+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
This is risky business. IRCC officers are not the most diligent. Chances are the officer will see the inadequate account first and conclude they don't have enough funds = rejection.

What I have learned is this: DO NOT GIVE IRCC MORE INFORMATION THAN IS NECESSARY.
Then just list the PoF account first ;)

Generally I agree about not providing any info which is not necessary.... but at the same time, it's a kind of grey area if on IRCC website says that you should provide info about ALL accounts. That's why different immigration lawyers provide different advice about it.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
What I have learned is this: DO NOT GIVE IRCC MORE INFORMATION THAN IS NECESSARY.
VERY true. And its universal. Never give more information to any government agency than what is legally required. You never know how it will be misused against you. Western governments are like Indian wives. They remember everything and share it behind your back with their five (-eye) friends.

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
But what's the benefit of citizenship if someone from outside with slightly better skills can just come and displace you? Are Canadian citizens should at least preferred over foreigners?
The benefit is you get to learn from those skilled people. You are only focusing on the displacement part and not the betterment part. Every immigrant brings loads of knowledge, experience and overall does great for the country - which indirectly benefits the displaced Citizen.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
The thing is, competition is good and healthy. I think you are severely underestimating the value of ecosystem. I am a scout for a well known VC right now, and the pitches are nothing more than a cheap, unscalable knock off of a Silicon valley product. I'd love to see if this could change. We have very few examples like Vidyard, Klue, etc that are worth talking about and even they aren't as great. Add more resistance to talent and this number would go down further. There's PE money even in this economy and our LPs are up again for June, July - but there are barely any worthy takers.

People who do fodder jobs or have a fodder lifestyle aren't what make a country great.

You are saying that citizens should be above PRs, but isn't that already the case? I mean, look at this case of a friend who's moving to Canada in a few months:
1. No job, rarely any relevant job post in his field
2. No one ready to rent out their place to someone with no rental history
3. No idea of how long it would take for them to get a daycare
4. Paying extremely high Airbnb for months and months
5. Fighting low morale and depleting savings
6. Dumb "Canadian exp" excuse

Even if you got 4/6 of those issues, migrating is already hard. If someone can be replaced by such a disadvantaged immigrant, they got no excuse.
I agree that competition is good for Canadian society as a whole, but Canadians whose jobs are displaced will feel bitter. There is a reason that Trump's build the wall immigration rhetoric resonates with so many Americans.

I agree that it's harder for landed immigrants to compete with citizens directly at the beginning. What I am referring to is that there is no law or measure in place by the government to protect Canadian citizens from foreigners. Compared this to the US, where basically to get a PR you generally need to go through LMIA (they call it Perm) and prove that giving you a PR does not affect the labor market.

Also, not all PRs will be skilled workers. I remember that when there were 7000 profiles draws last week or a couple of weeks ago, somebody joked that there will be 7000 Phd Uber driver. Also, what about the 75 CRS CEC draw and TR to PR program?

Reactions: imransyed

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
I agree that competition is good for Canadian society as a whole, but Canadians whose jobs are displaced will feel bitter. There is a reason that Trump's build the wall immigration rhetoric resonates with so many Americans.

I agree that it's harder for landed immigrants to compete with citizens directly at the beginning. What I am referring to is that there is no law or measure in place by the government to protect Canadian citizens from foreigners. Compared this to the US, where basically to get a PR you generally need to go through LMIA (they call it Perm) and prove that giving you a PR does not affect the labor market.

Also, not all PRs will be skilled workers. I remember that when there were 7000 profiles draws last week or a couple of weeks ago, somebody joked that there will be 7000 Phd Uber driver. Also, what about the 75 CRS CEC draw and TR to PR program?
The thing about "Canadian experience" required is that it's a double edged sword. There are entry level jobs out there that will give you the Canadian experience you need but having worked in two different regions of the world, Local experience is a huge deal. There are so many tiny tiny intricacies and nuances that can only come with experience working in the local culture/region so its not too surprising "Canadians" get paid more. New immigrants take some time to get there but I have seen many getting there and even exceeding Canadian salaries. Takes time and hard work, lots of it.

In my company for example, majority of the upper management is white Canadians but a significant number of Asian Canadians are also present. I haven't yet felt that anti-immigrant mentality at work but I could be wrong.
A business is a business and in the end they care more about efficiency and profitability than the race of their workforce here.

Canadians have realised in general immigration has been very good to them, even the not so well off ones.
Things are only changing now due to falling apart infrastructure but there aren't any calls to send people back, only to stop new ones from coming.

Reactions: feanor13

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
It depends upon which Canadian citizens you are talking about.
The old citizens having land/real estate are very happy with the current situation. They get more value for their land. They get more workers for the services. Their investments in property like condos are giving them rich returns in form of rent. Their benefits get supported by tax generated by increased population. They are indeed happy as hell. There is a reason why Quebec is not revolting like Kashmir or more aptly Tamil Nadu in India does. Canadian immigration system brings money to their old native population.

The one getting short end of the stick is the younger people. Those who are searching for jobs. Those who want to buy their first home. Those who are planning to start a family but do not have a permanent home. Those are having problems and woes.

In Victoria, BC, there are two major neighbourhoods. One is called Oak Bay with old people. They do not want immigrants to live in their neighbourhood. They do not want any change to their neighbourhood's zoning laws. They do however will NEVER turn up for any proposal that says "lets lower the immigration". There is a reason why survey after survey, Canada never says "This immigration is too much". No one is hiding the numbers. The number of young Canadians is not enough to influence these or over all polls.
If I were a young Canadian, I would also probably complain about this because I need to compete with the new PRs in the labor market and housing.. It's surprising that Canadians are not anti-immigration and there is no anti-immigration rhetoric..

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
The thing is, competition is good and healthy. I think you are severely underestimating the value of ecosystem. I am a scout for a well known VC right now, and the pitches are nothing more than a cheap, unscalable knock off of a Silicon valley product. I'd love to see if this could change. We have very few examples like Vidyard, Klue, etc that are worth talking about and even they aren't as great. Add more resistance to talent and this number would go down further. There's PE money even in this economy and our LPs are up again for June, July - but there are barely any worthy takers.

People who do fodder jobs or have a fodder lifestyle aren't what make a country great.

You are saying that citizens should be above PRs, but isn't that already the case? I mean, look at this case of a friend who's moving to Canada in a few months:
1. No job, rarely any relevant job post in his field
2. No one ready to rent out their place to someone with no rental history
3. No idea of how long it would take for them to get a daycare
4. Paying extremely high Airbnb for months and months
5. Fighting low morale and depleting savings
6. Dumb "Canadian exp" excuse

Even if you got 4/6 of those issues, migrating is already hard. If someone can be replaced by such a disadvantaged immigrant, they got no excuse.
Btw, regarding the 6 issues, if I land in Canada, how should I mitigate those 6 issues?
Especially for #2 and #6, can I get a rent with no rental history? should I go for Airbnb first?
For #6, how can I find a job without Canadian experience?
Any tips and tricks that someone wants to share?

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Btw, regarding the 6 issues, if I land in Canada, how should I mitigate those 6 issues?
Especially for #2 and #6, can I get a rent with no rental history? should I go for Airbnb first?
Mitigate them with money LOL

Jokes aside, yes you can get a rental no history, you'll have to use friends/relatives as references/guarantors

Or you could rent out a shared accommodation and live in that for some time and then request/blackmail (kidding, or am I?) the owner/lessor of the accommodation to become your reference for your future rental apartment search.

Do not go for Airbnb if coming by yourself. Get on kijiji and you'll find my owners letting rooms of their houses out on per day basis, comes to about 40-50 cad a day. Has all the facilities of an Airbnb but you have to share them with others.

Job finding, learn how to market and sell yourself and apply everywhere but only to jobs relevant to your experience. The Tim hortons/coffee shop route people take is not recommended. Sit at home and apply for jobs and constantly update yourself.

Another thing you can do (quite sneaky but hey times are tough).. Add Canadian qualifications to your cv and mention that it's an ongoing thing. Because for entry level or jobs for new immigrants, nobody expects a completed Canadian credential but showing that you have an ongoing one can give you an edge.

Another is that keep in mind that you are new here, but nobody knows that. So make sure to keep it ambiguous. Pretend like you're from here and you've spent at least a few months in the country already.

Yes, you literally have to bullsh*t you way to it if that is what it takes.

EDIT: I don't take any responsibility of people see through your bs though. You gotta dress it up good but there are always people who'll see through it. Hopefully they'll pay more attention to your skills than your cons.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I said the same about PRs being highly unskilled. Canadian education is fodder at best and attracts people who seek easy PR. I wrote about it to you earlier: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fsw-worldwide.739338/post-10419234

Also, what about the 75 CRS CEC draw and TR to PR program?
No one here is saying that it was a skilled migrant pick. You should read docs from immigration to see why it was done in the first place.

There is a reason that Trump's build the wall immigration rhetoric resonates with so many Americans.
Putin's Ukrainian invasion also resonated with considerable number of Russians, doesn't mean he was right. Same thing was with Hitler too. Perception and reality are two different things. American companies thrive on attracting global talent, you can't pay someone $300k just because they are American. IIRC, Lyft and Uber at one point where hiring the same Rust devs within months as there was no one who could replace them. Talent is not a joke.

What I am referring to is that there is no law or measure in place by the government to protect Canadian citizens from foreigners. Compared this to the US, where basically to get a PR you generally need to go through LMIA (they call it Perm) and prove that giving you a PR does not affect the labor market.
Protect from what? 35 mil population that is ageing fast and lacks innovation doesn't need protecting. I am not going to go very deep into this, but there's no defensibility in protection and harbouring poor talent. At the end, if companies can, they'll outsource the jobs or create HQ in cheap labour markets.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
If I were a young Canadian, I would also probably complain about this because I need to compete with the new PRs in the labor market and housing.. It's surprising that Canadians are not anti-immigration and there is no anti-immigration rhetoric..
Actually, its like this. Those who should protest are simply not in enough numbers to make a difference at poll booth. Around 2/3rd or more of Canada own house(s). Majority are old and their source of income is indeed housing or pension or investments. Their demands are usual : Fully funded welfare and health care. So, opposing immigration is actually opposing the old. The resentment is towards the old, its hidden though.

And social security is decent in Canada. Also, Canada has a culture of government provided supports for practically everything. Canada is more European than American in that sense. Burden of debt due to education is not really high for Canadian citizens, unlike America. You can graduate easily without back breaking debt. Universities make money off the immigrants actually. To be honest, unless you are actively trying to work and make assets, you can live off decently in Canada, in non-tier-one cities on basic income. And a decent chunk of young folks do that too. Lastly, younger Canadians have one more outlet for their ambition : USA. They just skip the entire rut.

Thats why this situation continues.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
About # 2 - since I'm buying a house I'm not going to face much of an issue here, but here's what I helped my friends with:
1. Get a basement/room share. I loath the idea, but it works well. Where it gets real shitty is that, people trust their own - Someone from a specific country will rent basement/room share/single room out to someone from their own country. You can find those in Fb marketplace, Kijiji, etc. Live for a month there, get a few paystubs (biweekly paystubs so two paystubs in a month) and a employer reference.
2. Now take those paystubs and employer references in your rental application and get a place for yourself. Depending upon competition, they might still say yes/no. It took a friend who gets paid >$200k in Toronto 65+ applications to get a rental.

About #6 - Honestly, I worked all over the world - I never once had a person ask me for "EU exp", US exp", "Canadian exp", etc. If your skills and past projects talk, Canadian exp is not really a concern. But let's say there's no real differentiation between your skills and another average worker, they might lean that way. What can help you stand out is:
1. Networking - don't just send Linkedin requests and say "I want a job" - that's what most people do and it is not networking.
2. Target certain type of companies - you love working on video streaming (dumb example)? Show them what you can do in it. Don't use spray and pray job application model.
3. Talk to immigrants from your industry, ask them a few open ended questions and see how they overcame it. If someone was in my field and asked me the same questions, I'd be more than happy to answer it. It is the same and there so many helpful folks you can reach out. Who knows, they might save you months and months of time waste too. If you can pay them for an hour of call with you and skip the learning curve.

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Quick question
I just found out,
I wrongly wrote in my EE profile(before ita) my husband graduation date 2006
Which is 2007

Is it ok to correct it now after ita and before submitting?
in WES report its written correct

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Another thing you can do (quite sneaky but hey times are tough).. Add Canadian qualifications to your cv and mention that it's an ongoing thing. Because for entry level or jobs for new immigrants, nobody expects a completed Canadian credential but showing that you have an ongoing one can give you an edge.

Another is that keep in mind that you are new here, but nobody knows that. So make sure to keep it ambiguous. Pretend like you're from here and you've spent at least a few months in the country already.

Yes, you literally have to bullsh*t you way to it if that is what it takes.
I do not mind BSing my way in but... just be mindful of leaving trails. It usually does not hurt you but sometimes it does. Hiring is getting more and more centralized and consolidated for cutting cost. There are large sourcing companies which are used by a lot of employers. It can get back to you when you are changing jobs and sourcing company notices you last profile. Lastly, there are referral bonuses due to which large employers maintain a database of CVs -- to check if they interviewed you before.

All I mean to say is, world is getting less and less forgetting. Storage is cheap. So, its not that do not BS, just be sure that it is not coming back to you.