App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Isn’t that what the country actually needs? Bringing in immigrants who have no scope to establish successful careers in Canada is counterproductive. It doesn’t help the immigrants coming in and neither does it help Canada. That was the biggest flaw of the express entry system. Canada needs healthcare workers, STEM professionals and construction workers the most. Now, it actually gets to bring them in. The general draws are now reserved only for the cream of the crop.
Sorry I disagree, for majority of the roles yes what you say is true. However not or every role in the world it is best to have 32 year old. Canada also needs a blend of both youth and experienced personnel. The more experienced one is, they shouldn't loose so much points on age as they do currently, else there will never be a balanced workforce in areas where experience matters.
The more labor intensive fields I completely agree youth is best choice. There are roles where only experienced folks are needed Surgeons, Researchers, Counselors, Professors, Design engineers. Even in IT you never find good Enterprise Architects who are much less than 45 yrs old. Which is why apart from balancing the age vs experience, tagging roles with a specific range of points is equally important and I feel Australia has done much better in that than Canada.

abhiram.kumar

Dec 7, 2018
Sorry I disagree, for majority of the roles yes what you say is true. However not or every role in the world it is best to have 32 year old. Canada also needs a blend of both youth and experienced personnel. The more experienced one is, they shouldn't loose so much points on age as they do currently, else there will never be a balanced workforce in areas where experience matters.
The more labor intensive fields I completely agree youth is best choice. There are roles where only experienced folks are needed Surgeons, Researchers, Counselors, Professors, Design engineers. Even in IT you never find good Enterprise Architects who are much less than 45 yrs old. Which is why apart from balancing the age vs experience, tagging roles with a specific range of points is equally important and I feel Australia has done much better in that than Canada.
There are very specific reasons why Canada wants a younger workforce. Young people generally have fewer health problems and will put lower strain on the healthcare system. They also have the greatest potential to start new families. In addition to all of that, they are net contributors to the welfare state. In a country like Canada, which has a universal healthcare system and an aging population, accepting old people as immigrants would be suicidal and would collapse the entire healthcare system and welfare state. If Canada wants to invite old people, it would have to abolish the welfare state and privatise healthcare.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Also the made up express entry category of "business immigration". Not a lot of quality info out of this bot
Trigger Warning: Out of Topic ; Description of Racism

One must understand that ChatGPT 4 is really great when it can iterate over a response. That is someone points out the obvious issues. Given second or third chance it fixes things pretty fast. But if it cann't.... It sucks like hell at times.

Here are few examples :

Q : Why was chef in south park afraid of ghost costume of cartman in Pinkeye?

ChatGPT 4:
In the "Pinkeye" episode of "South Park", which is the Halloween special of the first season, Chef (voiced by Isaac Hayes) is horrified by Cartman's costume. Cartman is dressed as Adolf Hitler, the Nazi leader during World War II, who is responsible for the genocide of six million Jews during the Holocaust.
Chef is not scared because of the costume's ghost-like qualities, but rather because it's incredibly insensitive and inappropriate, especially considering Cartman's history of offensive behavior. The joke is centered around the absurdity of such an offensive costume being worn by a child, and the reactions of the characters around him, especially Chef, who tends to be one of the more reasonable characters on the show.
It's worth noting that Chef's reaction is reflective of the episode's larger theme about the insensitivity of certain Halloween costumes and the casual way in which horrific historical events or figures are sometimes treated in popular culture.
It misses the point entirely! It misses the context entirely (chef being a black african american, ghost costume looks suspiciously like KKK dress), It misses the chronology, but those are details. When probed, it finally realized there is more to the play:

ChatGPT 4:
I apologize for the previous misunderstanding. In the "Pinkeye" episode of South Park, which is the first season's Halloween special, Eric Cartman is initially seen wearing a ghost costume that resembles a member of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK). This infamous group is known for its racist beliefs, practices, and associated acts of violence and hate crimes against racial and ethnic minorities in the United States.
When Chef sees Cartman in this costume, he is horrified because he thinks Cartman is dressed as a KKK member. Chef, being an African American character, would be particularly sensitive to this given the group's history. However, Cartman, in his naivety or obliviousness, thinks he's just dressed as a ghost. This misunderstanding is part of the show's satirical humor.

The Hitler costume mentioned in the previous response comes into play later in the episode after Principal Victoria alters Cartman's original costume, because she too recognizes its inadvertent resemblance to KKK attire. In an ironic twist, she changes it to something she deems less offensive: a costume of Adolf Hitler. This ends up being just as, if not more, offensive and inappropriate.
These answer bots like @Raptor33 are not doing conversation but generating answers from a block of knowledge which precludes conversation like steps.

The answer is still wrong in details. Like chronology of the episode; Eric Cartman first dressed as Hitler then his teachers makes him a "nice costume of scary ghost". The point being -- certain white folks do not even realise the problem of racism which is casually present in society. But then its okay. When probed, it answered the part that I was looking for. It fell flat trying to justify its earlier answer. Which is okay!

Trouble is, when these bots are going to be used in a very detail oriented and specific domains like immigration, it can give very broken and very false information to unsuspecting folks without a mechanism of conversation to correct them.

The worst part? Its perfect use of English, well formatted answer fools humans who take cues of authority from the form of the answer. The answer looks like it could be printed in a text book! How it could be wrong! Well... thats where it fails and is dangerous.

Last edited:

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Trigger Warning: Out of Topic ; Description of Racism

One must understand that ChatGPT 4 is really great when it can iterate over a response. That is someone points out the obvious issues. Given second or third chance it fixes things pretty fast. But if it cann't.... It sucks like hell at times.

Here are few examples :

ChatGPT 4:

It misses the point entirely! It misses the context entirely (chef being a black african american, ghost costume looks suspiciously like KKK dress), It misses the chronology, but those are details. When probed, it finally realized there is more to the play:

ChatGPT 4:

These answer bots like @Raptor33 are not doing conversation but generating answers from a block of knowledge which precludes conversation like steps.

The answer is still wrong in details. Like chronology of the episode; Eric Cartman first dressed as Hitler then his teachers makes him a "nice costume of scary ghost". The point being -- certain white folks do not even realise the problem of racism which is casually present in society. But then its okay. When probed, it answered the part that I was looking for. It fell flat trying to justify its earlier answer. Which is okay!

Trouble is, when these bots are going to be used in a very detail oriented and specific domains like immigration, it can give very broken and very false information to unsuspecting folks without a mechanism of conversation to correct them.

The worst part? Its perfect use of English, well formatted answer fools humans who take cues of authority from the form of the answer. The answer looks like it could be printed in a text book! How it could be wrong! Well... thats where it fails and is dangerous.

Chef was afraid of Cartman's ghost costume in the South Park episode "Pinkeye" because it resembled a Ku Klux Klan outfit. The Ku Klux Klan is a white supremacist hate group that has a long history of violence and intimidation against Black people. Chef is a Black man, and he would naturally be afraid of anything that reminded him of the Klan.

In the episode, Principal Victoria makes Cartman change out of his Hitler costume because it is offensive. She gives him a "spooky ghost" costume instead, but it is actually a white sheet with eyeholes cut out. This costume closely resembles the robes worn by members of the Ku Klux Klan.
When Chef sees Cartman in this costume, he is visibly shaken. He screams and runs away, saying that he doesn't want to get "pinkeye." This is a reference to the belief that the Ku Klux Klan is responsible for spreading pinkeye, a contagious eye infection.

Chef's reaction to Cartman's costume is a powerful reminder of the fear and hatred that the Ku Klux Klan inspires in Black people. It is also a reminder of the importance of fighting against racism and white supremacy.

gschostack

Star Member
Sep 12, 2021
Hello guys,

regarding the work experience documents, I got a letter from my supervisor stating all the necessary information. Is it necessary to send as well my pay-checks to prove that I was indeed working? Or that is excess of information?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello guys,

regarding the work experience documents, I got a letter from my supervisor stating all the necessary information. Is it necessary to send as well my pay-checks to prove that I was indeed working? Or that is excess of information?
If you got a letter, that's good enough. You can attach 2-3 paystubs/payslips (spread throughout the history) to the same pdf to give them everything that they'll need.

gschostack

Star Member
Sep 12, 2021
If you got a letter, that's good enough. You can attach 2-3 paystubs/payslips (spread throughout the history) to the same pdf to give them everything that they'll need.
If my salary was different(lower) in the first year, but I was doing the same task, should that be stated in the reference letter?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
WTAF! :O

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #258– July 12, 2023

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

French language proficiency (2023-1)

Number of invitations issued:
3,800Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,800 or above

Date and time of round: July 12, 2023 at 13:36:01 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 375

Tie-breaking rule: June 15, 2023 at 23:49:05

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #258– July 12, 2023

3,800Footnote*

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html
This also shows how few French speakers were really in the pool.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

3,800Footnote*

Wow

Shravan_Kumar

Sep 21, 2020

3,800Footnote*

Wow !! 6000 in two weeks for francophones !! Now that they are done with their vote bank politics maybe they can return to draws that make sense. 6000 less from the EE quota for the year. Sigh !

Reactions: andrews17

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Hello guys,

A letter is sufficient. Additional docs are only helpful if you cannot provide what IRCC requests (e.g. the company doesn't exist anymore and you can't ask for a letter, then you could provide your employment contract and pay stubs)

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
so, now all program draw is effectively a PNP draw right? And the whole category based definitely change the TR (Study) to PR framework in Canada because not all international students coming to Canada can easily get PR now unless they are in relevant fields or do 5 years PGWP..

Reactions: andrews17