+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Compared to Delhi, only downtown Toronto would come anywhere close. Even a little bit outside of downtown, Toronto feels a lot less congested/hectic with residential neighborhoods here and there. I didn't find downtown Vancouver too bad but I'd definitely avoid downtown Toronto though: too many ambulances, construction noise, loud motorcycles and drag races in the middle of the night!
Not sure about Delhi, never been, but I am from Manila, and have been from Tokyo and Seoul, compared to those cities, yeah Vancouver is less crowded, but doesn't hit my threshold of what can be called "calm", by the way I'm primarily speaking of the area around Granville, Waterfront seems to be less crowded though, my guess is that it varies from area to area.

ramseriv

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Can a Civil Engineer apply under FSW and obtain PR even though he has not a licenced in Canada??

Also in the question of CRS: Level of education where does Civil Engineering falls? I am confused as civil engineering needs a licensed but is also a bach degree...
1. Bachelor degree (3 or more years program at a university)
2. Master OR professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession?

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Can a Civil Engineer apply under FSW and obtain PR even though he has not a licenced in Canada??

Also in the question of CRS: Level of education where does Civil Engineering falls? I am confused as civil engineering needs a licensed but is also a bach degree...
1. Bachelor degree (3 or more years program at a university)
2. Master OR professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession?
Okay ,first happy news you not need to be licensed to apply for fsw.
The bad news is mostly no company will hire you in the title of a civil engineer without a license but you will get jobs like supervisor,draftsman....foreman...
Just having a masters won't make you licensed but ,it is necessary for you to get an ita under current circumstances.
Your experience is good because after 3 yrs it doesn't make much difference.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

ramseriv

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
Okay ,first happy news you not need to be licensed to apply for fsw.
The bad news is mostly no company will hire you in the title of a civil engineer without a license but you will get jobs like supervisor,draftsman....foreman...
Just having a masters won't make you licensed but ,it is necessary for you to get an ita under current circumstances.
Your experience is good because after 3 yrs it doesn't make much difference.
That is a relieve! not to be licensed when applying for PR

Let me explain myself, what I meant about CRS score is that I dont know which answer to pick when applying to Express Entry profile as CRS calculator asks me about my education level, because Civil engineering is both a 1. Bachelor degree and a 2. professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession. I need to pick one of those choices when creating my profile, what to choose when my profession matches 2 answers?

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Let me explain myself, what I meant about CRS score is that I dont know which answer to pick when applying to Express Entry profile as CRS calculator asks me about my education level, because Civil engineering is both a 1. Bachelor degree and a 2. professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession. I need to pick one of those choices when creating my profile, what to choose when my profession matches 2 answers?
Civil eng is only a bachelor´s in the eyes of canada. Professional degrees for them are only med, law and pharmacy I believe.

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
That is a relieve! not to be licensed when applying for PR

Civil engineering is considered as a bachelor's for the intent of immigration.
Please refer the following website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html
You can look up almost every profession and what points will be given to each. Cheers.

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Only the following professions are considered equivalent to Masters:
Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine and Pharmacy

Pehm212

Oct 7, 2021
Hello guys,

I am self-employed and I'm not sure about the reference letter format to request from my client/suppliers. My NOC is 0651 and I manage/own a salon.
Since most of my clients come in once/twice a month and do not know how many hours I work(since they are only here for 2-3 hours per visit) or my other duties apart from taking their reservations and making sure they get good service while at the salon, what do you think should be in the letter?

Is this fine:

"I am a customer of XYZ salon. I have known Mr. ABC to be the manager of XYZ salon. I place my bookings through him. I have been a customer for about a year and I visit the salon once or twice monthly."
I intend on getting reference letters from 5 clients with statements of account showing payments from them.

I also intend on getting a letter from my supplier.

Please help me if you have a sample

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Hello guys,

I am self-employed and I'm not sure about the reference letter format to request from my client/suppliers. My NOC is 0651 and I manage/own a salon.
Since most of my clients come in once/twice a month and do not know how many hours I work(since they are only here for 2-3 hours per visit) or my other duties apart from taking their reservations and making sure they get good service while at the salon, what do you think should be in the letter?

Is this fine:

"I am a customer of XYZ salon. I have known Mr. ABC to be the manager of XYZ salon. I place my bookings through him. I have been a customer for about a year and I visit the salon once or twice monthly."
I intend on getting reference letters from 5 clients with statements of account showing payments from them.

I also intend on getting a letter from my supplier.

Please help me if you have a sample
Your customers cannot attest for your work experience. You have to search for self-employed work experience and in specific for Canada PR. It’s not easy to convince IRCC regarding self-employment. You have to provide a lot of documents to support that, some of which can include bank statements, tax filings, and salon registration showing your name as an owner.

Reactions: Pehm212

Pehm212

Oct 7, 2021
Your customers cannot attest for your work experience. You have to search for self-employed work experience and in specific for Canada PR. It’s not easy to convince IRCC regarding self-employment. You have to provide a lot of documents to support that, some of which can include bank statements, tax filings, and salon registration showing your name as an owner.
Thank you.

This is the requirement I got from the IRCC page
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you.

This is the requirement I got from the IRCC page
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
You can use a bunch of documents to prove ownership of business and services provided

1. Do you have Salon's business documents like registration document with government, business licenses etc.?
2. Do you file taxes as a business and does those taxes have your name as owner?
3. Does your salon have a bank account which has salon's name as account holder and not your name? It can show money coming in to the account if you take online payments / credit card payments from customers
4. Does your salon have a website with services listed?
5. Does your salon exist on google maps? Yelp or any similar website? Does it have customer reviews there which can be seen?
6. Do you employees? Do you sign their pay stubs? Or have any other way of proving employees getting paid?
7. As you mentioned you can take letters from suppliers and also show transactions with them.
8. As you mentioned you can get some letters from your regular customers.

Self employments are difficult to prove but if you really own a business there are tons of documents to prove that you own a business. And if you are not doing everything cash to avoid taxes you will have enough electronic trail to prove business income, expenses, payments and taxes.

Reactions: Bahamut