+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Actually some people are getting such jobs. Even before landing they are securing jobs and working from home country initially. But these are high demand jobs where they are not able to find talent locally.
Such cases are quite rare. The first thing a Canadian employer would ask for, to be able to pay you for jobs, is your SIN. Unless they operate some sort of international bank account or have a license to hire people for remote jobs. Canada cares about the taxes, hence their many means of bringing temporary foreign workers into the country. The employer would not mind getting you an LMIA to be able to bring you in, pending when you get your permanent residency.

Last edited:
Reactions: RajKannan

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
It’s a bit worrisome that Ontario is the best province to start, but they tax the hell out of you. I keep looking at Alberta and Manitoba, but it feels like it would be harder to land a job at first.
They tax because people can pay. Minimum wage in Ontario is one of the top 3 in Canada.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I know people who got it. You need to be persistent. Of course, with a PR, it is fairly easier. You gotta find people like the one below:

It's tough but doable.
Have you tried LMIA Rajesh? NOC 2011 food supervisor aka subway sandwich technician is in demand occupation.

jester10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2020
I know people who got it. You need to be persistent. Of course, with a PR, it is fairly easier. You gotta find people like the one below:

It's tough but doable.
Such position is most probably going to go to a French national with an IEC work permit. Haven't heard about a single person from India/South-East-Asia to get these jobs.

NeedHelp2020

Jul 23, 2020
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Such position is most probably going to go to a French national with an IEC work permit. Haven't heard about a single person from India/South-East-Asia to get these jobs.
Hi Jester10. I am new to this group. Can you please tell why do you say so. I have not heard of such argument before.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
One mistake most people do is they start asking for job references right away. I wouldn't refer someone that I just connected to on LinkedIn. I want to learn about the person before referring them for a job. Start making connections now and set up a time to speak with those people. Instead of asking for a job in your first message, just talk to them about the workplace, living in that city, and life in Canada. Once you have a COPR, tell them you wanna apply for jobs in their company. If you start developing that relationship now, by the time you have your COPR, you will have known the person and it will be easier to approach for a job reference. Mind you, people get referral bonuses, so it is a win-win situation for both.
Ill be more active on linkedin and try to get my connections up.
Linkedin has a limit when it comes to weekly connnection request sent.

Reactions: RajKannan

jester10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2020
Hi Jester10. I am new to this group. Can you please tell why do you say so. I have not heard of such argument before.
The thing is, companies can only sponsor a foreign tech worker through an LMIA permit which is next to impossible to get. I know a lot of talented data scientists and other tech workers in India who would pounce at such an opportunity but these are never really fruitful.
Amazon already has a lot of high talent workers in India and they end up doing internal transfers to Canada, which is also quite rare.

I know a SysAdmin who was able to get LMIA for a company in London, Ontario cause his maternal uncle was working in that company and he had a strong reference.

If it was really that easy for tech workers to get a job in Canada from India, then they wouldn't be involved in the hassle of applying PR under the FSW or OINP Tech-Draws.

However, it still does not stop you from applying. You can try your luck, but don't keep any high expectations.