+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
That is what I thought because once he said he did undergrad in us ,which is very rare among indians.
That's because Indians are smart. They'll do a cheap Bachelors from their home country, get few years of experience and then do a 1 year STEM program (just long enough ) but cost effective to get the 3 year OPT.

That is why I strive to be a bradder

Pehm212

Oct 7, 2021
You can use a bunch of documents to prove ownership of business and services provided

1. Do you have Salon's business documents like registration document with government, business licenses etc.?
2. Do you file taxes as a business and does those taxes have your name as owner?
3. Does your salon have a bank account which has salon's name as account holder and not your name? It can show money coming in to the account if you take online payments / credit card payments from customers
4. Does your salon have a website with services listed?
5. Does your salon exist on google maps? Yelp or any similar website? Does it have customer reviews there which can be seen?
6. Do you employees? Do you sign their pay stubs? Or have any other way of proving employees getting paid?
7. As you mentioned you can take letters from suppliers and also show transactions with them.
8. As you mentioned you can get some letters from your regular customers.

Self employments are difficult to prove but if you really own a business there are tons of documents to prove that you own a business. And if you are not doing everything cash to avoid taxes you will have enough electronic trail to prove business income, expenses, payments and taxes.
Thank you for the elaborate response.

To answer your questions, I have the following documents:
1. Business registration documents
2. Personal tax documents in my name( as the business was registered as a sole proprietorship and not a ltd/unltd company, my personal tax covers the business as per my country's tax policy)
3. Enough bank evidence showing payment from clients plus a letter stating I am the sole signatory.
4. We have a website plus active social media pages.
5. yes
6. No pay stubs but bank statements would reflect salary payments at the end of the month. About 7 stylists in total. I also pay myself a salary at the end of the month too.

Plus I intend to add pictures of the salon, chats with clients(booking appointments, replying to complaints, etc), chats, and email conversations with my supplier.

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Professions or degrees?
You need the degree or an equivalent document stating you completed the required courses in order to practice. So I'd go with degrees. Pardon my ignorance, senior members pitch in, I believe that you can apply for PR even if you didn't do the profession that you have your degree in, provided that you have at least one year of experience.

KojiGold

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
Hi again guys, hope everyone is doing well. got 2 questions if anyone can help I appreciate
1. I guess this is a very repetitive question, but just for the sake of that strange stress you got while filling these applications: While I was creating a new EE profile after my old one got expired, the section that asks " has this applicant applied for immigration before? " I should choose "No". am I correct? I have made an EE profile before, but never applied for any immigration program.
2. My NOC Code is a managerial one, and in the qualifications part it mentioned that it normally requires a university degree + several years of experience. My question is: prior to taking this role, I had around 3 years of experience in the field, and I hold an MBA degree. However, my job description is more matched the managerial NOC. Will this be an issue while reviewing my application (in case I get an invitation! )? I mean the fact that I hold a managerial position with around 3 years of experience in the field. I have no idea what "several" years of experience mean exactly numerically :)

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
You need the degree or an equivalent document stating you completed the required courses in order to practice. So I'd go with degrees. Pardon my ignorance, senior members pitch in, I believe that you can apply for PR even if you didn't do the profession that you have your degree in, provided that you have at least one year of experience.
Yes, you don’t need to work on the profession you graduated in.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Hi again guys, hope everyone is doing well. got 2 questions if anyone can help I appreciate
1. I guess this is a very repetitive question, but just for the sake of that strange stress you got while filling these applications: While I was creating a new EE profile after my old one got expired, the section that asks " has this applicant applied for immigration before? " I should choose "No". am I correct? I have made an EE profile before, but never applied for any immigration program.
2. My NOC Code is a managerial one, and in the qualifications part it mentioned that it normally requires a university degree + several years of experience. My question is: prior to taking this role, I had around 3 years of experience in the field, and I hold an MBA degree. However, my job description is more matched the managerial NOC. Will this be an issue while reviewing my application (in case I get an invitation! )? I mean the fact that I hold a managerial position with around 3 years of experience in the field. I have no idea what "several" years of experience mean exactly numerically :)
For the first question, you are right answering 'no' in never applying because you never sent in documents after being issued an ITA.
I believe that 3 years experience is the maximum that you can claim points for outside of Canada, so imo, as long as you match the majority of the duties and responsibilities, you should be safe.
Best of luck...