+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
Guys! QQ - After ADR acknowledgement e-mail, status in portal changed to not applicable. Is that normal? Is the next step - Reviewing additional documents?

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Bruh, that's just ridiculous. Is it that hard to foresee what they need and ask all the documents at once?
I hope that the end is in sight for you!
In the notes, it says that one of the most decisive ADR for the Case Officer to pass my eligibility was sent after discussion with the Case officer. I don't mind the ADRs, they are better than nothing.
The end is definitely in sight, but I am content with the passed eligibility.

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
In the notes, it says that one of the most decisive ADR for the Case Officer to pass my eligibility was sent after discussion with the Case officer. I don't mind the ADRs, they are better than nothing.
The end is definitely in sight, but I am content with the passed eligibility.
Immediately after the email or did it happen after a day or two?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Guys! QQ - After ADR acknowledgement e-mail, status in portal changed to not applicable. Is that normal? Is the next step - Reviewing additional documents?
Yes. Mine went to Not applicable after RCMP PCC ADR uploaded.

Sasha2021

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
Hi everyone
I have a question:
I received medical request today but it has my old address (same country). I have already updated them with my new address through schedule A, but seems that they have not reviewed them yet.
Do you think the wrong address on the form is gonna make a problem?

D

Deleted member 994371

I have done house hunting for rentals in Vancouver and Victoria BC. Victoria tends to be very tight rental market with less than 1% vacancy. Here is how I did it. Please do note, I have always searched as an employed, married & (now) with a little kid. YMMV.

1. I did NOT use realtor etc. I did not pay 6 months of rent anywhere. If someone asks it, RUN. RUN as far as possible. It is a scam.

2. Rentals in Canada are not free for all game and is regulated by rental/tenancy boards which provide rental agreements and ensures rents are not increased and arbitrates in rental disputes.

3. There are 2 main kind of rentals. Purpose built rental buildings or privately owned homes. Purpose built rental buildings are typically owned by REIT funds or large investors and are NOT controlled by whims and wishes of some weird landlord. They have very well defined rental application form and process - typically it is first come first serve. Privately owned rental units are well... capricious. Lastly, there is this thing called Co-ops but typically Co-ops bar rentals so you wont have access to one.

4. Best place to look for rental ads is Craigslist. I got ALL my rental accommodations via this listing only.Pretty neat.

5. Strata or multi family buildings / units / homes have these things called by-laws which governs what and who can live in a unit. Typically its noise and related issues or occupancy limits or smoking area related limits. Be sure to look at one before confirming a rental.

5.5 Typically multi family buildings have a building manager who manages that buildings and in purpose built rental buildings is also responsible for putting out ads for rentals. If it is not a privately owned unit, insist on talking to this person for he or his employer is usually responsible for rentals.

6. Usually having a good job makes it easier to get a rental in a tight market.

7. Rentals typically start on 1st of month or 15 of month, most 1st of month. So to get a rental, new listings show up around mid of the month. Hit a listing before its taken. Start a conversation.

8. NO ONE can ask you a showing fee. If they do, its a scam. Run! Basically anyone who is offering a rental without showing the place and / or is asking money for it is a scam. This being said, scam rentals are easy to spot. They talk funny on email, they avoid giving any phone numbers to communicate, typically they ask money before showing the place (big red sign), there is no contact to building manager, the owner keeps on telling how they are outside canada. Typically sob stories are thrown in as how owner got stuck in USA due to covid or how owner's wife got cancer and he cannot live in the home due to all the MeMoRiEs. The scam artists tend to overshare and are unprofessional in rental game. Its very easy to spot them and even easier to avoid them. Lastly, if the listing has pictures, just do a google image search or tineye search on images. They almost ALWAYS hilariously end up being of a house or unit from another city, province and sometimes country! I once saw an ad with pictures from an apartment in JAPAN being offered for rent in downtown Vancouver. Yeah! Domo-Arigatou-Mista-Robotto! Lastly, if it is too good to be true, it usually is.

9. There is passive racism in rentals. In the sense individuals may prefer to give their homes for rent to known good races. Yes its 2022 but it is what it is. You can ignore it but don't be surprised if you were told a place has already been taken but it keeps on being listed and owner keeps on asking people.

10. Sometimes you may get what is called a sub-let. Its a rental of a rental. Basically you will be renting a house / unit --usually fully furnished from another tenant who is going away from his home for some time and you can take up that rental and pay rent to the landlord directly. It can be a good place to start but if you are not confident just skip.

11. Most of rentals come with address or atleast a phone no.. if not confirm if it is a real person or a scam. Look point 8.

12. Some people ask for credit score for rentals, which is not strictly needed and may not exist for new movers but including a copy did not seem to hurt me. That being said, never give SIN or other details to your prospective landlord.

13. If you are in job, include 1 or two references from your work place during application. it helps.

I will add more as I remember..

All these rental privileges will only work if you are employed.

Otherwise, get ready to pay advance rent.

Also, remember that you are living on the 2nd largest country in the world. So the land is very scarce here, hence the rentals are very high.

So if soft-landing is possible, get a job first and only then move to this frozen wonderland.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
All these rental privileges will only work if you are employed.

Otherwise, get ready to pay advance rent.

Also, remember that you are living on the 2nd largest country in the world. So the land is very scarce here, hence the rentals are very high.

So if soft-landing is possible, get a job first and only then move to this frozen wonderland.
If you look at @GandiBaat's answers from a perspective of earning 200K+ with a Canadian job, it makes total sense as you have all the options of the world. If you are a peasant, then your choices are more limited. Renting a room or a 1BR is totally different ballgame for newly landed folks without a job

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
Pathetic and day light robbery. :confused::confused::confused:. Airbnb should be the way to go for the first 2 or so months. For apartment rental search, I would use Zillow, Zumper, Kijiji, and definitely not craigslist or Facebook marketplace.
i found my current place and my upcoming rental on marketplace though. been great so far! make sure to arrange viewings so you know what the place is like and more importantly what the landlords are like

Reactions: RSub

sidou

Star Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hey guys

Is it okay to send for example a reference letter datted on june but the payslip is of july ? this wont rise any doubts ?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi everyone
I have a question:
I received medical request today but it has my old address (same country). I have already updated them with my new address through schedule A, but seems that they have not reviewed them yet.
Do you think the wrong address on the form is gonna make a problem?
Not a problem. Provide the clinic with your new address when you complete the medical forms, it will be reflected in your medical report that will be sent to IRCC.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
TR2PR Reloaded :cool::

New Canadian immigration program in the works. Canada is creating a new immigration program for temporary residents, and changes to Express Entry are on the way.

Canada is working on a new fast-track immigration program for temporary foreign workers and international students.

Immigration Minister Sean Fraser told CBC News the new program will be a permanent pathway for temporary residents. It will be similar but not identical to the Temporary Residence to Permanent Residence (TR2PR) program which opened the door to 90,000 essential workers and international student graduates last year.

“We are looking right now at the best path forward to create a permanent pathway for temporary residents,” Fraser said to CBC News.

Shortly after being appointed immigration minister, Fraser was mandated to “expand pathways to Permanent Residence for international students and temporary foreign workers.” Now, Fraser has 120 days to develop and release a strategy to achieve these goals, as dictated by a motion passed in the Canadian House of Commons.

“That actually puts me on a clock to come up with a framework to establish this new permanent residency pathway, not just for international students, but also for temporary foreign workers,” Fraser said.

Further details of the new program will be available by September 8 when Fraser’s 120 deadline is up.

Express Entry changes
Canada will once again invite Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC) candidates to apply for permanent residence this July, but that’s not the only change coming.

Bill C-19 is now passing through the Senate and is on track to become law. It will give Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) the authority to invite Express Entry candidates in the pool based on an economic goal, such as occupation, French-language ability, or education credential.

IRCC will be required to engage in a public consultation process to help them select which groups of Express Entry candidates will be invited in these types of draws. Further, IRCC must report annually to Parliament describing the economic goal that was sought in each instance.

--- read full story here

• Haha
Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo