+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Actually some people are getting such jobs. Even before landing they are securing jobs and working from home country initially. But these are high demand jobs where they are not able to find talent locally.
what about entry level stuff in java/javascript/react?

How do I advertise?
I am worried if it will ruin my chances if I spam them now and when I actually apply after landing I get ignored.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Problem is, that POS thinks all of us are dumb and we don't do our due diligence before moving to a new country. We are adults for fk sake. We know about high taxes, high cost of living, and some of us may not gonna live in the seventh heaven for the first few months. I am telling y'all again, the guy's wife beat him...beat him in public and so he has nowhere to go but rant in a public forum on strangers assuming our lives are as pathetic as his.
are you signing up to be a canadian election worker? i think the pay is great. 15-20$ per hr is almost double you make at 7-11.

jester10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2020
Network in LinkedIn. Apply directly on the company's websites. Reach out to prospective teams that are recruiting and express your interest. North America lacks IT talents. They need you. Also, please update your resume to Canadian format and write an effective cover letter. Also, Amazon is recruiting in record numbers in Vancouver. I have seen LinkedIn posts that say they will sponsor visas. Make use of it. Connect with recruiters in tech companies. They post jobs very often.

https://arrivein.com/career-ca/how-to-write-a-resume-for-the-canadian-job-market/
Been there, done that.

You cannot secure an IT job just by applying online without having a Canadian work-permit or a PR.

Reactions: sixtyby3

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Network in LinkedIn. Apply directly on the company's websites. Reach out to prospective teams that are recruiting and express your interest. North America lacks IT talents. They need you. Also, please update your resume to Canadian format and write an effective cover letter. Also, Amazon is recruiting in record numbers in Vancouver. I have seen LinkedIn posts that say they will sponsor visas. Make use of it. Connect with recruiters in tech companies. They post jobs very often.

https://arrivein.com/career-ca/how-to-write-a-resume-for-the-canadian-job-market/
I did talk to an recruiter from amazon. She said If I had a CoPR she will push resume forward, without confirmation its a bit tricky.
I will go ahead with other things you mention here.
I don't expect much but at-least I can test the waters.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Problem is, that POS thinks all of us are dumb and we don't do our due diligence before moving to a new country. We are adults for fk sake. We know about high taxes, high cost of living, and some of us may not gonna live in the seventh heaven for the first few months. I am telling y'all again, the guy's wife beat him...beat him in public and so he has nowhere to go but rant in a public forum on strangers assuming our lives are as pathetic as his.
It’s a bit worrisome that Ontario is the best province to start, but they tax the hell out of you. I keep looking at Alberta and Manitoba, but it feels like it would be harder to land a job at first.

Reactions: Ranger91

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Thanks. I just don't see any update on my GCKey account, no email/no contact from IRCC since I submitted biometric, so I'm not sure what the GCMS notes are talking about.
You won’t see anything on your profile until COPR is issued but this much is certain - your application is approved and when PPRs start raining, you’ll most likely get one

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
I am posting this question as this is an active profile.
I know finding a job before landing is next to impossible during pre-covid times. But what about now? Are companies entertaining out of canada applicants. Can we explain to them that we have application in process and plan to land soon?
I am talking in specific about IT jobs. I know about VanHack, Mobsquad but what if I applying directly on linkedin to companies keeping my location as Toronto? I can explain my situation to them later.
LinkedIn is your best option, but as folks mentioned unless you have PR most employers will skip over.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I am posting this question as this is an active profile.
I know finding a job before landing is next to impossible during pre-covid times. But what about now? Are companies entertaining out of canada applicants. Can we explain to them that we have application in process and plan to land soon?
I am talking in specific about IT jobs. I know about VanHack, Mobsquad but what if I applying directly on linkedin to companies keeping my location as Toronto? I can explain my situation to them later.
It's worth a shot when you have your COPR handy. You can communicate with the employer and let them know of your intentions to land soon. Will they listen if you aren't even sure of when you will get the COPR? I don't think so. Most positions advertised are expected to be filled within certain timelines. It may be difficult for any in-Canada organisation to work with the uncertainties surrounding immigration right about now.

Reactions: RajKannan

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
:D

Reactions: RajKannan

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Exactly. Immigrating to Canada at any level means we aren't have-nots. He is just a bloody saddo.