+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1083629

I guess, the govt. is a throwing a fishing net in the sea. Some will be 'real talent', others will be min wage workers. Regardless, they will all help in one way or another. Canadians are old and not particularly productive and the immigrants will basically be funding their social services
You know what your last sentence reminded me? The movie "Elysium" with Matt Damon. How poor people live to support the rich ones living in Elysium lol.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
My guy, infra is not hardware only )) It includes people as well. The reason why there is 12-17 hours wait at ER is not because of bad hospitals or lack of those; it's because there are not enough nurses or doctors to take care of patients. So, when they will bring 500K and keep the same number of doctors, the wait times will increase and thus, "the infra won't scale up with such an increased level of newcomers".
Just one things. Those 500K are mostly young people. Much less likely to fall sick or need long term care or frequent ER visits. And they include people who can take up jobs of nurses (if red tape is cut). It also includes doctors who need to get their license and residency (again a red tape thing). So bringing in those 500K young workers is not wrong, you can tweak the composition.

What is wrong is having hurdles that disables most of these folks. It disables them from joining the work they trained for and take up survival jobs.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Just one things. Those 500K are mostly young people. Much less likely to fall sick or need long term care or frequent ER visits. And they include people who can take up jobs of nurses (if red tape is cut). It also includes doctors who need to get their license and residency (again a red tape thing). So bringing in those 500K young workers is not wrong, you can tweak the composition.

What is wrong is having hurdles that disables most of these folks. It disables them from joining the work they trained for and take up survival jobs.
I mean, getting into ER is not linked to the age. Young people at the same risk but for different circumstances. For example, me. I used to be a kickboxer. Amount of times I had to go to ER in Moscow because of various injuries was pretty high. In Canada, you can replace kickboxing with snowboarding or crossfit, for example. So, young people is at the risk of needing a long term care but I would say, they are at the higher risk due to the active lifestyle.

Yes, of course. I agree about the red tape. My point is that I don't think that will change. Ontario had some talks about changing the licensing procedure for foreign medical professionals but I don't think it got anywhere.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Well, they do need to review their licensing process. Many doctors are Uber drivers in Canada. Mainly, because it will take very long time and lots of money to prove that one is able to practice medicine in Canada. This is fair, on one hand. On the other hand, something needs to be done with that, since they will literally have people dying in the lobbies. However, knowing the current government (not just liberals but also conservatives of Ontario), nothing will be done and then, **surprised Pikachu face**
During last two year, MANY MANY doctors closed their clinics. MANY MANY nurses quit due to the workload and emotional toll. These folks already have some money and they do not want to enter the same rat race again. You need to replace them. Somehow. Getting young people is a good starting point. Getting needed talent is much better.

Now lets see some numbers.

1. Canada Deaths per year : 323000 for 2021-22 (https://www.statista.com/statistics/443061/number-of-deaths-in-canada/)
2. Canada Births per year : 10.148 per 1000 people (https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/CAN/canada/birth-rate) = 38,250,000 * 10.148/1000 = 388161.0

So only some 388161 - 323000 = 65161 in growth

For a country of 38 million and massive amount of land and natural resources if only some 65K are growing in one year, it needs fixing.

Because this does not even take into account people who want to retire or who can not work anymore.

This is why 500K is needed. To counteract this shrap decline.

For a baseline look at year 2019. 10.376 briths per 1000 and only 283K deaths. That gives a 390K births (on a population of 37.6M). This is already 50K more people added than 2021.

The entire unsustainable trope is nothing but a farce. If Canada's birth rate keeps declining this is the only solution.

D

Deleted member 1083629

During last two year, MANY MANY doctors closed their clinics. MANY MANY nurses quit due to the workload and emotional toll. These folks already have some money and they do not want to enter the same rat race again. You need to replace them. Somehow. Getting young people is a good starting point. Getting needed talent is much better.

Now lets see some numbers.

1. Canada Deaths per year : 323000 for 2021-22 (https://www.statista.com/statistics/443061/number-of-deaths-in-canada/)
2. Canada Births per year : 10.148 per 1000 people (https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/CAN/canada/birth-rate) = 38,250,000 * 10.148/1000 = 388161.0

So only some 388161 - 323000 = 65161 in growth

For a country of 38 million and massive amount of land and natural resources if only some 65K are growing in one year, it needs fixing.

Because this does not even take into account people who want to retire or who can not work anymore.

This is why 500K is needed. To counteract this shrap decline.

For a baseline look at year 2019. 10.376 briths per 1000 and only 283K deaths. That gives a 390K births (on a population of 37.6M). This is already 50K more people added than 2021.

The entire unsustainable trope is nothing but a farce. If Canada's birth rate keeps declining this is the only solution.
Are you using the profession with the toughest licensing process to support your argument? When you say that 500K immigrants are needed to replace those doctors/nurses, are you taking in consideration how many of them WILL ACTUALLY become doctors and nurses in Canada? I don't think that many will. For every other profession, I can partially agree; the partially is due to the fact that Canadian market just doesn't pay enough. For many, Canada is a temporary stop before they head down the south for some major salary hike.

Regardless, as I have mentioned before, 500K is not sustainable rate without scaling up everything else. I can see that Canadian government is not scaling up or reworking other parts of the process; just keep pumping those numbers up. That won't end well. Before inviting 500K people: 1) Need enough medical professionals (need to rework the licensing); 2) Need to have affordable housing (ban private equality and massive foreign investments).

Reactions: AlmostThere2

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Are you using the profession with the toughest licensing process to support your argument? When you say that 500K immigrants are needed to replace those doctors/nurses, are you taking in consideration how many of them WILL ACTUALLY become doctors and nurses in Canada? I don't think that many will. For every other profession, I can partially agree; the partially is due to the fact that Canadian market just doesn't pay enough. For many, Canada is a temporary stop before they head down the south for some major salary hike.
I am saying this much : "IF birthrate is going to decline and death rate is going to climb, you will NEED to increase your immigration target. There is NO way out. This is why 500K is not a wrong target. If you don't do it, your long term population goals will be impacted. You workforce and economy will be impacted."

Doctors are just a side effect of this phenomenon. It is exerbated by the fact that there is USA down south and Canadian beaurocracy is too complex to work with for any immigrant doctor.

Tavensektor

Aug 24, 2022
Hi All,
In my SINP application, I claimed 10 years of experience and got the nomination. However, my current job is 7 years old and I don't need to add my previous jobs in the Express entry work history section because it already maxed out my experience points and selection factors. So, can I omit it as it will increase the number of documents to submit and the possibility of more ADR.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Regardless, as I have mentioned before, 500K is not sustainable rate without scaling up everything else. I can see that Canadian government is not scaling up or reworking other parts of the process; just keep pumping those numbers up. That won't end well. Before inviting 500K people: 1) Need enough medical professionals (need to rework the licensing); 2) Need to have affordable housing (ban private equality and massive foreign investments).
500 K is a reaction from birthrate and death rate and retirement or leaving the work force data. It will be there TILL this weird situation of high death rate and low birth rate and great resignation will remain.

Immigration and mass immigration in general are NEVER the default state of any country. They are reactions to the situation at home. Any country with decent population replacement and growth are very conservative about immigration. Take Japan or example. Japan was very very very conservative till the reality of workforce reduction dawned upon them. Now even they have a skilled immigration program. And they do not really have points for knowledge of japanese : https://www.isa.go.jp/en/publications/materials/newimmiact_3_system_index.html.

Last edited:

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
The conversations are getting very interesting here.

We all know that 500k people will not be sustainable in any freaking way possible, but hey immigration will push the economy right ? Man, it is clear as day that with the current way immigration is handled, at least economic is to make students defacto buy PR. That is also one of the reasons for too many worthless universities around the country. Remember 700k students. They might start inviting based on NOC in 2023, but I really don't see how that would help short term since the effects will be seen probably in 2024-2026.

What is more interesting is seeing @GandiBaat leaning conservative one step at a time. The quote of Pierre Poilivre "Mom not being able to afford baby milk and mixing it with water" seems you are following him closely. The guy is hitting Justin and liberals very hard.

About the birth rates. I don't really see how they will change in the future. Personally, I don't see myself having more than 2 kids there no matter what and most probably end up having just one. Talking as an immigrant here. I wouldn't think a lot of immigrants, especially the economic category, will just land in Canada and start mass reproducing. A declining birth rate is not a new phenemon in the developped countries already. Nothing surprising there.

D

Deleted member 1083629

The conversations are getting very interesting here.

We all know that 500k people will not be sustainable in any freaking way possible, but hey immigration will push the economy right ? Man, it is clear as day that with the current way immigration is handled, at least economic is to make students defacto buy PR. That is also one of the reasons for too many worthless universities around the country. Remember 700k students. They might start inviting based on NOC in 2023, but I really don't see how that would help short term since the effects will be seen probably in 2024-2026.

What is more interesting is seeing @GandiBaat leaning conservative one step at a time. The quote of Pierre Poilivre "Mom not being able to afford baby milk and mixing it with water" seems you are following him closely. The guy is hitting Justin and liberals very hard.

About the birth rates. I don't really see how they will change in the future. Personally, I don't see myself having more than 2 kids there no matter what and most probably end up having just one. Talking as an immigrant here. I wouldn't think a lot of immigrants, especially the economic category, will just land in Canada and start mass reproducing. A declining birth rate is not a new phenemon in the developped countries already. Nothing surprising there.
I am having 0 kids. At least, in Canada. It's way too expensive. If I want to have kids, I would move either back to Russia, or somewhere else.

Correct about students. Canada is not hiding that fact anymore. It's getting harder to be accepted into a strong public university (UWaterloo, McGill, UBC, UToronto) but majority of students won't aim for those schools anymore. This is one of the reasons why government is not doing anything about bogus universities and as a matter of fact, the latest unicorn is focused on exactly that; bring more students into the country.

P.S.: I hope conservatives will win. However, I doubt that it will be much better. Ford is conservative. Not like he is fantastic at his job.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Rents will be up.
Food and Gas prices will be brought under control.
House prices will correct but likely not crash. Two components of housing crash is lack of demand and excess supply. Right now, supply is very very constrained in major cities of canada except for Alberta. So that gives owners a lot of holding power in form of rents. It sucks to be renter right now! I know I am one. Trying to escape rentals. A mortgage taken right now will get easier with time.
In Windsor there are older bungalows with 2-3B for less than 200k. Only problem is the city sucks lol. But if you don’t mind that and the place checks out okay, it’s a good spot to gain equity.