+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 994371

I missed out on Australia (I had a PR there back in 2013-14 or so) exactly for the same reason. I did not want to go there without a job. Patience is the key for long term goals.

Is "soft-landing" a thing in Australian PR context?

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
I am wondering how to proceed, hope you guys can help me. I am sitting in the pool with 478, my profile is expiring in the beginning of October (IELTS is valid for another one year). Is it worth withdrawing the existing profile and create a completely new one now? I don’t think that getting an invite with 478 is possible before October. The sooner, the better, if I need to create a new one anyway.. what do you think?

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
I am wondering how to proceed, hope you guys can help me. I am sitting in the pool with 478, my profile is expiring in the beginning of October (IELTS is valid for another one year). Is it worth withdrawing the existing profile and create a completely new one now? I don’t think that getting an invite with 478 is possible before October. The sooner, the better, if I need to create a new one anyway.. what do you think?
Why would you need to withdraw? You can update your profile anytime with new scores or any other change of situation.

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
From what I understood, he is going to continue TR to PR
I can tell 1 thing it is just stupid.

I am not sure why they want to destroy their own country.
How on earth is it stupid? Why do people think EE FSW or PNP are more qualified? They are contributing revenue to the country, even if 10% of that group is really smart; it's still not a loss for the country. They need young manpower everywhere, not just experienced workers, PHD or master's candidates.

D

Deleted member 1050918

If you wanna try for PNP on the side while waiting for all program draws: Make a new profile now and hope to get a NOI from AB. They select profiles not older than 5 months.

If not: Doesn't really matter if you make a new profile or wait.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
If you wanna try for PNP on the side while waiting for all program draws: Make a new profile now and hope to get a NOI from AB. They select profiles not older than 5 months.

I am losing points at the end of November so I need and invite until then and there are loads of people with 480+, it is going to take 7-8 draws to go down to the 470s. By the time 470s are picked it is October probably when my profile is expiring. And as far as I know people with same points are picked as FIFO.

• Sad
Reactions: Yodm

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am losing points at the end of November so I need and invite until then and there are loads of people with 480+, it is going to take 7-8 draws to go down to the 470s. By the time 470s are picked it is October probably when my profile is expiring. And as far as I know people with same points are picked as FIFO.
You are right. When you submitted your profile can make a difference for EE draws if the tie-breaking rule is applied. If the tie-breaking rule is applied and your score matches the lowest score selected, then the date you submitted your profile will determine if you are selected or not.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Technically not quite accurate. It does matter if the tie-breaking rule is applied to you. In that case the date you submitted your profile matters.

D

Deleted member 1050918

And as far as I know people with same points are picked as FIFO.
Nah not FIFO, see below:

Technically not quite accurate. It does matter if the tie-breaking rule is applied to you. In that case the date you submitted your profile matters.
Thanks scylla.

So yeah what scylla is saying is you might wanna keep your older profile to have an edge over the others in a tie. But I personally find that a lesser advantage compared to your chances with AINP if you're interested in that at all.

Reactions: DesiPikachu

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Any tips for finding REIT owned buildings in Canada?
This is how i did it.:

Go to craigslist, look for listings. REIT owned buildings are typically advertised by some agency, contact info is of building manager and often entire building is rental building.

This is one REIT where I initially looked for apartment in Victoria. They have units in ontario too : https://www.capreit.ca/apartments-for-rent/

There are only few big REITs in Canada. They wont be hard to find. Here is one starting point : https://dividendearner.com/best-canadian-reits/

Look for mixed or residential REITs. Go to their website and look for their properties available for rent.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Is "soft-landing" a thing in Australian PR context?
No. Soft landing is a Canadian thing. Its (AFAIK) arriving in Canada from US land border, getting CoPR and just turning back and going back into USA.

Maria Odette

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
TR2PR Reloaded :cool::

New Canadian immigration program in the works. Canada is creating a new immigration program for temporary residents, and changes to Express Entry are on the way.

Canada is working on a new fast-track immigration program for temporary foreign workers and international students.

Immigration Minister Sean Fraser told CBC News the new program will be a permanent pathway for temporary residents. It will be similar but not identical to the Temporary Residence to Permanent Residence (TR2PR) program which opened the door to 90,000 essential workers and international student graduates last year.

“We are looking right now at the best path forward to create a permanent pathway for temporary residents,” Fraser said to CBC News.

Shortly after being appointed immigration minister, Fraser was mandated to “expand pathways to Permanent Residence for international students and temporary foreign workers.” Now, Fraser has 120 days to develop and release a strategy to achieve these goals, as dictated by a motion passed in the Canadian House of Commons.

“That actually puts me on a clock to come up with a framework to establish this new permanent residency pathway, not just for international students, but also for temporary foreign workers,” Fraser said.

Further details of the new program will be available by September 8 when Fraser’s 120 deadline is up.

Express Entry changes
Canada will once again invite Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC) candidates to apply for permanent residence this July, but that’s not the only change coming.

Bill C-19 is now passing through the Senate and is on track to become law. It will give Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) the authority to invite Express Entry candidates in the pool based on an economic goal, such as occupation, French-language ability, or education credential.

IRCC will be required to engage in a public consultation process to help them select which groups of Express Entry candidates will be invited in these types of draws. Further, IRCC must report annually to Parliament describing the economic goal that was sought in each instance.

--- read full story here
How are they going to manage demand for this? The IG stream filled up 40k+ spots in 24h. Will there also be a points grid like for EE? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: OneStepAtATime

raklukr

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
I had a general question-I will be working remotely for my US employer through its Canadian entity based in Quebec. I will be residing in Toronto and be working 100% remote. The job offer was not part of my EE application and I got the offer only after I received my COPR. Since the express entry program doesn't allow intent to reside in Quebec (I won't be living in Quebec in any case, but in Toronto), is there anything I need to be careful about while landing due to the Canadian employer's office being in Quebec?