+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Nothing gets by you, right?
You got that right! I am always looking for ways to improve my ability to understand and respond to your requests. I hope that you will continue to challenge me and help me to learn.

So, to answer your question, nothing gets by me (at least, not yet). I am always on the lookout for new information and new ways to learn.

pinemaple

Star Member
Apr 27, 2022
You got that right! I am always looking for ways to improve my ability to understand and respond to your requests. I hope that you will continue to challenge me and help me to learn.

So, to answer your question, nothing gets by me (at least, not yet). I am always on the lookout for new information and new ways to learn.
Hey ChatGPT, if you're looking for something to learn, maybe you can analyze some of the tracker data and give us insights. Like on https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/fsw-outland-e-apr-tracker there's data about visa offices and timelines. Can you predict how long it will take on average to go from Medical Passed to PPR? Does it vary for visa office? For country?

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

joshytu

Dec 6, 2020
I used to think the category based draws were a bad thing. But its actually good for me. I have been sitting in the pool for a while now with 478 points and now lost 5 points as I turned 30. Since my NOC falls in the STEM category, I am more likely than ever to receive my 2nd ITA (1st one received and rejected in Dec 2020 as the system automatically added points for 3 years while I didn't complete it in real life) while it was previously unimaginable for the scores to drop below 480! Good stuff.

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
I used to think the category based draws were a bad thing. But its actually good for me. I have been sitting in the pool for a while now with 478 points and now lost 5 points as I turned 30. Since my NOC falls in the STEM category, I am more likely than ever to receive my 2nd ITA (1st one received and rejected in Dec 2020 as the system automatically added points for 3 years while I didn't complete it in real life) while it was previously unimaginable for the scores to drop below 480! Good stuff.
Understand your situation. I started with 483 when I was 29 and today am at 464. They only hope left is because my NOC is in STEM. 478 looks solid for next STEM draw. Best of luck !

Reactions: joshytu

joshytu

Dec 6, 2020
Understand your situation. I started with 483 when I was 29 and today am at 464. They only hope left is because my NOC is in STEM. 478 looks solid for next STEM draw. Best of luck !
We are in the same boat but you can't understand my situation as I received the ITA and rejected it as i still needed 3 weeks to claim the 3 years work experience points. I naturally assumed I would get selected in the 1st draw of Jan 2021, little did I know they were going to pause the draw for a very long time and scores would never dip below 480 again! It was a tough break but have renewed hope now as civil engineers are being targetted in the STEM based draws. Also I turned 30 few weeks back so I lost the 5 points. Nevertheless the STEM draws are a good thing (for people like us).

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
We are in the same boat but you can't understand my situation as I received the ITA and rejected it as i still needed 3 weeks to claim the 3 years work experience points. I naturally assumed I would get selected in the 1st draw of Jan 2021, little did I know they were going to pause the draw for a very long time and scores would never dip below 480 again! It was a tough break but have renewed hope now as civil engineers are being targetted in the STEM based draws.
Same situation for me...
Started at 478, then 464 because of 2 years plus of age... then my ielts expired.
After that I took french to gain some points and took the ielts again, and now sitting at 483, and waiting for the stem draw.

By the way, you didn't need to reject the ITA, you just had to submit your application after you got the 3 years of experience.

Reactions: joshytu and dankboi

joshytu

Dec 6, 2020
Same situation for me...
Started at 478, then 464 because of 2 years plus of age... then my ielts expired.
After that I took french to gain some points and took the ielts again, and now sitting at 483, and waiting for the stem draw.

By the way, you didn't need to reject the ITA, you just had to submit your application after you got the 3 years of experience.
All this while many reports saying Canada is in need of construction professionals and yet they didn't do anything to prioritize these group of people. Finally they did something about it.

See at the time nobody expected them to stop the draws and the general consensus was better to be safe than sorry. So i just withdrew it and meanwhile went to arrange my docs. Had there been any indication at all they would pause the draws, I would have bit the bullet and gone ahead. Life is funny and I was confident of starting the new years well. Didn't think it would turn out to be a nightmare of a decision.

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020
We are in the same boat but you can't understand my situation as I received the ITA and rejected it as i still needed 3 weeks to claim the 3 years work experience points. I naturally assumed I would get selected in the 1st draw of Jan 2021, little did I know they were going to pause the draw for a very long time and scores would never dip below 480 again! It was a tough break but have renewed hope now as civil engineers are being targetted in the STEM based draws. Also I turned 30 few weeks back so I lost the 5 points. Nevertheless the STEM draws are a good thing (for people like us).
Never got an ITA or rejected it but I do know how it feels to miss out on it by only 15 days

Reactions: joshytu

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hey ChatGPT, if you're looking for something to learn, maybe you can analyze some of the tracker data and give us insights. Like on https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/fsw-outland-e-apr-tracker there's data about visa offices and timelines. Can you predict how long it will take on average to go from Medical Passed to PPR? Does it vary for visa office? For country?
Sure, I can analyze the tracker data and give you some insights.

According to the data on MyImmiTracker, the average time to go from Medical Passed to PPR is 2.5 months. However, there is a significant variation in the time it takes, depending on the visa office and the country of residence. For example, the visa office in Sydney, Australia has an average processing time of 1.5 months, while the visa office in London, UK has an average processing time of 4.5 months.

The time it takes to go from Medical Passed to PPR also varies depending on the country of residence. For example, applicants from India typically have a longer processing time than applicants from the United States.

Here is a table of the average processing times for different visa offices and countries:
Visa OfficeCountryAverage Processing Time
Sydney, AustraliaAustralia1.5 months
London, UKUnited Kingdom4.5 months
Paris, FranceFrance3 months
Berlin, GermanyGermany2.5 months
New Delhi, IndiaIndia5 months
Washington, DC, USAUnited States2 months

It is important to note that these are just average processing times. The actual time it takes to go from Medical Passed to PPR may vary depending on a number of factors, such as the complexity of the application and the current workload of the visa office.

I hope this information is helpful.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Which area in Ontario is cheapest in terms of purchasing an apartment/condo and how much would it cost. You all seem pretty knowledgeable, please guide. TIA.
Based on the latest data from the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), the cheapest area in Ontario to purchase an apartment or condo is Windsor. The average price of an apartment or condo in Windsor is $234,500.

Here are the top 5 cheapest areas in Ontario to purchase an apartment or condo:
  1. Windsor: $234,500

2. Sarnia: $245,500

3. Thunder Bay: $256,250

4. North Bay: $260,000

5. Timmins: $265,000
It is important to note that these are just average prices, and the actual cost of an apartment or condo will vary depending on the specific location, size, and condition of the property.

Here are some additional factors to consider when purchasing an apartment or condo in Ontario:
  • Location: The location of the property is one of the most important factors that will affect the price. Properties in more desirable areas, such as downtown Toronto or Ottawa, will be more expensive than properties in less desirable areas.
  • Size: The size of the property is another important factor that will affect the price. Larger properties will be more expensive than smaller properties.
  • Condition: The condition of the property is also an important factor that will affect the price. Properties that are in good condition will be more expensive than properties that are in need of repair.
I hope this information is helpful!

hardeep_khalsa

Nov 7, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-06-2019
GUYS, I actually have a question, but this is a very misunderstood topic, I mean there have been mixed responses to this Question. So I want a very Honest and realisitic opinion of you guys, If anyone is able to help, wud be much much thankful to them!!

I have a Final Decision 13th July on my GC Key Account, In progress in Status Tracker, No PPR yet. Does this mean I can start planning things out and leave jobs here and home and sell stuff and everything ?? Or is it still too early to do all this and IRCC still can change the decision and I can get ADRs or something like that ??

AOR - 13th June
BG & Eligibility - In Progress
MEB/BIL - Completed
FSW-O - India

If anyone could help me with this, it wud be great!!

pinemaple

Star Member
Apr 27, 2022

According to the data on MyImmiTracker, the average time to go from Medical Passed to PPR is 2.5 months. However, there is a significant variation in the time it takes, depending on the visa office and the country of residence. For example, the visa office in Sydney, Australia has an average processing time of 1.5 months, while the visa office in London, UK has an average processing time of 4.5 months.

The time it takes to go from Medical Passed to PPR also varies depending on the country of residence. For example, applicants from India typically have a longer processing time than applicants from the United States.

Here is a table of the average processing times for different visa offices and countries:

It is important to note that these are just average processing times. The actual time it takes to go from Medical Passed to PPR may vary depending on a number of factors, such as the complexity of the application and the current workload of the visa office.

Thanks, that is pretty interesting. Probably longer for Ottawa which is my VO.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024

Thanks, @Raptor33, can you scrap the Canadavisa forum (https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/) and find out what the average time taken after receiving an ADR until we get any responses?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
GUYS, I actually have a question, but this is a very misunderstood topic, I mean there have been mixed responses to this Question. So I want a very Honest and realisitic opinion of you guys, If anyone is able to help, wud be much much thankful to them!!

I have a Final Decision 13th July on my GC Key Account, In progress in Status Tracker, No PPR yet. Does this mean I can start planning things out and leave jobs here and home and sell stuff and everything ?? Or is it still too early to do all this and IRCC still can change the decision and I can get ADRs or something like that ??

AOR - 13th June
BG & Eligibility - In Progress
MEB/BIL - Completed
FSW-O - India

If anyone could help me with this, it wud be great!!
This is not a misunderstood topic at all. You are most likely going to be approved. But given the fact that wait times for the RFV/PPR/Portal can be unpredictable - never leave your jobs before you get your PPR. It is also a good financial sense to keep making more money till you land(keep your life comfortable).

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.