Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

Canada election 2021: An overview of key issues for immigrant voters.

"There are several major policy issues that will affect Canadian voters more broadly and immigrants in particular that the new government will need to address... such as[:]
  • Travel rules: Although Canada’s travel rules have been eased, they continue to significantly impact immigrants in a number of ways. Citizens are awaiting the arrival of family members who have had their trips to Canada delayed due to pandemic-related travel restrictions. While restrictions have been lifted, there remain ongoing delays for exempt travellers.
  • Application processing: Related to the previous point, the pandemic has caused a significant backlog in applications to be processed by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The new government’s approach to tackling the backlog will have a major impact on immigrant voters, namely those awaiting the arrival of loved ones, be it through economic, family, or refugee class pathways".
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/09/canada-election-2021-an-overview-of-key-issues-to-immigrant-voters-0919037.html#gs.a0pf9c

And, a reminder to anyone who wants to catch the English-language debate, you can stream it live on 9 September from 9pm to 11pm Eastern Time (ET). That's UTC-5. It might take place on 10 September for you, depending on where you reside.
If you miss the livestream, wait a while (maybe over a day) for the channel to upload the full recording. :)

And, if you'd like something fun to do in the meantime, you can:

Last edited:

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020

Canada election 2021: An overview of key issues for immigrant voters.

"There are several major policy issues that will affect Canadian voters more broadly and immigrants in particular that the new government will need to address... such as[:]
  • Travel rules: Although Canada’s travel rules have been eased, they continue to significantly impact immigrants in a number of ways. Citizens are awaiting the arrival of family members who have had their trips to Canada delayed due to pandemic-related travel restrictions. While restrictions have been lifted, there remain ongoing delays for exempt travellers.
  • Application processing: Related to the previous point, the pandemic has caused a significant backlog in applications to be processed by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The new government’s approach to tackling the backlog will have a major impact on immigrant voters, namely those awaiting the arrival of loved ones, be it through economic, family, or refugee class pathways".
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/09/canada-election-2021-an-overview-of-key-issues-to-immigrant-voters-0919037.html#gs.a0pf9c

And, a reminder to anyone who wants to catch the English-language debate, you can stream it live on 9 September from 9pm to 11pm Eastern Time (ET). That's UTC-5. It might take place on 10 September for you, depending on where you reside.
If you miss the livestream, wait a while (maybe over a day) for the channel to upload the full recording. :)

And, if you'd like something fun to do in the meantime, you can:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually feel like the Tories are better suited for economic immigration than Libs this time around. The conservative plan details how they would improve the current immigration system with the expedited services for those currently in AOR makes perfect sense.

Reactions: aikodad and immicow

Tristan-XI

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually feel like the Tories are better suited for economic immigration than Libs this time around. The conservative plan details how they would improve the current immigration system with the expedited services for those currently in AOR makes perfect sense.
I hope Cons win.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
I am getting nervous as we get closer. Some sign that things are happening. Either another FSW draw/some big set of people get their PPRs(doesn't have to be me). Some Post March 2020 AOR Non-US(preferably Indian resident, because we had biometrics closed for about a year).