+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Sharlegail

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Also, connect these two points.

What do you think about the last sentence, where they refer to candidates as homogeneous like this is not so good…it seems like they emphasis again that the decision to invite loads of “diverse” cec was right

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Also, connect these two points.

Also, I don't think IRCC will reduce PR intake to 50%. The current status would lead it to that scenario but the memo is about pausing the draws to clear the backlogs. So 50% reduction, 36 months bs, and anything under "current status" aren't gonna happen if IRCC decided to pause the draws. But IRCC will also need to consider the repercussion of pausing the draws when inland Grandpas move out of status. For example, my friend's work permit ends in May of 2022. He is waiting for the CEC draw. He panicked in the call yesterday. I am not being optimistic but that is what I could make out from this memo.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
What do you think about the last sentence, where they refer to candidates as homogeneous like this is not so good…it seems like they emphasis again that the decision to invite loads of “diverse” cec was right
Irrespective of draws being paused or resumed, the cores will remain high. Their definition of homogeneous is very much what the Express Entry pool of candidates falls under-high language score, more work exp, etc. I really donno what they are trying to say there.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Also, I don't think IRCC will reduce PR intake to 50%. The current status would lead it to that scenario but the memo is about pausing the draws to clear the backlogs. So 50% reduction, 36 months bs, and anything under "current status" aren't gonna happen if IRCC decided to pause the draws. But IRCC will also need to consider the repercussion of pausing the draws when inland Grandpas move out of status. For example, my friend's work permit ends in May of 2022. He is waiting for the CEC draw. He panicked in the call yesterday. I am not being optimistic but that is what I could make out from this memo.
PNP is still open.

Reactions: RSub

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Irrespective of draws being paused or resumed, the cores will remain high. Their definition of homogeneous is very much what the Express Entry pool of candidates falls under-high language score, more work exp, etc. I really donno what they are trying to say there.
They need diverse PR intake. Diverse in NOCs etc. They want some NOC-B as well. I guess its a sign of switch to NOC-specific quota. Sooner than the later.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Be that as it may, international students at universities are still a key financial boon in Canada. Most of them would not be given the chance to study trades here. I don't think conservatives would eliminate the international student industry even if they favoured trades overall, Canadian universities will usually increase fees for international students whenever there is a shortfall in the budget. They know they can't complain about fee hikes.
I didn't mean trades for international, I meant trades for citizens. Several MPs go saying trades are cheaper and usually more in demand, trying to get citizens to drop the mentality of needing university to succeed. There would be less citizens in universities for international students to sponsor with their 3x-4x tuition.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
They need diverse PR intake. Diverse in NOCs etc. They want some NOC-B as well. I guess its a sign of switch to NOC-specific quota. Sooner than the later.
Yes. NOC is definitely coming back. Maybe works will happen to transition from traditional draws to NOC based during this temporary pause.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
It simply means that most candidates in the pool will tend towards the same type of profile, and the diversity of candidates will take a bit of a hit. Which… is a bad thing if those candidates become clustered around a small number of NOCs and professions.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
I mean it seems like such documents are very serious to be leaked liked this unless someone from officials decided to post it to clarify what is going on. It looks real though, which is quite painful
its not a leaked document. Anyone in canada can request an ATIP if you know exactly what you are looking for. Just need to be specific, they will redact everything important, like they did in this document.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying like can you tell us what will lead to 36 months of what?
In the memo, they are trying to tell us the current status. If nothing is done, then the processing time will increase from 20.4 months to 36 months. But that is not the idea of this memo. The primary purpose of this memo is to request a pause on draws in order to allocate resources to significantly reduce the backlogs (read the first bulleted point under summary). That is all you need to know about the memo. Rest all $hit doesn't even matter.

The attorneys, YouTubers, news agencies could have all just focused on the purpose of this memo. But they all cherry-picked a few points to scaremonger the weaklings.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
In the memo, they are trying to tell us the current status. If nothing is done, then the processing time will increase from 20.4 months to 36 months. But that is not the idea of this memo. The primary purpose of this memo is to request a pause on draws in order to allocate resources to significantly reduce the backlogs (read the first bulleted point under summary). That is all you need to know about the memo. Rest all $hit doesn't even matter.

The attorneys, YouTubers, news agencies could have all just focused on the purpose of this memo. But they all cherry-picked a few points to scaremonger the weaklings.
the next steps section on the memo is all redacted, because IRCC hates transparency.

• Haha

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Can you point me out where it says it is confirm it is halted till June?

Only credible new update it just this statement -

"“The already existing robust inventory of skilled candidates to process means that there won’t be a reduction in 2022 of the number of new skilled permanent residents arriving in Canada to work and settle,” she said in an email. “This pause is temporary; invitations to apply under the FHS streams will resume once the processing inventory is reduced enough to create space for new intake.”

Rest is in from Mr. Stevens obtained memo

Lmao this one fucking document has been reshared, reframed, sourced, articled, and commented about multiple times, its actually fucking crazy man

D

Deleted member 1050918

I'm sorry you were saying 36 months now you're saying 20.4 months and YouTube. We want to understand your point on YouTubers and how processing times will drop from 36 months to 20.4 months.