+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

I agree with most things you said .If I am right you mentioned in your post that you learned French and you are really good at what you are doing (I think you mentioned consultant) what I meant by that is Canada is not the last word for you.I am sure you are smart and you have backup plans.You have waited patiently for a year isn't it just hold on till first quarter, if things are not changing use your plan b.
Don't take me wrong when I say this ,I am sure you know this ,I think everyone knows this an avg human will live for 80 years (if lucky) we all will start losing health from 60 ,you will be in you late 20s or early 30s.Do you think it is worth worrying and wasting your good days especially when you have other options.
If it works it works or leave it .If you watch sports you can see always the team or the player who failed dont dwell on the failure they move on quickly for the next game .
I am not anyone to advise you but just give a thought .
lol what are you even talking about? I am sticking to Canada for several reasons, one of which being I actually do not have other options. Still don't know how that has anything to do with anything I was talking about.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I am sticking to Canada for several reasons, one of which being I actually do not have other options.
Are you in a position to consider the study route? In other words, do you have $100k to spend? If you do, then you definitely have other options. If you find yourself out of options despite having that money, it's you yourself who's putting you in that situation without options.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Are you in a position to consider the study route? In other words, do you have $100k to spend? If you do, then you definitely have other options. If you find yourself out of options despite having that money, it's you yourself who's putting you in that situation without options.
Chill. Studying in Canada is still part of the plan to go to Canada. And no, I don't have $100k sitting around. I'll be taking loans to go about it. Second, as I have mentioned multiple times before, I will have a tough time getting into universities owing to changing my field and not having sufficient academic references, which has so far eliminated most universities from consideration. Yes, I emailed admissions and confirmed that professional references will not be accepted, and will lead to immediate refusal of the application.

I know it's super trendy to shit on Canada and the job market there, or whatever other fun metrics people who've never set foot in Canada like to come up with. But with all the shortcomings, a lower class life in Canada will still beat an upper middle class life in my trash country. I will forever shit on IRCC and their incomprehensible stupidity, but I'll accept the country for what it is when I get there.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I know it's super trendy to shit on Canada and the job market there, or whatever other fun metrics people who've never set foot in Canada like to come up with. But with all the shortcomings, a lower class life in Canada will still beat an upper middle class life in my trash country.
I live/lived in Canada dude... But alright. I was saying you do have options in other countries (with better opportunities actually) if you could stop insisting on Canada. FSW has no alternative but if your plan is not to wait for FSW then you have more options than just one country.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I live/lived in Canada dude... But alright. I was saying you do have options in other countries (with better opportunities actually) if you could stop insisting on Canada. FSW has no alternative but if your plan is not to wait for FSW then you have more options than just one country.
Ah yes, let me get that job seeker visa and run off to Germany and hope to get a job there in six months. Then hope that I never lose that job, and stay married to that one job regardless of how good or bad it is. Nevermind the fact that even though "everyone speaks english in Germany", I will still never fit in because of the massive language/cultural barrier. Plus I just have the money to support myself for six months just lying around right?

You're often leading the charge on the Canada hate train. Why are you still doing it? I'm sure you'll throw back into a hypothetical past where if you hadn't gotten an AINP, you'd for sureeee have abandoned the plan to go there. Pretty convenient though that you get to say that because you're now on track to eventually make it to Canada, a supposedly terrible country. Maybe it wasn't you specifically who said it, but it irks me how post AOR folks talk a big game about Canada being trash, with all these grand ideas of what could have been "if they hadn't already spent so much time getting to this point".

People have different reasons they want to go to different countries. Maybe eventually I'll go to Germany or fucking Ukraine when the time comes. But for now, I'm choosing to focus on going to Canada so that I can still stay in contact with my entire social and professional network south of the border.

Sorry for the rant. But it's just annoying when post AOR folks pretend to be rational by telling people to go elsewhere. Tell me, are you simultaneously applying for a job seeker visa to Germany or are you waiting it out to see where your Canadian PR processing gets you first?

I've never said I won't wait for FSW. I don't have a fucking choice. In the meantime, I'm applying for a study permit to try and maximize my chances.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I think Mushy is from India. For us Indians, there are 100’s of options for studying but Canada is one of the only option for us to move permanently. There is no other country that will process our applications faster. This is why people like me don’t mind waiting because we don’t have an option.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Tell me, are you simultaneously applying for a job seeker visa to Germany or are you waiting it out to see where your Canadian PR processing gets you first?
I'm not applying to anything else right now because I think I'll stay in my country if I don't get a PR from Canada; I'm getting a bit too old to immigrate. Or maybe I'll look at my options in EU or US; careers are only better there anyway. Your mind is so set on Canada dude; and FSW is great but if FSW isn't an option, what I'm saying is locking onto Canada is forcing yourself to accept a worse deal than you could have found.

I think Mushy is from India. For us Indians, there are 100’s of options for studying but Canada is one of the only option for us to move permanently. There is no other country that will process our applications faster. This is why people like me don’t mind waiting because we don’t have an option.
And I'm saying you guys aren't aware of your options... US is surely not one but EU has a few. None will give you the comfort of FSW but if no FSW, it means you just have to go the extra mile (money) and while at that you could've accepted a better deal.

Anyway fellas, wishing you best of luck

Reactions: RSub

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Ah yes, let me get that job seeker visa and run off to Germany and hope to get a job there in six months. Then hope that I never lose that job, and stay married to that one job regardless of how good or bad it is. Nevermind the fact that even though "everyone speaks english in Germany", I will still never fit in because of the massive language/cultural barrier. Plus I just have the money to support myself for six months just lying around right?

You're often leading the charge on the Canada hate train. Why are you still doing it? I'm sure you'll throw back into a hypothetical past where if you hadn't gotten an AINP, you'd for sureeee have abandoned the plan to go there. Pretty convenient though that you get to say that because you're now on track to eventually make it to Canada, a supposedly terrible country. Maybe it wasn't you specifically who said it, but it irks me how post AOR folks talk a big game about Canada being trash, with all these grand ideas of what could have been "if they hadn't already spent so much time getting to this point".

People have different reasons they want to go to different countries. Maybe eventually I'll go to Germany or fucking Ukraine when the time comes. But for now, I'm choosing to focus on going to Canada so that I can still stay in contact with my entire social and professional network south of the border.

Sorry for the rant. But it's just annoying when post AOR folks pretend to be rational by telling people to go elsewhere. Tell me, are you simultaneously applying for a job seeker visa to Germany or are you waiting it out to see where your Canadian PR processing gets you first?

I've never said I won't wait for FSW. I don't have a fucking choice. In the meantime, I'm applying for a study permit to try and maximize my chances.
In the meantime, I'm applying for a study permit to try and maximize my chances.
gone time is gone, but let's not be bothered about how the past was, move forward, do something to reach wherever you want. out of my boredom i was too impatient so i planned route B several months go. you remember it mushy

D

Deleted member 1050918

In the meantime, I'm applying for a study permit to try and maximize my chances.
gone time is gone, but let's not be bothered about how the past was, move forward, do something to reach wherever you want. out of my boredom i was too impatient so i planned route B several months go. you remember it mushy

Move forward where? Student life in Canada isn't moving forward. I too had the same false expectation that a PhD would kickstart my life in Canada but no; as long as you're on a study permit, while physically in Canada, you're not really in Canada that much. Same story in the US. EU truly needs skilled immigrants and even as a grad student your life is better than the grad life in Canada from day 1 because the pay is better; and/or if you're self funding the expenses are lower.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
finding a work in the UK is a bit of time consuming, but i shall say that 95% of visa's including work permit and permanent residence permit is processed so quick without a delay. the expected max time is 6 months for PR app, but 95% apps are processed within 3-4 months. I have never heard of a pr application of UK that crossed 4 months.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Move forward where? Student life in Canada isn't moving forward. I too had the same false expectation that a PhD would kickstart my life in Canada but no; as long as you're on a study permit, while physically in Canada, you're not really in Canada that much. Same story in the US. EU truly needs skilled immigrants and even as a grad student your life is better than the grad life in Canada from day 1 because the pay is better; and/or if you're self funding the expenses are lower.
who suggested yo to do a PhD? why didn't you research about it so you never had to fall into this trap of student life and unwanted degrees

Reactions: dainte58945

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
as long as you're on a study permit, while physically in Canada, you're not really in Canada that much

Then why is ircc focusing on them this whole year? why did ircc open new tr2pr pathways especially without a competition (no crs). The only competition I found is to apply before it reach the 40k, the run to apply it is the only competition

D

Deleted member 1050918

while physically in Canada, you're not really in Canada that much

Then why is ircc focusing on them this whole year? why did ircc open new tr2pr pathways especially without a competition (no crs). The only competition I found is to apply before t reach the 40k, the run to apply it is the only competition
Dude IRCC has no impact on your life quality while on a study permit which puts you in a situation where you're only employed at McDonald's. Whatever IRCC is doing has to do with what happens to you after you graduated, in which case you're not on study permit anymore.

who suggested yo to do a PhD? why didn't you research about it so you never had to fall into this trap of student life and unwanted degrees

Who said it's unwanted? I'm willingly doing my PhD. My mistake was not applying for PR years ago when I had the chance and putting the PhD first, thinking that a grad life in Canada would also be a start. Trust me, it is really not.

Dropping the conversation here fellas. Nobody can show you how wrong you are about your expectations of student life in Canada on a study permit so you'll need to see for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Dude IRCC has no impact on your life quality while on a study permit which puts you in a situation where you're only employed at McDonald's. Whatever IRCC is doing has to do with what happens to you after you graduated, in which case you're not on study permit anymore.

Who said it's unwanted? I'm willingly doing my PhD. My mistake was not applying for PR years ago when I had the chance and putting the PhD first, thinking that a grad life in Canada would also be a start. Trust me, it is really not.

Dropping the conversation here fellas. Nobody can show you how wrong you are about your expectations of student life in Canada on a study permit so you'll need to see for yourself.
nobody expects student life in Canada is better. this is not about it. pre-ita folks are just trying to get into the safe side if ircc ever drops fsw or streamline it which makes the fsw even harder to the point many pool folks are unable to achieve an ita.

the study permit is simply a safe side. the last string anyone can hold onto.

imagine a pool candidate working to even learn the french even tho he'/she may not ever use it in their life, achieving scores to reach 500+ when ircc continues to ignore those maxed out skilled workers just for their political benefit. yet such folks has nowhere to complain but find other ways to be in a safeplace considering shitty international study permit pathway.