USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
PNP is still open.
PNP will continue. Holthe said that the PR target from PNP does not contribute to the FHS target. Even if the FHS target is reduced, PNP will continue without any issue.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I'm sorry you were saying 36 months now you're saying 20.4 months and YouTube. We want to understand your point on YouTubers and how processing times will drop from 36 months to 20.4 months.
Bro. Read the memo and my explanation. Or let me explain again.

The current processing time of FSW is 20.4 months (See the memo)
The expected processing time of FSW is 36 months if nothing is done to tackle backlogs.

The processing times are based on percentile as @GandiBaat explained. See this explanation: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fsw-worldwide.739338/post-9916604

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
the next steps section on the memo is all redacted, because IRCC hates transparency.
One question immigration pundits and desi YouTubers ask is that if IRCC had been sitting on this information since Nov 2021, why the hell they did not tell it out so that people would have moved on with their lives.

Reactions: Lulu69

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
One question immigration pundits and desi YouTubers ask is that if IRCC had been sitting on this information since Nov 2021, why the hell they did not tell it out so that people would have moved on with their lives.
Because they are assholes. There was another memo from May showing they knew TR2PR was a shitshow and would ruin the whole skilled worker program, but they prefer that people cling on to hope so they can shatter it for fun.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Not true at all ,depends on where you live and work, I have only interacted with Americans in my 4.5 years in US becausemy companyhas no Indians other than me I meant my facility, during my student life most of the time I talked to American but you have to also make an effort.I only got 1 Indian friend in the entire US.
Sure, if you're going to a place where there aren't many people from your country, you'll be forced to talk to other people because there are only locals or very few international students. But i'm saying for most people where there is a large contingent of people from their country, like there is for example for Indians in most major Canadian cities, you will most likely spend your time with them than you do with local people. Or you'll spend more time with other international students.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I didn't mean trades for international, I meant trades for citizens. Several MPs go saying trades are cheaper and usually more in demand, trying to get citizens to drop the mentality of needing university to succeed. There would be less citizens in universities for international students to sponsor with their 3x-4x tuition.
Sure, but even with this desire to funnel people into trades, it certainly will not offset the majority of people wanting to get university educated for most professions. You are still much better paid in most high skilled occupations in which you need a university degree as a baseline qualification.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Investment banking professional, PNP does not favor financial analysts. Ontario draws them occasionally, last time November. I am 478 CRS, which will come down to 472 in March.
I'd say if you're interested in data analytics, try to do a Master's degree in a field related to that.

With a Canadian Master's degree and a PGWP, that should ensure your chance to immigrate.

Only thing to be mindful of is, right now there's still no solid timeline for both CEC and FSW draws to resume, and it's up to you whether you want to see how things shake out in 6 months. If you can wait 6 months i'd do that if you want to try to save on the cost of studying in Canada.

In any case, most programs start in September, so you can apply and get your admission, then decide on whether you want to study or not based on how things are looking around the 6 month mark when it comes to EE.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020