no business).

Thanks for reading my post. I hope, it will add some value to this group.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lc4life and ambee

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
And the worst part is they can easily filter out people based on NOC for people who have their application in the system and then keep inviting/granting them visas as per the NOC requirements, but they would just rather cancel everything and make us apply again.
Express Entry will be renamed to PNP Express Entry.

• Haha
Reactions: Timbuktu_14
D

Deleted member 994371

I agree with most of your posts.
Especially the first point is aligned with the amendment proposed in the budget 2021 that is targeted at streamlining the express entry system by inviting people based on labour demand. It sounds like NOC based invitation similar to what Australia presently has (Occupation demand list).

Getting jealous of CEC candidates does not increase the chances of ITA for FSW Candidates. Even, election platforms of both major parties are in favour of CEC and international students. Hating CEC and international students will not help you.
Don't be mislead by askkubeir and others whose prediction does not help you in any way. They are doing business and want to keep the audience engaged for their benefit.

Constructive Suggestion to FSW Folks: Instead of draining energy somewhere, stay focussed on your goal, which is nothing but coming to Canada. If you are honest with your dream of becoming Canadian someday, it is better to put everything you have right now. If the situation allows, come to Canada to study and apply as CEC. If you are working in one of the occupations in demand (no list, one may do research), you should not be in a problem even if FSW criteria change in the future.
If someone wants help in filing a study visa or struggling with selecting a university or college in Canada, I will be more than happy to help (free of cost, no business).

Thanks for reading my post. I hope, it will add some value to this group.

So you want people who have already spent years of time and money into a broken system to invest more time and money to come to this great country where they have no respect for someone's efforts and perseverance, all for an immigration system that may be changed on a whim.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
this scares me.. scares me alot.. this application was eventually canceled due to the 2019 CSQ Cancelation. Read the old 2019 news article below.. they canceled a lot of applications as they had a large backlog and invitation system was changing(immigration needed to tie to the current labor market needs).. three things worry me..
1. FSW/EE is also expecting changes in the system and prioritization of NOC as per labor market needs
2. the current backlog is also huge (compared to the CSQ one)
3. the CSQ cancelation is a recent event(2019)

Don't mean to be a fear monger.. but I just can't throw out the possibility of cancelation of applications anymore like i used to. pls note that there are other factors involved with CSQ cancelation which does not apply to FSW(e.g FSW is already an electronic point based system etc). Not all doom n gloom but surely a concern.

https://www.cicnews.com/2019/06/quebec-passes-legislation-cancelling-thousands-of-pending-skilled-worker-applications-0612413.html#gs.b17vek
I think the chances of all pending applications getting cancelled is 50/50 at this point. While there are strong arguments to counter this point of view, there are equally strong points to speculate this possibility becoming a reality. For instance, IRCC continuing to prioritise CEC applications when they should have distributed their resources equally for all EE applications after 7 september points to something sinister being brewed bu the authorities

Reactions: Lc4life

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
So you want people who have already spent years of time and money into a broken system to invest more time and money to come to this great country where they have no respect for someone's efforts and perseverance, all for an immigration system that may be changed on a whim.
You will find that US treats their immigrants more despicably than Canada yet it’s the greatest country in the world for it’s citizens.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
People desperately looking for good news should lower their expectations and move on with their life. It’s not too late. It will be worse if you continue to wait putting on hold everything in your life for 1 more year and the worst case becomes true. What are you going to do then?

Reactions: PG12

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
People desperately looking for good news should lower their expectations and move on with their life. It’s not too late. It will be worse if you continue to wait putting on hold everything in your life for 1 more year and the worst case becomes true. What are you going to do then?
Yeah I think it’s important to look for alternatives as plan B, C etc if possible.

berational

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
I talked about the truth. You decided what you want in your life. It's purely your choice. Actually, time is money and people have already wasted enormous time in waiting, speculation and making negative comments.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I think most people do realize that nothing drastically is going to change in the coming weeks in favor of FSWs but they choose to be in denial. No one has the answer to why PPRs are being held back for outland immigrants while every other visa processing is being done like normal.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
No big issues, just impossible to get a loan to buy an apartment for example, impossible to know if I will still be able to work and live in Canada next year depending because I have to renew my BOWP, impossible to invest in Canada (what's the point if I won't be here next year?) in terms of finances but also professional accreditations that are expensive and take a lot of energy.

I don't know how old you are, but I'm passed the age of living in precariousness...
Bro I totally get you. Especially with inland folks, the stress is not lesser than outlanders.