+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Please explain to me the logic of canceling applications? Even if we are to assume that IRCC has that line of thinking then why would they actively continue to process applications albeit at a snail's pace? Also, the NOC 2021 change is a long way away and if that were to become the cause of cancelation then we would definitely get an update on that. IRCC is random but not that random to just one day cancel without any justification or reason. Backlog is not an issue as there are merely 50K outland applications that could be processed within a couple of months easily.
It's really simple, no PPR for recently approved applications. Some people had their applications approved in June/July after re-meds and ADR's according to their GCMS notes and still no PPR was issued. Why risk expiring documents again, reprocess wasting more time instead of just issuing PPR and closing the application?

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
It's really simple, no PPR for recently approved applications. Some people had their applications approved in June/July after re-meds and ADR's according to their GCMS notes and still no PPR was issued. Why risk expiring documents again, reprocess wasting more time instead of just issuing PPR and closing the application?
Your logic doesn't have any leg to stand on. PPR for FSWs is not being issued because they are not a priority right now not because they are in the queue to be canceled. Expired documents don't mean the application has to be reprocessed. As seen with a lot of PPRs/COPRs that were issued within a few days of submitting ADRs and doing re-medicals.

admcdonald

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
My question is what would stop them from doing this again? The backlog is already big enough.
I am not too familiar with the Canadian political system, but in the US at least, making even small legislative changes on immigration requires a bill passing both the house and senate and approved by the president. How are the liberals so sure whatever they want to do can be done faster than processing the backlogs, facing no oppositions?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Your logic doesn't have any leg to stand on. PPR for FSWs is not being issued because they are not a priority right now not because they are in the queue to be canceled. Expired documents don't mean the application has to be reprocessed. As seen with a lot of PPRs/COPRs that were issued within a few days of submitting ADRs and doing re-medicals.
If these approved applications don't hear anything for another year which is highly likely, they would need to atleast do medicals again so someone needs to reopen the application, set it to in-progess and request for re-meds as we have already seen happening with expired COPR holders. If IRCC decided to cancel all applications, do you think they will bother with this?

Reactions: Lc4life

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I am not too familiar with the Canadian political system, but in the US at least, making even small legislative changes on immigration requires a bill passing both the house and senate and approved by the president. How are the liberals so sure whatever they want to do can be done faster than processing the backlogs, facing no oppositions?
This is the exact thing that happened last time.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
IRCC is swamped with apps. They said they can work from home properly now but we'll see how true that is. There's no reason to have any expectations until the second half of 2022 in terms of PPR/app processing. MEP/BIL really takes 5+ months now. All program draws might come back sooner like Q1 2022.
Bro did u do upfront medical? Are you still not R10 complete? Check your cic account, does your uci still start with CAN?

D

Deleted member 1050918

Bro did u do upfront medical? Are you still not R10 complete? Check your cic account, does your uci still start with CAN?
Did upfront med. Still CAN. Still not R10 complete. It's only been a little over a week since I applied dude, it's too soon.

• Sad
Reactions: Lc4life

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
This time, the rules regarding making a decision on an application are stricter atleast according to legalfalcon. If your application has passed completeness check, then IRCC is supposed to make a decision and cannot refuse applications for random reasons. But you are also not wrong, they can change the law and cancel all applications.
Didn’t the previous cancellation law give the immigration PM a lot of power so that the PM can do whatever he wants to? I feel like most Canadian decisions are like that. Like the prtr, it was like boom - all of a sudden. There’s no back n forth debate and pros and cons

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
If these approved applications don't hear anything for another year which is highly likely, they would need to atleast do medicals again so someone needs to reopen the application, set it to in-progess and request for re-meds as we have already seen happening with expired COPR holders. If IRCC decided to cancel all applications, do you think they will bother wih this?
Again your wild speculations are way off base and not backed by any information or facts. You are trying to force this idea that applications getting cancelled is on the cards but you have no clue. PNP outlanders are now getting PPRs, did you imagine this would happen? If one were to ask you this question a few weeks ago, you would say with conviction that no outland application would get PPR and would be stuck in limbo forever. In fact, you did say that if I remember it correctly. I don't really care if IRCC cancels my application but what you are saying doesn't make any sense.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Didn’t the previous cancellation law give the immigration PM a lot of power so that the PM can do whatever he wants to? I feel like most Canadian decisions are like that. Like the prtr, it was like boom - all of a sudden. There’s no back n forth debate and pros and cons
Maybe they will announce the cancellations like how TR to PR was announced out of the blue.

• Haha
Reactions: Psyoptica

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Again your wild speculations are way off base and not backed by any information or facts. You are trying to force this idea that applications getting cancelled is on the cards but you have no clue. PNP outlanders are now getting PPRs, did you imagine this would happen? If one were to ask you this question a few weeks ago, you would say with conviction that no outland application would get PPR and would be stuck in limbo forever. In fact, you did say that if I remember it correctly. I don't really care if IRCC cancels my application but what you are saying doesn't make any sense.
Like I said many times, pnp and fsw are different creatures. Don’t benchmark fsw PPR based on PNP. If you do that you re getting very distorted pictures.

admcdonald

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
If I understood it correctly, the ministerial instruction part you are referring to pertains to conducting draws and streamlining processing. But it does not give the immigration minister power above legislation, which requires complete applications to be processed.

Also, even if this is all wrong and the PM has such power, couldn't Marco Mendicino have done it already?

Reactions: dainte58945